Reload this Page >

Got AOS appointment Charlotte NC

Got AOS appointment Charlotte NC

Old Dec 18th 2003, 1:31 am
Bluejjjj31241266

Default Got AOS appointment Charlotte NC

We have finally received our AOS appointment for the Charlotte office. It is on
January 5th 2004 at 7.30 am, the kids apps are 8 and 8.30 a.m....I hope that is
just a paperwork thing and they don't have to go into be interviewed alone.
So that is pretty good I reckon as we filed at the beginning of Feb 2003. It
seems pretty short notice and they don't ask for much to be brought other than
more photo's, birth certificates, tax returns and proof of marriage, i.e.
photos bank details and so forth.
One question to anyone in the know out there...once that interview is over, do
we get a stamp or card stating we are CPR's and can I leave the country for
holidays and such , without having to apply for AP?
Regards to all and hope the process is speeding up for you all.
Jacqueline H

Old Dec 31st 2003, 4:41 pm
Forum Regular

FlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to all
Default Re: Got AOS appointment Charlotte NC

Finally! Someone from Charlotte responding. And what a cooincidence, while you are in your appointment, we will be in the hospital having a baby.

I guess this means they are still keeping it under a year. You should do your best to make sure they put the I-551 stamp in your passport at the interview. Some people have reported that a fingerprint check had not come in or some other reason that you had to wait and then come back in a month or two.

Good luck and I can't wait to hear your report on the 6th of how it went.

-fr
Old Dec 31st 2003, 4:55 pm
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by Bluejjjj31241266
Jacqueline H
If you are approved, you will get an I-551 stamp in your passport. This is good to show that you have permanent resident status and you can travel as you wish (i.e. no AP required). The stamp is normally validated for a year so it gives USCIS plenty of time to mail you your green card.

As I posted recently, make sure you have everything you could possibly be asked for so that you can get approved at the interview. As I have mentioned previously, I was not asked to bring in my medical envelope from the civil surgeon on my checklist of things to bring (even though I needed it at the interview). He wanted to see proof that we lived together. We gave him several documents with our common address (lease, credit card bills, cards addressed to each of us at the same address). We had already photocopied all of our evidence and he was grateful that we saved him the time. He also asked to see a few originals of things we had sent in (e.g. marriage certificate). We were the first AOS couple of the day to be approved. Every couple before us was missing something. The officer seemed genuinely happy that he could actually approve someone (and this was well into the afternoon).
Old Dec 31st 2003, 5:28 pm
Forum Regular

FlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to allFlightRisk is a name known to all

In Charlotte, we send in our medical information at the time of submission.

-fr
Old Jan 1st 2004, 1:54 am
Justme

[email protected] (Bluejjjj31241266) wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...

Hi Jacqueline,

I just had my interview on the 21 of November in Charlotte. As long as
the officer determines that they have all the information they need
your passport will be stamped with the I-551 stamp, along with your
alien registration number. You can travel with the stamp in theory.
They had told me that my permanent resident card would arrive in six
weeks to six months. I received it in two weeks.

As for your children go along with them. They might end up doing all
of you together.

Sincerely,
Nicole

Old Jan 4th 2004, 3:30 am
Just Joined

JacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really nice

Originally posted by sphyrapicus
If you are approved, you will get an I-551 stamp in your passport. This is good to show that you have permanent resident status and you can travel as you wish (i.e. no AP required). The stamp is normally validated for a year so it gives USCIS plenty of time to mail you your green card.

As I posted recently, make sure you have everything you could possibly be asked for so that you can get approved at the interview. As I have mentioned previously, I was not asked to bring in my medical envelope from the civil surgeon on my checklist of things to bring (even though I needed it at the interview). He wanted to see proof that we lived together. We gave him several documents with our common address (lease, credit card bills, cards addressed to each of us at the same address). We had already photocopied all of our evidence and he was grateful that we saved him the time. He also asked to see a few originals of things we had sent in (e.g. marriage certificate). We were the first AOS couple of the day to be approved. Every couple before us was missing something. The officer seemed genuinely happy that he could actually approve someone (and this was well into the afternoon).
Old Jan 4th 2004, 3:45 am
BE Forum Addict

sphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to beholdsphyrapicus is a splendid one to behold

Originally posted by JacquelineH
Jacqueline - your message didn't come through on here but I did respond to your email. Check your private messages.
Old Jan 4th 2004, 3:48 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Hopefully the results of their security checks are done.. some people are still waiting after a year. Fortunately this appears to be not the Norm..

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...hreadid=199927
Old Jan 4th 2004, 8:24 pm
Forum Regular

janousek is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Jacqueline,

Congratulations for the interview date Hope everything works out for you. Do you remember we filed AOS at charlotte in Jan. 2003 as well, but due to family circumstances we had to move to TX.
I'm happy that your AOS wait will end soon. We'll have to wait another 6-8 months for interview date, if they don't screw up and transfer the file on time.

We'll pray for you - come home a winner and don't forget to post your experience.

Cheers!!!
-Janousek
Old Jan 4th 2004, 8:27 pm
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Bluejjjj31241266
Jacqueline H
congrats, I hope all will be ok with the interview
Old Jan 4th 2004, 10:18 pm
Just Joined

JacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really niceJacquelineH is just really nice

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
congrats, I hope all will be ok with the interview
Many thanks indeed for all the help everyone.
I shall post as soon as I get back. It should be amusing though , as at 7.30 in the morning I am usually fit for nothing , nor is my better half. As for the kids, maybe the wonderful aura of teenage morose angst will make them want to get it over with quickly. Thankgod for coffee.
Take care all,
JacquelineH
Old Jan 4th 2004, 10:21 pm
BE Enthusiast

anggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really nice
Default congrats

Congrats, Jacqueline! That is surely a good news for all of us dealing with Charlotte.

I have one question for you. So you applied in Feb 2003. When did you get the fingerprinting appointment?

Again, congrats!

anggraeni
Old Jan 4th 2004, 10:29 pm
Just Joined

Default Re: congrats

Originally posted by anggraeni
Congrats, Jacqueline! That is surely a good news for all of us dealing with Charlotte.

I have one question for you. So you applied in Feb 2003. When did you get the fingerprinting appointment?

Again, congrats!

anggraeni
Hello there, If I recall correctly it was May 2nd that we had our fingerprints done.
Our EAD was June 10th.
Take care , hope you all hear something soon.
regards,
Jacqueline
Old Jan 20th 2004, 1:31 am
Just Joined

graciapj is an unknown quantity at this point
Default to anggraeni

to anggraeni....

hi there! where in NC are you? My husband and i are planning to file my EAD first at Charlotte. can you file EAD bfore the AOS?
I'm on a k-1 and just been here for two months now. I hope u can help me. thanks

Grace
Old Jan 20th 2004, 3:39 am
BE Enthusiast

anggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really niceanggraeni is just really nice
Default Re: to anggraeni

hi graciapj.

I am in high point. i filed my EAD and my AOS at the same time. welcome to the BCIS Charlotte Club! hahaha. just to let you know, just be prepared for 'anything goes' in NC. if you do little research you'll see some people has their file done fast some of them are slow. i have been waiting for the AOS fingerprints appointment but so far nothing come to my mail box. i called the BCIS and my lawyer, they came up with same answer: you have to wait some more. so i guess i am in the slow lane...

have a niceday! keep in touch!

anggraeni

Originally posted by graciapj
to anggraeni....

hi there! where in NC are you? My husband and i are planning to file my EAD first at Charlotte. can you file EAD bfore the AOS?
I'm on a k-1 and just been here for two months now. I hope u can help me. thanks

Grace

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.