British Expats

British Expats (https://britishexpats.com/forum/)
-   Marriage Based Visas (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/)
-   -   Got email about AOS interview cancelled??? (https://britishexpats.com/forum/marriage-based-visas-35/got-email-about-aos-interview-cancelled-253808/)

maximus76 Sep 27th 2004 4:55 am

Re: Got email about AOS interview cancelled???

Originally Posted by NKA418
Hey Max,

I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. I'm in WI as well. My husband and I only recently applied for his AOS. Unfortunately these unexpected roadblocks are all part of the USCIS maze that we all have to go through at one point or another.

Just for clarification...did you really apply for AOS last October and only in August received an interview date? I'm asking because my husband and I would like to plan a trip for February back to visit his family and we are afraid of leaving and getting our interview date before we return. We received his I-797C (I think that's right) this weekend and he scheduled a biometrics exam.

I'd love to hear anyone else's experiences through this.

Na'imah

Yes,
we did apply for AOS last October, 2003.
I dont know why but it is taking this long in the state such as WI, where you wouldnt think that busy with immigration...
anyway, i dont know if it is good idea to travel before AOS interview and stamp.
You could apply for advance parole and travel with that, but I dont know if it is guaranteed that they let your husband back in, i read some stories here on this forum.
Are you guys in Milwaukee?

NKA418 Sep 27th 2004 5:33 am

Originally Posted by maximus76
Yes,
we did apply for AOS last October, 2003.
I dont know why but it is taking this long in the state such as WI, where you wouldnt think that busy with immigration...
anyway, i dont know if it is good idea to travel before AOS interview and stamp.
You could apply for advance parole and travel with that, but I dont know if it is guaranteed that they let your husband back in, i read some stories here on this forum.
Are you guys in Milwaukee?

Yes we're here in Milwaukee. He came on a K-3 Visa which I understood to be multiple entry. I get so confused with all of this information. We're only going to be gone 3 weeks (if we do go). I guess we'll see how things progress after his biometrics exam.

Has anyone else travelled with a pending AOS???

Na'imah

Rete Sep 27th 2004 5:40 am

thanks Rete,
are you always this cheerful?
i guess some people have fun seeing problems of others'
thanks again

Yes, I am, or try to be.

I am not rejoicing because you are having problems. I don't see 1. that you have a major problem and 2. how myself, or anyone else, can help you more than what has already been posted and suggested to you or that you, yourself could do, if you had the thought and inclination to help yourself other than to request advice from others.

To ask a dumb question like who is farhan means that you feel only your problem is important to you and you have not taken the time to read anyone else's posts to see if someone out there is in the slow moving boat as you.

You ask for information from us little people like we have an insider track to CIS and then get nasty when we tell you we don't.

You are not any of the celebraties on your avatar and as such will not be accorded any special favors from CIS. You had an interviewed scheduled and it has been postponed until a later date. It is now a month later and you have yet to hear from CIS about a new date. You will in good time here from them. You are not using a Wisconsin district office but the office in Illinois according to your location so what does Wisconsin immigration have to do with your processing.

Sorry for the rant but that is how I feel ... confused by your attitude.

Rete

Folinskyinla Sep 27th 2004 6:00 am

here what it says:

*** DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS E-MAIL ***

The following is the latest information on your case status

Receipt Number: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Application Type: I485 , Application to Register Permanent Residence or
to Adjust Status

Current Status:

The interview scheduled in this case has been canceled. You will be
notified if the interview is rescheduled.

If you have questions or concerns about your application or the case
status results listed above, or if you have not received a decision or
advice from USCIS within the projected processing time frame*, please
contact the National Customer Service Center.

National Customer Service Center (800) 375-5283.

*The projected processing time frame can be found on the receipt notice
that you received from the USCIS.
*** Please do not respond to this e-mail message.

Sincerely,

The U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

M: what does it mean IF THE INTERVIEW RE-SCHEDULED?

Hi:

You may have a decision withOUT an interview. It has been known to happen. In fact, it is quite common on the employment end of the immigration shop.

maximus76 Sep 27th 2004 8:40 am

Originally Posted by Rete
Yes, I am, or try to be.

I am not rejoicing because you are having problems. I don't see 1. that you have a major problem and 2. how myself, or anyone else, can help you more than what has already been posted and suggested to you or that you, yourself could do, if you had the thought and inclination to help yourself other than to request advice from others.

To ask a dumb question like who is farhan means that you feel only your problem is important to you and you have not taken the time to read anyone else's posts to see if someone out there is in the slow moving boat as you.

You ask for information from us little people like we have an insider track to CIS and then get nasty when we tell you we don't.

You are not any of the celebraties on your avatar and as such will not be accorded any special favors from CIS. You had an interviewed scheduled and it has been postponed until a later date. It is now a month later and you have yet to hear from CIS about a new date. You will in good time here from them. You are not using a Wisconsin district office but the office in Illinois according to your location so what does Wisconsin immigration have to do with your processing.

Sorry for the rant but that is how I feel ... confused by your attitude.

Rete

No, I am not any of the celebrities on my avatar, and I am not expecting special favors from CIS,
I am just someone who is confused/lost and needs some advise,
and I didnt ask exactly what do i need to do (I know CIS is unpredictable), all I asked was IF someone went through the same situation and have the same experience.
And I dont know why you are confused by my attitude? How would you feel if when you need help or advise, but people who obviously dont have problems trying to be funny (eg:shake hands with...., crystal ball(???)), if u dont really know, then please, you dont have to say anything.
and if you are having bad day, sorry about that.
take care and i wish you not to have any problems.

maximus76 Sep 27th 2004 8:42 am

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

You may have a decision withOUT an interview. It has been known to happen. In fact, it is quite common on the employment end of the immigration shop.

Thank you for your reply, Folinskyinla.
I really hope so.
But excuse me, what "employment end of the immigration shop" means?
thanks again

sphyrapicus Sep 27th 2004 9:10 am

Thank you for your reply, Folinskyinla.
I really hope so.
But excuse me, what "employment end of the immigration shop" means?
thanks again

To paraphrase; he is saying that with employment-based petitions, it is quite common for USCIS to waive the interview.