Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Haven't seen this ques. before, what do you think?

Haven't seen this ques. before, what do you think?

Old Aug 23rd 2004, 6:29 pm
Forum Regular

Zenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the rough
Default Haven't seen this ques. before, what do you think?

I would like to schedule my fingerprinting for the same day as my 90 days is up from waiting for the EAD.

If I do that, can I get my temp EAD still that day? If not, how long would I have to wait?

Background: (entering on K3, applying, leaving to wait out EAD, hopefully can schedule BIO for when I move down permanently around 90 day wait mark)

thanks
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 6:58 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Haven't seen this ques. before, what do you think?

Originally Posted by Zenas
I would like to schedule my fingerprinting for the same day as my 90 days is up from waiting for the EAD.

If I do that, can I get my temp EAD still that day? If not, how long would I have to wait?

Background: (entering on K3, applying, leaving to wait out EAD, hopefully can schedule BIO for when I move down permanently around 90 day wait mark)

thanks

You can try to schedule both printings for the same day. However, there is no guarantee that the operator will do that. If not, all is not lost. When you go there for one, just ask them to do the second as well. They seem to be good about it nationwide and don't appear to be overwhelmed with "clients".

BTW you will not get the EAD the same day. The only people who do are those that go to the district office for the interim EAD after waiting 90 days and not receiving the one year one in the mail.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 7:10 pm
Forum Regular

Zenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the roughZenas is a jewel in the rough

"The only people who do are those that go to the district office for the interim EAD after waiting 90 days "

I am going to be one of those people.

Let me better explain my question, I'm doing the K3, crossing, getting stamp, mailing in EAD application, getting NOA1 for EAD, waiting in CANADA.

I don't want to head back(make final move) to USA until on or around the 90 day mark when I can pick up my temp EAD (because MSC is slow in processing EAD's).

Basically, I'd prefer not to have to fly down just for fingerprinting, and fly back to wait out the rest of the 90 days in Canada and then fly back again around the 90th day.

So, i'm trying to figure out, what is the latest I can book my fingerprinting for that is closest to my 90 day EAD temp walk in time???? So that I can make just that one final movedown trip and do my fingerprinting and get my temp EAD at/near the same time.

thanks

Last edited by Zenas; Aug 23rd 2004 at 7:13 pm.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 7:17 pm
Forum Regular

theangells is an unknown quantity at this point

"The only people who do are those that go to the district office for the interim EAD after waiting 90 days "

Let me better explain my question, I'm doing the K3, crossing, getting stamp, mailing in EAD application, getting NOA1 for EAD, waiting in CANADA.

I don't want to head back(make final move) to USA until on or around the 90 day mark when I can pick up my temp EAD (because MSC is slow in processing EAD's).

Basically, I'd prefer not to have to fly down just for fingerprinting, and fly back to wait out the rest of the 90 days.

So, i'm trying to figure out, what is the latest I can book my fingerprinting for that is closest to my 90 day EAD temp walk in time????

thanks
Not sure about that but I read on my NOA1 for EAD that they will process it after your fingerprints are taken. Depends on which ASC or District Office you are dealing with, you can get fingerprints appointment as soon as you get your NOA1.

It took me around 1 week from mailing in my application to get my NOA1 and I can get my fingerprint the next day. So maybe you can try to stay in US until you get fingerprints done, then back to Canada, wait 90 days and go back to get Temp EAD.
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 7:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Basically, I'd prefer not to have to fly down just for fingerprinting, and fly back to wait out the rest of the 90 days in Canada and then fly back again around the 90th day.

So, i'm trying to figure out, what is the latest I can book my fingerprinting for that is closest to my 90 day EAD temp walk in time???? So that I can make just that one final movedown trip and do my fingerprinting and get my temp EAD at/near the same time.

thanks
Hi Zenas,

I personally don't think you'll have a problem doing that. It's worth a try. When you call for your fingerprinting appointment, just tell them you're not available until that date, and see if they can schedule you then. I don't think the fingerprinting is relevant to the interim EAD, only the 1-year one. In my case in Phoenix, they didn't even have an opening for fingerprinting until 7 weeks after the NOA date, and the rep easily worked with me to determine which date would work best for us.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 23rd 2004, 9:10 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Rete
You can try to schedule both printings for the same day. However, there is no guarantee that the operator will do that. If not, all is not lost. When you go there for one, just ask them to do the second as well. They seem to be good about it nationwide and don't appear to be overwhelmed with "clients".
I went for EAD Biometrics, mentioned the AoS and they were happy to do both, no prob whatsoever.