exam from an approved physician for your spouse only. If you plan on
leaving the country while adjusting status you amy also want to apply
for advance parole.

andrea874 wrote:
    > Originally posted by andrea874
    >
    >>I was here on a J-1
    >
    > visa, left, and came back as a visitor, and ended up getting married.
    >
    >
    >>From what I can tell we need to file the following forms for AOS:
    >
    >
    >>I 485
    >>I 130
    >>I 765 for work authorization
    >>I 131 for travel
    >
    > autorization
    >
    >>Is there anything we are missing?
    >>Also, how long
    >
    > does it take for the I765 to get approved? What are the chances of it
    > being denied?
    >
    >>How long of a waiting period am I look at in NYC
    >
    > before my AOS interview?
    >
    >>Any help is appreciated I've very
    >
    > overwhelmed...
    >
    >
    >
    > someone??
    >
    >

Old Mar 1st 2004, 9:00 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help?

Visit this site..its solely for marriage situation/immigration

http://www.visajourney.com/
Old Mar 1st 2004, 10:33 pm
BE Forum Addict

andrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond reputeandrea874 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: help?

Originally posted by sdmansour
Part I: i read it the same way you did, that you dont have to file because you are adjusting as a spouse.

Part II: im not sure about this one. if you came in on the visa waiver program, i believe from what i have read in this forum that it is for a period of 90 days. i have also read on some responses that if you overstay and you marry a USC that there is some exception for this too - and i think another form to fill out but if you say that you came in late december, its late february now so that is only 2 months.

im sure someone else with more experience and knowledge than me will step up to the plate and answer this one for you...good luck!

debbie

What is the visa waiver program? I've never even heard of that. When I entered the country this time, I guess it was just as a visitor. Honestly, the guy at the border didn't even ask. He just asked where I was going, conversationally, as he stamped my passport. No questions, he just said "have fun" or something to that effect. There's hardly ever any questions involved crossing over from Canada - in fact, other than when I first came down on my J1 visa, that's the first time they've even looked at my ID (and I've crossed probably 100 times in my lifetime). Also, I meant to say November, I'm not sure why I typed December, so it was, by about a week, over the 90 days... Does anyone else have any experience or knowledge about this?

Also, if by chance my I 485 is denied, what are my options? I'm thinking way in advance here, but I am always concerned that some little thing will go wrong. Can I appeal, or re-file?