British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Have I ever been 10-Printed? DS160 question... (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/have-i-ever-been-10-printed-ds160-question-764537/)

lj2 Jul 10th 2012 3:52 pm

Have I ever been 10-Printed? DS160 question...

I genuinely don't know the answer to the question on the DS160 that says "have I ever been 10 printed"... have I?

I genuinely don't remember much about which fingers have been taken when they have previously taken my fingerprint scans at POE and also at the interview for my previous L1 on those machines next to the booths...

Can anyone help?

fatbrit Jul 10th 2012 3:58 pm

Re: Have I ever been 10-Printed? DS160 question...

Originally Posted by lj2 (Post 10164685)
I genuinely don't know the answer to the question on the DS160 that says "have I ever been 10 printed"... have I?

I genuinely don't remember much about which fingers have been taken when they have previously taken my fingerprint scans at POE and also at the interview for my previous L1 on those machines next to the booths...

Can anyone help?

Probably not. They want to know if you're in the FBI database.

Reasons for being there:
- Criminal
- Any immigrant who's had full biometrics done
- Many US professionals who require a license
- Some children in US school district where misguided board sacrificed the freedom of their charges for false security

Orangepants Jul 10th 2012 4:15 pm

If you work in the financial industry and have taken any of the exams administered by FINRA you would have submitted fingerprints.

lj2 Jul 10th 2012 4:20 pm

Thanks guys - much appreciated. Bit of a whirlwind this side - received offer letter whilst on honeymoon 3rd July with start date August 13th! Visa interviews for me and L2 x 4 next Thursday - with paperwork from lawyer and GT expected to arrive by, hopefully, Tues/Weds and the missus getting her new passport on Weds! Crazy..

Orangepants Jul 10th 2012 4:53 pm

Originally Posted by lj2 (Post 10164763)
Thanks guys - much appreciated. Bit of a whirlwind this side - received offer letter whilst on honeymoon 3rd July with start date August 13th! Visa interviews for me and L2 x 4 next Thursday - with paperwork from lawyer and GT expected to arrive by, hopefully, Tues/Weds and the missus getting her new passport on Weds! Crazy..

Wow - lots of good things happening. Congrats!

materialcontroller Jul 10th 2012 5:45 pm

Originally Posted by fatbrit (Post 10164695)
Probably not. They want to know if you're in the FBI database.

Reasons for being there:
- Criminal
- Any immigrant who's had full biometrics done
- Many US professionals who require a license
- Some children in US school district where misguided board sacrificed the freedom of their charges for false security

I wonder why they need to ask the applicant this question. Why can't they just ask the FBI?

fatbrit Jul 10th 2012 5:58 pm

Originally Posted by materialcontroller (Post 10164954)
I wonder why they need to ask the applicant this question. Why can't they just ask the FBI?

Federal agencies cooperating with each other? Bet you believe in world peace and cuddly puppies, too!

zerlesen Jul 10th 2012 6:30 pm

Originally Posted by materialcontroller (Post 10164954)

Given the length of time an FBI namecheck can apparently take, thank God they don't.

helpmeplease123 Jul 10th 2012 9:38 pm

Ten printing means that all of your fingerprints were taken rather than just your index fingers.

They do this at visa interviews now - i'm not sure since when though.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_1336.html

materialcontroller Jul 11th 2012 7:23 am

Originally Posted by helpmeplease123 (Post 10165290)
Ten printing means that all of your fingerprints were taken rather than just your index fingers.

They do this at visa interviews now - i'm not sure since when though.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_1336.html

The OP may have missed this, but when filling out the online DS-160 form there are little info buttons next to each question. I can't remember whether you have to click or just mouseover those, but when you do so it brings up a brief explanation. This is how I found out what "ten printing" means.