Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

has anyone used co-sponsor on affidavit of support I-134 K1

has anyone used co-sponsor on affidavit of support I-134 K1

Old Nov 26th 2003, 12:49 am
Forum Regular

wesleygolf is an unknown quantity at this point
Default has anyone used co-sponsor on affidavit of support I-134 K1

does anyone know for SURE what forms are required from a co-sponsor for the I-134? We have co-sponsor just want to get the right information from them. Would like to hear from someone who has done this before. The co-sponsors are husband and wife.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 1:14 am
Forum Regular

krissyv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: has anyone used co-sponsor on affidavit of support I-134 K1

Hey,

I'm in the process of getting these filled out now for a co-sponsor...as far as I know, anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but you use exactly the same forms, the I-134, and they have to provide the same info & docs as the sponsor & get them notarized.
Thats what I was told to do.....
Krissy
Old Nov 26th 2003, 1:32 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by krissyv
Hey,

I'm in the process of getting these filled out now for a co-sponsor...as far as I know, anyone correct me if I'm wrong, but you use exactly the same forms, the I-134, and they have to provide the same info & docs as the sponsor & get them notarized.
Thats what I was told to do.....
Krissy
So basically, the actual affidavit of support, ( 2 COPIES), Birth certificate, 3 years tax returns, W2's and letter from employer.

Fom what i understand, if we are not using assets to meet the income requirements then the other lines on the I 1-34 we are suppose to put NA ( not applicable) My co sponsors have enough income from employement so we wont be using any assets such as savings accounts, stocks, bonds, or property. Is That the way you understand it?
Old Nov 26th 2003, 1:43 am
Forum Regular

Yep, but just to clarify, excuse me if I read your post incorrectly, they each fill their own I-134....
The rest of the stuff is pretty much what we're asking the co-sponsor for...good luck!

Krissy
Old Nov 26th 2003, 2:05 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by krissyv
Yep, but just to clarify, excuse me if I read your post incorrectly, they each fill their own I-134....
The rest of the stuff is pretty much what we're asking the co-sponsor for...good luck!

Krissy

are you sure the husband and wife each have to fill out a I-134? Where did you see that, if its true? I was told only 1 had to fill out the I134 but to include W2's from both. since its a household sponsoring.
Old Nov 26th 2003, 2:19 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by wesleygolf
are you sure the husband and wife each have to fill out a I-134? Where did you see that, if its true? I was told only 1 had to fill out the I134 but to include W2's from both. since its a household sponsoring.
Sorry - you had me horribly confused - what I was referring to was that the sponsor, the fiance fills one out, then the co-sponsor/s fills out another.....
Its near the end of day at work and I think I was having a stupid moment...
Old Nov 26th 2003, 12:53 pm
Forum Regular

Originally posted by elviswasmydad
Does the Co-sponsor have to include a birth certificate????

Yes, and that is 100% guaranteed. I called INS (BCIS) and they said it is needed for sure. Send it in or they will delay your process. Good luck !!
Old Nov 26th 2003, 1:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Yes, and that is 100% guaranteed. I called INS (BCIS) and they said it is needed for sure. Send it in or they will delay your process. Good luck !!
And if not a USC, a copy of their greencard.

Rete
Old Nov 26th 2003, 1:12 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete
And if not a USC, a copy of their greencard.

Rete
Hi,
I just filled out the I134 for Mr. Pink and left it with him during a recent visit. I just looked again at the instructions for the form, and NOWHERE does it say that you must include a copy of the birth certificate, at least not that I could see.

It DOES ask several questions regarding how your US citizenship was obtained, and asks for the certificate number, but I can not, for the life of me, find anywhere on the instructions or list of supporting evidence where it asks for the actual certificate or even a greencard.

Help? we're not yet approved by NSC, but of course wanting to be prepared. I've just gotten into work and not had my bucket of coffee yet, so maybe I'm just missing it.

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink (Day 181, Prisoners of NSC)
5/29/03 1st NOA I129F for K1
Old Nov 26th 2003, 1:14 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Past experiences would lead me to take what they say with a grain of salt.........you could make that call again in ten minutes and get a completely different answer. That's why they call it the 1-800 MIS information line.

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink (Day 181, NSC)
5/29/03 1st NOA I129f for K1
Old Nov 26th 2003, 1:31 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Some people use a BC as proof of US citizenship. Others have been told by the US Consulates and the local District USCIS offices that actual paper proof is required of citizenship and/or residency.

Please do a search for posts on this issue. You might not be the one to need it since you are from the UK but someone from China or Turkey might. As with all things "immigration" no two places deal with the same issue in the same way.

Rete

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Hi,
I just filled out the I134 for Mr. Pink and left it with him during a recent visit. I just looked again at the instructions for the form, and NOWHERE does it say that you must include a copy of the birth certificate, at least not that I could see.

It DOES ask several questions regarding how your US citizenship was obtained, and asks for the certificate number, but I can not, for the life of me, find anywhere on the instructions or list of supporting evidence where it asks for the actual certificate or even a greencard.

Help? we're not yet approved by NSC, but of course wanting to be prepared. I've just gotten into work and not had my bucket of coffee yet, so maybe I'm just missing it.

~SecretGarden
~and Mr. Pink (Day 181, Prisoners of NSC)
5/29/03 1st NOA I129F for K1
Old Nov 26th 2003, 1:34 pm
The Missus

Originally posted by Rete
Some people use a BC as proof of US citizenship. Others have been told by the US Consulates and the local District USCIS offices that actual paper proof is required of citizenship and/or residency.

Please do a search for posts on this issue. You might not be the one to need it since you are from the UK but someone from China or Turkey might. As with all things "immigration" no two places deal with the same issue in the same way.

Rete

Whew, ok! Thanks for clarifying, Rete. I'm the USC, he's UK, and I actually did leave him a couple of certified copies of my birth certificate when I was over there in early November, so either way, I guess we're covered. I'll have to have him add those to his "Interview Binder"----the thing is already about four inches thick and straining the clasp!

~SecretGarden (off to drink the bucket of coffee now......)
Old Nov 26th 2003, 1:47 pm
Concierge

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Whew, ok! Thanks for clarifying, Rete. I'm the USC, he's UK, and I actually did leave him a couple of certified copies of my birth certificate when I was over there in early November, so either way, I guess we're covered. I'll have to have him add those to his "Interview Binder"----the thing is already about four inches thick and straining the clasp!

~SecretGarden (off to drink the bucket of coffee now......)

Just to substantiate, here is one such post:

http://www.google.com/groups?q=Suppo...rr.com&rnum=10

I knew you guys were organized ;-)

Rete