Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Got Packet 3 today.. I need some help!

Got Packet 3 today.. I need some help!

Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:20 pm
SUPER CRUNCHY BALCONY COW

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Got Packet 3 today.. I need some help!

Hi everyone!!

I have received packet 3 today yay.. But I have run into a problem. The medical examination is within the checklist and this is a big problem to me. I live 5 hours away from Madrid.. so I was hoping I could have my medical the same day.. so I don't have to go 2 times. So what If I send the checklist tomorrow and wait until they schedule an interview?, I am thinking to call the 2 places I can choose from to have my medical and explain them my problem, Hopefully they won't be too busy.. and I could schedule my medical a day before of my interview. What a mess!!, I am sorry guys, I need some guidance here!!

Thanks in advance!!
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:24 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got Packet 3 today.. I need some help!

Why don't you call the two doctors they have given you. Tell them that you live far away and ask how much notice they usually require and how busy they are. I'm sure they're used to dealing with this sort of thing.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:30 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Angela and I are wrestling with this one also. Haven't got a clear answer for Colombia yet. We hope to have medical on thursday and apply for visa on Monday. In Colombia the interviews are walkins.

Originally posted by Hypertweeky
Hi everyone!!

I have received packet 3 today yay.. But I have run into a problem. The medical examination is within the checklist and this is a big problem to me. I live 5 hours away from Madrid.. so I was hoping I could have my medical the same day.. so I don't have to go 2 times. So what If I send the checklist tomorrow and wait until they schedule an interview?, I am thinking to call the 2 places I can choose from to have my medical and explain them my problem, Hopefully they won't be too busy.. and I could schedule my medical a day before of my interview. What a mess!!, I am sorry guys, I need some guidance here!!

Thanks in advance!!
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:34 pm

Hypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond reputeHypertweeky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by sibsie
Why don't you call the two doctors they have given you. Tell them that you live far away and ask how much notice they usually require and how busy they are. I'm sure they're used to dealing with this sort of thing.
I though I would do that, Thanks so much girlie!!
By the way it says I have to fill but not sign the DS 156, so one less thing for my lawyer to mail
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:35 pm

Originally posted by lpdiver
Angela and I are wrestling with this one also. Haven't got a clear answer for Colombia yet. We hope to have medical on thursday and apply for visa on Monday. In Colombia the interviews are walkins.
Walk ins? I wish Madrid was like that.
So when do you plan to walk in?
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:36 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Hyper,

I don't know anything about Spain. But, in Morocco they insisted he do his medical ahead of time. Their reasoning was that they needed time for the doctor to get the medical report and test results completed and forwarded to the embassy. The applicant doesn't get to carry the results to the embassy. In fact Khalid never touched any of his medical stuff. He paid, saw the doctor and left there with nothing. It was a hardship for him too. It is a 4 hour bus trip but we had no choice.

Leslie

Hi everyone!!

Thanks in advance!!
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:38 pm

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi Hyper,

I don't know anything about Spain. But, in Morocco they insisted he do his medical ahead of time. Their reasoning was that they needed time for the doctor to get the medical report and test results completed and forwarded to the embassy. The applicant doesn't get to carry the results to the embassy. In fact Khalid never touched any of his medical stuff. He paid, saw the doctor and left there with nothing. It was a hardship for him too. It is a 4 hour bus trip but we had no choice.

Leslie
Bugger
Thanks though
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:39 pm
C.G.D.S

sibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond reputesibsie has a reputation beyond repute

By the way it says I have to fill but not sign the DS 156, so one less thing for my lawyer to mail
There ya go. It'll all fall into place. I'm just hoping the doc speaks English or I'll be stuck.

I would think you could get the medical done the afternoon before. You could always tell the consulate a date for the medical then appeal to them to give you the appointment the next day.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:42 pm
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

"The plan is for her to have her medical on the fifth of February (Thursday). Me fly in Saturday Review and assemble out data Sunday and be at the consulate Monday morning. The visa should be ready the next day barring problems. We are leaving Friday open just in case there are delays in getting the medical papers. The consulate does not do interviews on Friday. I am thinking of telling her that I am flying on Saturday and surprizing her Friday.

Walk ins? I wish Madrid was like that.
So when do you plan to walk in?
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:42 pm
C.G.D.S

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi Hyper,

I don't know anything about Spain. But, in Morocco they insisted he do his medical ahead of time.
Hyper's notes say at least a day before. I'll have the same thing. I live around 6 hours away.

Hyper you know Iberia do internal flights to Madrid for just €60 return. It may work out cheaper for you to do it that way, instead of a hotel for you and the family for the night. Fly in a couple of days or a week before. Get the medical done fly out. Then go back with your family for the interview. If you're worried about going alone I could meet you at Madrid Airport and go to the medical with you as you'll have the whole clan at the interview.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

I think my hunny is going to have to do that, since he lives in Mallorca. Hopefully he can schedule the medical examination for the day before his interview. He would have to fly out the day before his medical, and fly back the day of his interview, so we're looking at him staying approxmately 3 or 4 days in Madrid. BUT!!!! First we need an approval!!!!!! AAAAARRRRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHHHHHH. I can't take it anymore!!!! Please, pretty please MSC/NBC approve us!!!

Originally posted by sibsie
Hyper's notes say at least a day before. I'll have the same thing. I live around 6 hours away.

Hyper you know Iberia do internal flights to Madrid for just €60 return. It may work out cheaper for you to do it that way, instead of a <A TITLE="Click for more information about hotel" STYLE="text-decoration: none; border-bottom: medium solid green;" HREF="http://search.targetwords.com/u.search?x=5977|1||||hotels|AA1VDw">hotel</A> for you and the family for the night. Fly in a couple of days or a week before. Get the medical done fly out. Then go back with your family for the interview. If you're worried about going alone I could meet you at Madrid Airport and go to the medical with you as you'll have the whole clan at the interview.
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:52 pm
Forum Regular

doblepat is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi everyone!!

Thanks in advance!!
Hi Maria:

I'm very happy for you.... The time to be with Mark is very close....

I hope you have a great experience in your medical exam. I did it already and it was very good and fast. My Advace for you is take all your vaccinations done, they are very important.

Best Wishes and Good Luck...!!!

Patricia
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Hi everyone!!

Thanks in advance!!
Heyyyy.... I'm glad you got the packet 3 already.....
At the medical... PLEASE don't fart.... Other than that, good luck Hyper
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:55 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by lpdiver
I am thinking of telling her that I am flying on Saturday and surprizing her Friday.
I would kill my husband if he did that. What if she doesn't have her legs shaved?
Old Jan 9th 2004, 8:56 pm
C.G.D.S

Originally posted by doblepat My Advace for you is take all your vaccinations done, they are very important.
Thanks for the reminder. I need to see my doc here. None of my medical notes made it over from London so I need to chat with him about my vaccinations.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.