Reload this Page >

Help on eligiblity to DCS file the I-130 in the UK

Help on eligiblity to DCS file the I-130 in the UK

Old May 12th 2005, 2:49 am
Forum Regular

Pete&Shan is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Help on eligiblity to DCS file the I-130 in the UK

Originally Posted by Ray
Well done ..the mindset of most goverment civil servants it totally different from the norm ... hope its not returned as so many have been ...
here's what they say:

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services at the U.S. Embassy in London accepts I-130 or I-360 petitions from U.S. citizens who reside in our jurisdiction. U.S. citizens whose principal residence is not in our jurisdiction, and/or who have entered the United Kingdom as a temporary visitor/student/or with limited leave to enter and remain in the United Kingdom, must file the petition with the appropriate U.S. Citizenship & Immigration Service Center in the United States.

http://www.usembassy.org.uk/dhs/uscis/i130filing.html
I have the new paper sticker stuck in my passport and have resided here since April 2004, first on a fiancee visa, then we got married and the new sticker visa in August 2004.

At this point i dont care which way, as long as we can literally move over the states together and he can pretty much start working as quickly as possible once he gets there. What is ya'lls experience with moving to the US and being allowed to work?????
Old May 12th 2005, 2:53 am
Forum Regular

gooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant future

Ok having spoke to my wife here is a more definitive guide as to whether it will get accepted.

You have to have a spouse visa for you to even be considered, however they will look at the GS form to actually make the decision not your visa.

if on your GS form it shows you have resided here for a period of time (probably over 6 months) you would probably get away with it. My wife had 3 years of UK addresses and work and this is why she got accepted.

Hope this gives you a better idea of your chances.

If you don't think you meet the criteria you will be best off filling in america directly otherwise you have the delay of the Emabssy sending them to the US.
Old May 12th 2005, 2:55 am
Forum Regular

gooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant futuregooner81 has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Pete&Shan
I have the new paper sticker stuck in my passport and have resided here since April 2004, first on a fiancee visa, then we got married and the new sticker visa in August 2004.

At this point i dont care which way, as long as we can literally move over the states together and he can pretty much start working as quickly as possible once he gets there. What is ya'lls experience with moving to the US and being allowed to work?????
Based on your having been here from 2004 and it shows on your GS form as mentioned below you should not have a problem. If you have worked at all even if part time then you are unlikely to be rejected. If you haven't worked it probably is a bit more risky but i would still say you are ok.

You really are better off doing it here it is much quicker and your husband can work as soon as it's over in approx 3-4 months.
Old May 12th 2005, 2:59 am
Forum Regular

What does GS stand for? I have worked - am an independent consultant but earned £10,000 in 2005 so far.

Shan
Old May 12th 2005, 3:02 am
Forum Regular

What does GS stand for? I have worked - am an independent consultant but earned £10,000 in 2005 so far.

Shan
GS is one of the forms (i think biometric) that you send off with your I-130. it has numbers that follow but i can remember what they are off the top of my head)

earning's doesn't come into it as long as you put it on the forms you worked here you really should have no problems being accepted here.

The people how get rejected are probably those that have only lived here a couple of months max and have not worked whilst here.
Old May 12th 2005, 3:03 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi all.

I was just reading the checklist for the I-130 and it states that in order to file in the UK, I must reside in their jurisdiction. I married my husband last summer and have the two year limited leave to remain. my passport says Residence permit at the top and limited leave to remain and no recourse to public funds. I also have the letter from the home office that says the same thing and specifically says that I can stay until August 2006 and that I can apply for the time limit be removed shortly before my stay expires.

The letter also says that I CAN work and I applied for and got a national insurance number and have paid nat. ins. payments to inland revenue.

Can I file the I-130 in the UK?

Thank you!

Shannon
Hi:

Why wait? An IV is good for 6 months once issued.
Old May 12th 2005, 3:17 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Why wait? An IV is good for 6 months once issued.
Sorry to be dumb but whats an IV? she may not know either.
Old May 12th 2005, 3:19 am
Forum Regular

My thoughts exactly - unless I can get an IV drip of valium until this all over.

Shannon
Old May 12th 2005, 3:22 am
Forum Regular

My thoughts exactly - unless I can get an IV drip of valium until this all over.

Shannon
Depening on the outcome definately go through the london i don't see any reason they would reject you since you work here. Make sure you have a joint sponsor if you are doing it this way as your income won't be taken into account. I had to have my MIL become a joint sponsor.
Old May 12th 2005, 3:23 am
Forum Regular

Shan
Sorry it was G-325a form not GS
Old May 12th 2005, 3:24 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by gooner81
Depening on the outcome definately go through the london i don't see any reason they would reject you since you work here. Make sure you have a joint sponsor if you are doing it this way as your income won't be taken into account. I had to have my MIL become a joint sponsor.
I was considering using my income and claiming I could continue consulting in the states. Also, I have $50,000 in pension and my husband has at least that. I was trying to avoid getting a co-sponsor. I can, my dad will do it and more than qualifies. Would it help my case if I had him lined up???

Shannon
(still waiting on the valium drip)
Old May 12th 2005, 3:24 am
Just a rock in the rain

nai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to beholdnai_in_av is a splendid one to behold

The people how get rejected are probably those that have only lived here a couple of months max and have not worked whilst here.
Not true, my wife has had her UK visa since August 2004 and has worked here too, but we were still not allowed to file in London.

IV is "Immigrant Visa"
Old May 12th 2005, 3:28 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nai_in_av
Not true, my wife has had her UK visa since August 2004 and has worked here too, but we were still not allowed to file in London.

IV is "Immigrant Visa"
How bad would it be if I filed in london and they denied it? Can we still plan on moving and get a k3 visa pretty easily?
Old May 12th 2005, 3:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by nai_in_av

IV is "Immigrant Visa"
Hmm interesting, when did you apply?
Old May 12th 2005, 3:42 am
Forum Regular

Hmm interesting, when did you apply?
have not applied yet. Planning on applying in a week or so. just getting information together.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.