hello

Old Dec 17th 2007, 2:40 am
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: hello

Don't listen to all these people.

If your green card has expired, it's now recommended that you fly to Mexico and enter the country by climbing over the fence at the border.

Assuming you survive the heat, desert, coyotes and small-penised 'Minute Men' stalking the border with the large guns that compensate for their shortcomings, you will be welcomed to America and given a green card and a place of resident.

Don't worry about driver's licence, health insurance or any of that. None of the others do.

If by some small chance you do run into immigration problems, sue somebody. That'll be sure to let you stick around.

Apparently only losers and wimps (like, me, apparently) do the dumb thing and actually go through the legal immigration process.

In order to dscourage illegal immigration, the American government gives illegal immigrants harsh punishments, like free schooling and medical care and the right to apply for citizenship after so many years.

Yeah, that'll teach 'em.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 4:07 am
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Roland Hulme

If your green card has expired, it's now recommended that you fly to Mexico and enter the country by climbing over the fence at the border.

Assuming you survive the heat, desert, coyotes and small-penised 'Minute Men' stalking the border with the large guns that compensate for their shortcomings, you will be welcomed to America and given a green card and a place of resident.

Don't worry about driver's licence, health insurance or any of that. None of the others do.

If by some small chance you do run into immigration problems, sue somebody. That'll be sure to let you stick around.

Apparently only losers and wimps (like, me, apparently) do the dumb thing and actually go through the legal immigration process.

In order to dscourage illegal immigration, the American government gives illegal immigrants harsh punishments, like free schooling and medical care and the right to apply for citizenship after so many years.

Yeah, that'll teach 'em.
I see a crack in at least one lens of your rose-tinted specs, Roland.

Anyway, you're a fine one to talk, in your marriage-of-convenience!

I mean I know you say you love her...

Old Dec 17th 2007, 4:49 am
Bob
BE Site Lead

Bob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond reputeBob has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000

It sucks, but the clue is in the name. You can't be Permanently Resident in the US and reside in some other country. It just doesn't work like that.
well it can in certain circumstances, like a military posting
Old Dec 17th 2007, 4:56 am
Forum Regular

Seahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
WTF do you mean immigration is not a problem?

If you've been out of the US for 10 years, you will have lost your GC...

In any case....... Arkansas............... are you nuts...

California, New York, New Jersey, etc are not the only livable states in this country. You cannot form an opinion on any state you have never lived in or just visited. Typical.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 4:57 am
Militant Ginger

Roland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond reputeRoland Hulme has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by dbj1000
I mean I know you say you love her...

If I can endure her changing radio stations 120 times in a single 18 minute car journey (I know, I counted) then sadly, it MUST be love.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 4:59 am
Militant Ginger

Originally Posted by Seahorse3
California, New York, New Jersey, etc are not the only livable states in this country. You cannot form an opinion on any state you have never lived in or just visited. Typical.
Where have you been, Seahorse? This is BE! We're all qualified to wax lyrical about stuff we don't have a single bloomin' clue about.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 5:01 am
Forum Regular

Seahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond reputeSeahorse3 has a reputation beyond repute

Where have you been, Seahorse? This is BE! We're all qualified to wax lyrical about stuff we don't have a single bloomin' clue about.
You do have a point!
Old Dec 17th 2007, 6:14 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah, that'll teach 'em.
How dare people want to protect the border, their homes and communities?..
Speak to someone from a town which has lost its medical facility because it went out of business because it treated illegals and noone picked up the tab.

You're a fine one to talk about small penises. Posing, legs akimbo, on the hoods of really naff muscle cars. (Inserts ad hominem attack.) But what should I expect? Everyone knows gingers don't have souls. Are you a daywalker, by any chance?
Old Dec 17th 2007, 6:27 am
Militant Ginger

Originally Posted by Octang Frye
How dare people want to protect the border, their homes and communities?..
Speak to someone from a town which has lost its medical facility because it went out of business because it treated illegals and noone picked up the tab.

You're a fine one to talk about small penises. Posing, legs akimbo, on the hoods of really naff muscle cars. (Inserts ad hominem attack.) But what should I expect? Everyone knows gingers don't have souls. Are you a daywalker, by any chance?
Wow, take a chill pill.

Minutemen do a far better job of protecting the border than building a giant fence (which takes all of an extra three minutes to climb over.)

I was making a joke about men who have fetishes for enormous guns and what they're possibly compensating for.

However, I was also complaining about the same thing that you are - that there seems to be a system of reward, rather than punishment, for illegal immigrants and doing things the right way - the legal route that I took.

All these illegal immigrants are having an enormous effect on America and we're ignoring it - healthcare costs have more than doubled in many parts of America because paying 'customers' have to cover the costs for the treatment of uninsured, undocumented aliens.

The roads are becoming a nightmare as undocumented, unlicenced, uninsured drivers zoom about in clapped out, uninspected cars.

Crime shoots up - in Mas. a sheriff disovered that 25% off all criminals her arrested were actually illegal immigrants.

All in all, it's a bad situation.

But you know what? I'm not so fond of the Minuteman movement since they're vigilantes with guns and when they protest, there's a strange pattern of neo-nazis and white supremecists showing up at the same time.

Also, I didn't like that youtube video they made staging the fake shooting of an immigrant crossing the border.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 6:54 am
Peace onion

Octang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond reputeOctang Frye has a reputation beyond repute

I just object to the "compensating" tag. It's so overused.

I have a small tallywhacker, and I also have guns. There is absolutely no correlation between the two. I'm not compensating for anything.

I also drive a Jetta. Hardly compensating there either.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 6:59 am
Militant Ginger

I just object to the "compensating" tag. It's so overused.

I have a small tallywhacker, and I also have guns. There is absolutely no correlation between the two. I'm not compensating for anything.

I also drive a Jetta. Hardly compensating there either.
I'm an environmentalist. All my jokes are 100% recycled!
Old Dec 17th 2007, 7:39 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

anotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond reputeanotherlimey has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heart of lothian
I've not checked, but when I lived in the US, I got updated the card so It would last for good. Btw my wife is American.
Still not sure about Arkansas but want somewhere warm, cheap, historic and safe!
Well at least you have a way "in" if your greencard has expired/been abandoned.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 7:55 am
BE Forum Addict

Scouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond reputeScouse Express has a reputation beyond repute
Talking Re: hello

I also drive a Jetta. .
Thank you for supporting the Mexican way of life

Jim.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 5:17 pm
Just Joined

heart of lothian is an unknown quantity at this point

Thanks for all the replies. Guess i'll have to re-apply. I have no set timescale for coming over anyway! We have not filed our taxes but I have renewed my Drivers license!
Anyone care to comment on the cost of living/prices of food etc. This would have more bearing on my decision than the GC.
Old Dec 17th 2007, 5:23 pm
Arrogant ****

dbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond reputedbj1000 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by heart of lothian
Thanks for all the replies. Guess i'll have to re-apply. I have no set timescale for coming over anyway! We have not filed our taxes but I have renewed my Drivers license!
Anyone care to comment on the cost of living/prices of food etc. This would have more bearing on my decision than the GC.
Not having filed your taxes may have more bearing on your decision than any of the above.

You are aware that your wife, as a USC, is legally obliged to file US taxes every year, aren't you? And that for as long as you claim to be a Permanent Resident, so do you? In fact, had you filed your taxes throughout the time you were out of the country, you would have a (very) slim chance of claiming that you were still a Permanent Resident.

As it is, you may be looking at some hefty IRS fines and years of being audited... which sucks, so I hear!

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.