Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

HELP!! approved I-130 question..complicated!!

HELP!! approved I-130 question..complicated!!

Old Sep 13th 2004, 1:36 pm
Just Joined

jessie_g is an unknown quantity at this point
Question HELP!! approved I-130 question..complicated!!

Hi, I'm new here, and am glad I found this site! I would love it if someone could explain this to me, I'll try to be as brief and clear as I can..here goes.

My husband is USC, US navy/AD, we met while I was on a visa waiver. Got married in the UK October 2003, but were unprepared!!

My husband filed the I-130 and I-129F, but the I-130 was approved 7 months later, before the I-129F. So we were then told by the UCSIS to file a I-824 so that they would send the application on to the NVC, then to London as the I-129F would no longer be processed.

(taking a breath!) My question is this..I have been travelling back and forth on a visa waiver, and have never overstayed the 90 days. Each time I stay in the UK, (where I still have residence, and my own business), for at least 4 weeks. The last 2 times upon re entry to the US I have been taken by the customs officials and questioned before they let me in. I have checked and know that there is no law that says I cannot visit my husband while the I-130 is processing. So what I want to know is, what is the normal time for the I-824 to process and do we have any other options, because I know sooner or later the POE officials will deny me entry, and where would that leave us with my visa application?

Hope this came across OK..

Thanks for any help!!