Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Help!!! I need help! Attornies reject me, K1 denial CIMT. no one will help us!! :(

Wikiposts

Help!!! I need help! Attornies reject me, K1 denial CIMT. no one will help us!! :(

Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:00 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!!! I need help! Attornies reject me, K1 denial CIMT. no one will help us!! :

Originally Posted by jenny4given
Ian, yes I do want to stay in my country if I can. I dont see why thats wrong of me...yes I want to stay here and yes I want to be with him. Thats why I'm hurting..I'm torn. Sorry if thats a bad thing in your eyes.
Quite simply, what you "want" to do, may not be what is "possible" or "allowed". You have difficult choices to make. Such is life. Good luck to you.

Ian
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 1:04 pm
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help!!! I need help! Attornies reject me, K1 denial CIMT. no one will help us!! :

what would you rather have?

a bunch of people all saying ' wow - sucks to be you - poor you - thats terrible and mean' etc etc or worse - some crappy advice that wouldnt get you where you want to be but would make you feel better this minute?

or

a bunch of people telling you how it is in reality and maybe suggestion of some next steps ?
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 3:37 pm
BE Enthusiast

BeachBunny is an unknown quantity at this point

Hey everyone, I just wanted to remind you all that others that are not used to message boards can take things a lot more personally than those of us that have been around the forum block a few times.

Jenny is in a bad place at the moment, like a lot of us our or have been while going through this frustrating process. Jenny has really strong ties to her family and community here and so she'll like to do everything she possibly can to stay here. I understand that one. My personal situation was bleak and I kept forging ahead and eventually was able to to stay home... if things would have went the other way then I would have moved to Wales to be with my husband. To be perfectly honest, I think my case was a miracle case. LOL

Anyways, I do have a few questions about what posted and maybe the rules have changed... when I was studying our case I don't remember there being a 15 year rule since your last conviction.???

Also, isn't EVERYONE eligible to FILE a waiver, so maybe Jenny you are understanding the process wrong. I will PM you and maybe we can meet up and discuss your case and find you a local lawyer that you can sit and discuss your case with in person. They hardest problem will be determining if you do have an eligible case of EXTREME hardship.
Old Sep 2nd 2009, 5:18 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by BeachBunny
Hey everyone, I just wanted to remind you all that others that are not used to message boards can take things a lot more personally than those of us that have been around the forum block a few times.

Jenny is in a bad place at the moment, like a lot of us our or have been while going through this frustrating process. Jenny has really strong ties to her family and community here and so she'll like to do everything she possibly can to stay here. I understand that one. My personal situation was bleak and I kept forging ahead and eventually was able to to stay home... if things would have went the other way then I would have moved to Wales to be with my husband. To be perfectly honest, I think my case was a miracle case. LOL

Anyways, I do have a few questions about what posted and maybe the rules have changed... when I was studying our case I don't remember there being a 15 year rule since your last conviction.???

Also, isn't EVERYONE eligible to FILE a waiver, so maybe Jenny you are understanding the process wrong. I will PM you and maybe we can meet up and discuss your case and find you a local lawyer that you can sit and discuss your case with in person. They hardest problem will be determining if you do have an eligible case of EXTREME hardship.
Hi:

There is a 15 year rule on waivers for prostitution related convictions. To be honest, I didn't know about this until I had a case about 6 years back. We were pleasantly surprised -- it was a waiver to follow to join his family. The conviction was related to bachelor party the night before their wedding. At 15 years, the "extreme hardship" requirement goes away and you just have to prove no danger to the US.

Can't go into the details of the case which was so memorable that the that little legal factoid is struck in my mind. Shall we say that the processing of his immigration was affected by Al-Qaeda -- twice. His first waiver application had been pending with INS in Nairobi when the embassy was bombed.