Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Help! How do I withdraw approved I-130?

Wikiposts

Help! How do I withdraw approved I-130?

Old Jul 11th 2005, 8:22 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Help! How do I withdraw approved I-130?

Alana,

You can get some good information here.
< http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...ypes_1309.html >

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by StarlaLorien
Thanks everyone.

Well, FINALLY something has happened-my parents address in the US recieved a package from the NVC last week. They have sent it on to me in the UK so I don't know what it is yet.

My husband got something in the mail today from the NVC...his choice of agent form.

I'm assumming this means the NVC have our case and that we should just proceed from there. I'm beyond the point of wanting to withdraw it now to do DCF, as I'm guessing from what you have all been saying it doesnt take ages and ages at the NVC now that its there.

However, as I've been putting my efforts into figuring out DCF I don't have the foggiest idea how to do itthe "normal" way. Is there any how-to webpage thats easy to understand that would help me learn how the process goes from this point onwards?

Also, as we both live in the UK should we choose an agent in the US or just use our UK address?

Thanks everyone for all of your help.
~Alana
Old Jul 11th 2005, 10:00 am

Trent is an unknown quantity at this point
Thumbs up Re: Help! How do I withdraw approved I-130?

SL,

I wish you all the best in your efforts for your husband to come here and live with you.

I am not a legal expert and may not interpret the laws but what I'm good at is "googling' that information out.

To comfort you, I have found three US embassy sites: (Warsaw, Poland, Skopje, Republic of Macedonia, and Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam).

On all these "official" US embassy websites (just click on the name and it should take you directly to the specific page with that information), you will see the exact information that was provided by the USCIS representative on the phone to your mom (i.e. withdrawing an application requires notarized statement). But sadly, I couldn't find that information on the London embassy website. I'm just assuming (and I know assuming is a sin) that what applies to withdrawing an immigrant application at a US embassy or USCIS, applies everywhere else including all US embassies and USCIS service centers.

However, not to further cause you distress, I have also found this:

28 U.S.C. § 1746

Which states (quoting directly from the above DOJ page):

Wherever, under any law of the United States or under any rule, regulation, order, or requirement made pursuant to law, any matter is required or permitted to be supported, evidenced, established, or proved by the sworn declaration, verification, certificate, statement, oath, or affidavit, in writing of the person making the same (other than a deposition, or an oath of office, or an oath required to be taken before a specified official other than a notary public), such matter may, with like force and effect, be supported, evidenced, established, or proved by the unsworn declaration, certificate, verification, or statement, in writing of such person which is subscribed by him, as true under penalty of perjury, and dated, in substantially the following form:

1. If executed without the United States: "I declare (or certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury under the laws of the United States of America that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on (date). (Signature)".

2. If executed within the United States, its territories, possessions, or commonwealths: "I declare (or certify, verify, or state) under penalty of perjury that the foregoing is true and correct. Executed on (date). (Signature)".

Which (if I understand it correctly) means that any statement when signed and dated will be considered a legal statement under penalty of perjury, even if that statement has not been notarized.

I am sure Mr. F will shed some light on this law further. I personally do not believe you will have any problem and that NVC or USCIS will not cause any problems but I'd agree with Mr. F and others that I'd be very concerned.

Best of luck to you and your husband!