Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Great News-Manila Interview Date

Wikiposts

Great News-Manila Interview Date

Old Dec 5th 2003, 12:55 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Great News-Manila Interview Date

Originally posted by Dad of 3
Mrs. Dad of 3(better known as Mom of 3) and I got notice of her interview date at the US Embassy in Manila today. It is on January 30, 2004!!! This is wonderful news for us and I wanted to share it especially since I cant call her because it is still early in the AM their time.

YYAAAHHHHHHOOOOOOO!!
Yay wake her up!! she wont care!! LOL
CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!! YAY!!!!!!!
Old Dec 5th 2003, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

Dad of 3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hee hee hee!! Temptation got the best of you. I've read enough of your posts to know the kind of person you are and I can honestly say. YOU DESERVE THIS!!!!

WHOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO HOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Leslie:

Thanks so much for that nice complement. I will also be thinking of you on Monday and my prayers are with you that everything works GREAT!

Try to have a restful weekend
Old Dec 5th 2003, 1:22 pm
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Dad of 3
Leslie:

Thanks so much for that nice complement. I will also be thinking of you on Monday and my prayers are with you that everything works GREAT!

Try to have a restful weekend

Great news and congradulations. Nanette and I went through Manila a few months ago. If we can be of any help, please don't hesitate to ask

Scott
Old Dec 5th 2003, 1:34 pm
Forum Regular

gyo531 is an unknown quantity at this point

Congratulations to you!!! :PARTY: :PARTY:

I look at your timeline & I turn green w/ envy ....My case has been w/ NVC for about 6 weeks now and we still don't know if they have mailed it to the embassy . Oh well....it's not like I've been waiting for centuries now !!!

I wish for your wife's smooth ride to her interview!!!!

:PARTY: :PARTY:

Last edited by gyo531; Dec 5th 2003 at 1:44 pm.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 1:39 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Alicia&Driss
WOW GREAT NEWS!!! CONGRATS Dad of 3 So happy for you that you have your date!!!!!

PS----Leslie......your in my thoughts and prayers....... on Monday I will be thinking of yall so much!!! I also called my hubby at 4am his time to tell him that we were approved for the papers to be sent to Morocco......but I dont know how or where to check to see if they have gotten there yet...lol But im sure time will tell if they have gotten them (at least I sure hope so)

1. Hyper you are an absolute hoot.
2. Thanks Dad! I believe in the power of prayer!
3. Alicia, there are ways to check w/ the NVC to see if the papers have been forwarded yet. I don't want to hi-jack this thread so you should start a new thread (if you want to )

Leslie
Old Dec 5th 2003, 1:53 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

HUH!?

Brilliant!
Old Dec 5th 2003, 2:01 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CharlieS
HUH!?
Eh?
Old Dec 5th 2003, 2:03 pm
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Cool! <said with best *i have an IQ below 20* accent>

Eh?
Old Dec 5th 2003, 2:04 pm
WTF?

Ooooga ooga ooga. Charlie bad. Leslie good. Ooga.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 2:11 pm
Charlie Tuna

Don't believe the hype

Ooooga ooga ooga. Charlie bad. Leslie good. Ooga.
Old Dec 5th 2003, 2:15 pm
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Charlie, just had to cut in here......you have to say it this way:

"KEWL"

~SG
Old Dec 5th 2003, 4:21 pm
Forum Regular

Dad of 3 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by ScottHenshaw
Great news and congradulations. Nanette and I went through Manila a few months ago. If we can be of any help, please don't hesitate to ask

Scott
Scott:

Mrs. Dad of 3 (Mom of 3 ) and I are really praying that she does not get placed on Admin Review. We seem to fit into a few catagories that are "high risk" for AR such as she is 37, one child and never previously married before our wedding in August, as well as, I have multiple divorces so we will wait and see. We are prepared for it but hope it does not happen since we are already married.

After reading about many folks that are put on AR in Manila for a marriage check (as you were), I really wonder why it is not done as part of the processing done by Embassy staff when the applicaion arrives in Manila and is prepared for the interview.

My wife and daughter are planning to go well prepared for any issue that may arrise but you know how that goes.....so we just have to sit back, wait and see...then pray the consular is having a good day!

Last edited by Dad of 3; Dec 5th 2003 at 5:17 pm.
Old Dec 7th 2003, 4:40 am
Scott and Nanette

ScottHenshaw is an unknown quantity at this point

My advice would be to not get too stressed out over it and let it ruin your holidays Since you are already married and applying for what I assume is a K3 Visa, the admin review for the marriage index check and or Cenomar should not pertain to you. I believe that since you are legally married, all that you need to do is verify that. I do not think that it matters how many times you are married. However, I am not all that familair with the K3 side of it as I mainly focused on the K1 side...

One would think that the staff at the embassy would have the forthought to request the CENOMAR, (Certificate of No Marriage) from the NSO when the recieve the I-129 or I-129f from the NVC as they surley must realize that it would save us all time, (Even the taxpayers) if they had all their ducks in a row before the interview. They told me that they simply take it on a case by case basis, but when 80% if not more of the cases require it.... well then again we are dealing with the BCIS and DOS

From my dealings with the embassy and the people that I got to know there, they are pretty much just looking for fraud. Examples would of course be: Woman is really just trying to flee from an abusive marriage and escape to America to start a new life, (Happens a lot because divorse is not as common in the PI). A couple other things is that American husband has issues like spousal abuse, crimes of moral turpitude or is trying to petition a wife to take care of their sick child, (Some idiot in this forum is trying this and the embassy is aware). So long as there is nothing to flakey in the relationship, one should not have to much to stress over, ( I was the "King" of stress and it did me no good). Admin Review for NSO marriage index check does suck, but only last for 30 days or so and you can remian in contact with NSO. I would be willing to bet that so long as all your docs are in good order and the consular is, "Having a good day" then you will be ok If you need names or email addresses at the NSO or embassy let me know and I will email them to you...

Scott
Old Dec 7th 2003, 6:37 am
Charlie Tuna

Dammit!!
I can't even pretend to be hip and trendy

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Charlie, just had to cut in here......you have to say it this way:
"KEWL"
~SG
Old Dec 7th 2003, 8:42 am
Michael D. Young

ScottHenshaw wrote:

> My advice would be to not get too stressed out over it and let it ruin
    > your holidays Since you are already married and applying for what I
    > assume is a K3 Visa, the admin review for the marriage index check and
    > or Cenomar should not pertain to you.

This is Manila we are talking about. Nothing stopping her from having being
married to someone else and not having ended the marriage. You are just as
likely to get the Admin review as a K-3 as you are as a K-1 if you fit the
profile.

> One would think that the staff at the embassy would have the forthought to
    > request the CENOMAR, (Certificate of No Marriage). Again this is Manila
    > and I don't think they do anything before the consular office requests it
    > and even then they are as slow as hell. The Manila embassy make USCIS
    > look like Fed Ex. LOL

> From my dealings with the embassy and the people that I got to know there,
    > they are pretty much just looking for fraud. Examples would of course be:
    > Woman is really just trying to flee from an abusive marriage and escape to
    > America to start a new life, (Happens a lot because divorse is not as
    > common in the PI).

There is no divorce the Philippines and annulments are way out of the price
range of most people.

> A couple other things is that American husband has issues like spousal
    > abuse, crimes of moral turpitude or is trying to petition a wife to take
    > care of their sick child, (Some idiot in this forum is trying this and the
    > embassy is aware). So long as there is nothing to flakey in the
    > relationship, one should not have to much to stress over, ( I was the
    > "King" of stress and
    > it did me no good). Admin Review for NSO marriage index check does suck,
    > but only last for 30 days or so and you can remian in contact with NSO. I
    > would be willing to bet that so long as all your docs are in good order
    > and the consular is, "Having a good day" then you will be ok

I agree if she doesn't have any skeletons in the closet and the relationship
is on the up and up, she will get the visa. The embassy can delay things,
but not deny a visa without proof. My then fiancé submitted her paperwork
in December of 2001 and received the visa in April of 2002 because of the
Admin. review and that was when there were no interviews for any type of K
visa there Chill out your time will come..

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.