Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Have I ever been 10-Printed? DS160 question...

Have I ever been 10-Printed? DS160 question...

Old Jul 10th 2012, 3:52 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light
Default Have I ever been 10-Printed? DS160 question...

I genuinely don't know the answer to the question on the DS160 that says "have I ever been 10 printed"... have I?

I genuinely don't remember much about which fingers have been taken when they have previously taken my fingerprint scans at POE and also at the interview for my previous L1 on those machines next to the booths...

Can anyone help?
Old Jul 10th 2012, 3:58 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Have I ever been 10-Printed? DS160 question...

Originally Posted by lj2
I genuinely don't know the answer to the question on the DS160 that says "have I ever been 10 printed"... have I?

I genuinely don't remember much about which fingers have been taken when they have previously taken my fingerprint scans at POE and also at the interview for my previous L1 on those machines next to the booths...

Can anyone help?
Probably not. They want to know if you're in the FBI database.

Reasons for being there:
- Criminal
- Any immigrant who's had full biometrics done
- Many US professionals who require a license
- Some children in US school district where misguided board sacrificed the freedom of their charges for false security

Last edited by fatbrit; Jul 10th 2012 at 4:01 pm.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 4:15 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

If you work in the financial industry and have taken any of the exams administered by FINRA you would have submitted fingerprints.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 4:20 pm
lj2
BE Enthusiast

lj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of lightlj2 is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks guys - much appreciated. Bit of a whirlwind this side - received offer letter whilst on honeymoon 3rd July with start date August 13th! Visa interviews for me and L2 x 4 next Thursday - with paperwork from lawyer and GT expected to arrive by, hopefully, Tues/Weds and the missus getting her new passport on Weds! Crazy..
Old Jul 10th 2012, 4:53 pm
BE Forum Addict

Orangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond reputeOrangepants has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by lj2
Thanks guys - much appreciated. Bit of a whirlwind this side - received offer letter whilst on honeymoon 3rd July with start date August 13th! Visa interviews for me and L2 x 4 next Thursday - with paperwork from lawyer and GT expected to arrive by, hopefully, Tues/Weds and the missus getting her new passport on Weds! Crazy..
Wow - lots of good things happening. Congrats!
Old Jul 10th 2012, 5:45 pm
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by fatbrit
Probably not. They want to know if you're in the FBI database.

Reasons for being there:
- Criminal
- Any immigrant who's had full biometrics done
- Many US professionals who require a license
- Some children in US school district where misguided board sacrificed the freedom of their charges for false security
I wonder why they need to ask the applicant this question. Why can't they just ask the FBI?
Old Jul 10th 2012, 5:58 pm
Septicity

fatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond reputefatbrit has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
I wonder why they need to ask the applicant this question. Why can't they just ask the FBI?
Federal agencies cooperating with each other? Bet you believe in world peace and cuddly puppies, too!
Old Jul 10th 2012, 6:30 pm
BE Enthusiast

zerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond reputezerlesen has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by materialcontroller
Given the length of time an FBI namecheck can apparently take, thank God they don't.
Old Jul 10th 2012, 9:38 pm
Forum Regular

helpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to allhelpmeplease123 is a name known to all

Ten printing means that all of your fingerprints were taken rather than just your index fingers.

They do this at visa interviews now - i'm not sure since when though.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_1336.html
Old Jul 11th 2012, 7:23 am
Account Closed

materialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond reputematerialcontroller has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by helpmeplease123
Ten printing means that all of your fingerprints were taken rather than just your index fingers.

They do this at visa interviews now - i'm not sure since when though.

http://travel.state.gov/visa/immigra...info_1336.html
The OP may have missed this, but when filling out the online DS-160 form there are little info buttons next to each question. I can't remember whether you have to click or just mouseover those, but when you do so it brings up a brief explanation. This is how I found out what "ten printing" means.