Got interview ATLANTA

Old Mar 28th 2005, 2:39 pm
Boxer's are the Best

iniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really nice
Smile Got interview ATLANTA

Hello everyone,

I couldn't believe it but we got our AOS interview notice this weekend. The interview is for April 27. Our timeline: Filed AOS packet July 2003.......Received interview notice April 2005.

(Steffi, be on the lookout, you should be next. USCIS website indicates they are looking at cases filed in Feb. 2003 but apparently they are really in July 2003 and I believe you are somewhere in Sept. 2003.)

anyway, couple of glitches. Our 2 year wedding anniversary is on May 3. Since our interview is 6 days before our 2 year wedding anniversay, he will probably get Conditional PR. I have read here that when it's that close, people re-schedule, but I am so done with the way USCIS deals with things. We aren't going to re-schedule. We really don't care to have to file removal conditions in 2years and pay another fine.

2nd glitch (and I hoping people can help out with this one). He did NOT get his Biometrics appointment yet.
I have always read that you get biometrics appointment before you get the interview. For those who don't get it and go to the interview, the approval is postponed until they get biometrics information back. Of course, I want to avoid this at all cost. I read that someone had the same thing happen in NY and we walked in to the fingerprinting center, with his interview letter, and asked to get biometrics done.
Do I need to make an infopass appointment in order to go to the fingeprinting center here in Buford Hwy?
Or should my husband just walk in there, without an appointment, show his interview notice, and pray they take his biometrics that day?

thanks everyone for your input!!!!
Old Mar 28th 2005, 2:48 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Got interview ATLANTA

Originally Posted by iniaki
Hello everyone,

I couldn't believe it but we got our AOS interview notice this weekend. The interview is for April 27. Our timeline: Filed AOS packet July 2003.......Received interview notice April 2005.

(Or should my husband just walk in there, without an appointment, show his interview notice, and pray they take his biometrics that day?

Sound good to me ..if they dont get your fingerprints etc until after the interview ...they can't approve you at the interview ..may be a few more months ... leading us past your 2 years ....
Old Mar 28th 2005, 3:09 pm
Boxer's are the Best

iniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really niceiniaki is just really nice

Originally Posted by Ray
Sound good to me ..if they dont get your fingerprints etc until after the interview ...they can't approve you at the interview ..may be a few more months ... leading us past your 2 years ....
That's true. I hadn't thought about it that way. But, we would rather go to the interview and get approved that same day, even if he gets conditional.
Old Mar 28th 2005, 3:48 pm
Forum Regular

Garfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really niceGarfield2005 is just really nice

You will probably do your biometrics on the same day of interview. It will only work in your favor.
Old Mar 31st 2005, 12:25 am
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by iniaki
Hello everyone,

(Steffi, be on the lookout, you should be next. USCIS website indicates they are looking at cases filed in Feb. 2003 but apparently they are really in July 2003 and I believe you are somewhere in Sept. 2003.)

anyway, couple of glitches. Our 2 year wedding anniversary is on May 3. Since our interview is 6 days before our 2 year wedding anniversay, he will probably get Conditional PR. I have read here that when it's that close, people re-schedule, but I am so done with the way USCIS deals with things. We aren't going to re-schedule. We really don't care to have to file removal conditions in 2years and pay another fine.

2nd glitch (and I hoping people can help out with this one). He did NOT get his Biometrics appointment yet.
I have always read that you get biometrics appointment before you get the interview. For those who don't get it and go to the interview, the approval is postponed until they get biometrics information back. Of course, I want to avoid this at all cost. I read that someone had the same thing happen in NY and we walked in to the fingerprinting center, with his interview letter, and asked to get biometrics done.
Do I need to make an infopass appointment in order to go to the fingeprinting center here in Buford Hwy?
Or should my husband just walk in there, without an appointment, show his interview notice, and pray they take his biometrics that day?

Oops, I didn't see this post yet, so disregard my question in your other post about when you got your interview letter, hehe.
Congratulations!! Even if it's a few days short of your 2-year anniversary. And who knows, maybe you could kindly ask the officer to not approve you until the 2nd wedding anniversary or something (*cough* and save them more paperwork in the future *cough*). Best of luck!! And keep us updated.