Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Have K3, in US, heard that I-130 is approved, now what?

Have K3, in US, heard that I-130 is approved, now what?

Old Jan 5th 2004, 1:52 pm
Just Joined

jjrimell is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Have K3, in US, heard that I-130 is approved, now what?

We are confused as to whether we should be filing for an AOS or not.

This FAQ says that most people file for AOS immediately but some choose to get the greencard at the consulate outside the US.
http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm#14.1

I've also read on this forum someone who said that if your I-130 was already approved, then the consulate route was faster and cheaper than starting the AOS process (it just needs a trip back to London for the interview)

The I-29F approval NOA states that we should file for AOS, but the I-130 approval NOA says that the NVC will contact us; which they have, they asked us to send them a cheque for $65 for an affidavit of support and we have sent them the contact address details form.

My main question is should we file an AOS now?

I am also interested in what is the timeline for the consulate route for getting the greencard after an I-130 is approved. This might affect our decision as to whether to file the AOS.
Old Jan 5th 2004, 3:40 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Have K3, in US, heard that I-130 is approved, now what?

Originally posted by jjrimell
We are confused as to whether we should be filing for an AOS or not.

This FAQ says that most people file for AOS immediately but some choose to get the greencard at the consulate outside the US.
http://www.visajourney.com/faq/k1faq.htm#14.1

I've also read on this forum someone who said that if your I-130 was already approved, then the consulate route was faster and cheaper than starting the AOS process (it just needs a trip back to London for the interview)

The I-29F approval NOA states that we should file for AOS, but the I-130 approval NOA says that the NVC will contact us; which they have, they asked us to send them a cheque for $65 for an affidavit of support and we have sent them the contact address details form.

My main question is should we file an AOS now?

I am also interested in what is the timeline for the consulate route for getting the greencard after an I-130 is approved. This might affect our decision as to whether to file the AOS.
Hi:

The choice is yours.