Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

happiness.........what is that??

happiness.........what is that??

Old Jun 16th 2002, 12:07 pm
Nluv4ever77

Default Re: happiness.........what is that??

thanks alvena youre a sweet person........i think i will try to do
that..........must be something good on tv to watch.....God Bless

Old Jun 16th 2002, 12:20 pm
Nluv4ever77

Default happiness.........what is that??

I have found myself reading up on DUI and immigration laws. Even though he got the
DWI in Holland, it still classifies as a felony in my state. I foresee heartache in
my new future. My husband keeps telling me how stupid he was to do whathe did, but it
doesnt reverse what we must now face. I dont get it why my life is full heartaches.
Crying doesnt help, it only makes me realise what I cant change. I dont even know if
you can apply for a waiver for this. I dont know what else to do but I know how sick
I am now. I feel like just giving up I cant go on living on heartaches one after the
next. It doesnt matter if he didnt damage property, or if he wasnt arrested....He
still paid a fine to the courts and the DUI still shows up and that can get you
deported. I have been reading for 3 hours and nothing looks good here. Well I dont
know what else to do but to keep praying that he can be with me one day in the USA. I
am so depressed right now I dont even know if we have a future or not and we have
been married almost 2 years and together for 3 and half. (((((((((((((((((((

Alvena Ferreira

NLUV4EVER77 wrote:
    > I have found myself reading up on DUI and immigration laws. Even though he got the
    > DWI in Holland, it still classifies as a felony in my state. I foresee heartache in
    > my new future. My husband keeps telling me how stupid he was to do whathe did, but
    > it doesnt reverse what we must now face. I dont get it why my life is full
    > heartaches. Crying doesnt help, it only makes me realise what I cant change. I dont
    > even know if you can apply for a waiver for this. I dont know what else to do but I
    > know how sick I am now. I feel like just giving up I cant go on living on
    > heartaches one after the next. It doesnt matter if he didnt damage property, or if
    > he wasnt arrested....He still paid a fine to the courts and the DUI still shows up
    > and that can get you deported. I have been reading for 3 hours and nothing looks
    > good here. Well I dont know what else to do but to keep praying that he can be with
    > me one day in the USA. I am so depressed right now I dont even know if we have a
    > future or not and we have been married almost 2 years and together for 3 and half.
    > (((((((((((((((((((

==> Get a grip, woman!

1. The absolute WORST that could happen would be that they would require him to file
for a waiver, but
2. I don't think that he will be denied his visa for this infraction.

I know this has been long and trying for you, however try to get some perspective. He
will not be denied this visa based on one DWI, public drunkeness, or whatever the
heck it was that they got him for.

Alvena

Doc Steen Site: http://www.mindspring.com/~docsteen/...o/visainfo.htm
=========================================
I am not a lawyer and this is not immigration advice. This is my personal opinion,
gleaned from the previous postings of others, and posted for the purpose of
discussion only. If your case is complicated, then you may need an immigration
attorney. Locate an immigration attorney in your area at: http://www.aila.org
=========================================

Michael Voight

> NLUV4EVER77 wrote:
    > > I have found myself reading up on DUI and immigration laws. Even though he got
    > > the DWI in Holland, it still classifies as a felony in my state. I foresee
    > > heartache in my new future.

I doubt that riding a bike while intoxicated is a felony in your state, is it?

Nluv4ever77

I am sorry...but it hasnt been easy and yesterday one of my family members lost their
house due to a fire. They lost everything they had my nephew and his wife( she is due
any day) lost everything they had for the baby, everything clothes, furniture. The
strange thing is my kids wanted to go over there and play yesterday and we had other
things to do, or else I really would have lost it if they had been there. NO one was
hurt but now they have no home. I have going through clothes trying to see whatthey
can use. I know I get emotional but it hasnt been an easy year. I know I need a grip
on things but when your upset its hard to see clearly. SOrry for getting you angry.

Alvena Ferreira

NLUV4EVER77 wrote:
    > I am sorry...but it hasnt been easy and yesterday one of my family members lost
    > their house due to a fire. They lost everything they had my nephew and his wife(
    > she is due any day) lost everything they had for the baby, everything clothes,
    > furniture. The strange thing is my kids wanted to go over there and play yesterday
    > and we had other things to do, or else I really would have lost it if they had been
    > there. NO one was hurt but now they have no home. I have going through clothes
    > trying to see whatthey can use. I know I get emotional but it hasnt been an easy
    > year. I know I need a grip on things but when your upset its hard to see clearly.
    > SOrry for getting you angry.

I am not angry. I daresay no one here is angry. However, you are not thinking
clearly, due to your obvious distress. I am sorry to hear of the fire in your family,
I know that must be a terribly trying experience.

Just relax...if you can. Your husband will get his visa, and you will be
happy. alvena

Old Jun 16th 2002, 1:48 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It is easy to be caught up in the negativity of your life. And it is even easier to visualize the worst things in life happening to us. For some people never can see the 1/2 full glass but only see it as 1/2 gone.

I can relate the story of Leonette of this NG from two years ago. Her Canadian fiancee had three ... count them ... three DWI's in Ottawa. His license had been revoked twice. He had a pending DWI in the State of Pennsylvania where she lived. He was denied entry into the US on a visit because the agent felt that the CD's he was carrying were pirated copies of software.

He was given the K-1 without having to get a waiver. The denial of entry at the POE was not even brought up. The only issue was the pending DWI in PA. And that only held up his AOS approval until the court dropped the case because he had attended the mandated classes.

So after reading that story, I will tell you to stop obessessing about your husband's DUI on a bike charge.

Sorry about the house fire your relative had but a house is replaceable as are material possessions. Life is not and they all escaped with their lives. The generosity of friends, family and institutions will see them through the hard times and with house insurance they will survive.

Perhaps you need to take a page from Dr. Graham and start being more positive about good things happening in your life and leave the worrying for when there is something to worry about.

Rete
Old Jun 16th 2002, 8:28 pm

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Rete
It is easy to be caught up in the negativity of your life. And it is even easier to visualize the worst things in life happening to us. For some people never can see the 1/2 full glass but only see it as 1/2 gone.
<snip>
Perhaps you need to take a page from Dr. Graham and start being more positive about good things happening in your life and leave the worrying for when there is something to worry about.

Rete
Good advice (as usual) from Rete. You might even benefit from a book called "How to Stop Worrying and Start Living" which has practical ideas for dealing with difficult situations and has been useful to many people. Good luck!