Wikiposts

Good luck Leslie!!

Old Dec 7th 2003, 10:10 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Good luck Leslie!!

Thanks Heba and everybody.

Now you went and made me cry. <insert Charlie's crying smilie>

I will be calling my husband in approximately an hour. It will be the last chance we have to talk until after the interview. It will be midnight in Marakesh when I call. All of his family and friends are staying up late to see him off. They'll feast (yummy) with a midnight supper, pray, and then say good-bye. He won't let anybody go with him, so he'll catch the 3:00am coach to Casablanca by himself. It is 4 hours by bus from Marakesh to Casablanca so he'll arrive around 7:00am and take a taxi to the embassy. If they see him at his scheduled time (8:30am) it will be 2:30am here in Texas.

I am going to really try to sleep. I don't know if you guys will think this is crazy but, sometimes when I sleep I feel as if my spirit really flies to Morocco and we are together in my dreams. He has expressed similar experiences to me. I feel like I have a better chance of being with him if I'm asleep than awake. With everybody here on the forum being so familiar with long distance relationships, has anybody else experienced anything like that? Awake or asleep?

Thank you all so much. I cannot express what your kindness means to me.

Leslie
Old Dec 7th 2003, 10:15 am
Charlie Tuna

CharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of lightCharlieS is a glorious beacon of light

Leslie,

This was such a cute post, you have a heart after all...<even when you steal my insert smiley line>

I can empathise with the spirit thing, though mine goes to California, nowhere near as exotic as Morocco. Saying that, ever since we have been seperated I still sleep on the same side of the bed and so does Sandy. Its odd how the little things mean so much when you apart from the ones we love.

I hope hubby blows through his interview though have to say, I dont envy the trip he has to take to get to Casablanca, sounds like a task all in itself. And to have to follow it up with a consulate interview...yuck!!

Im sure (and hoping & praying) it will go well, and there will soon be the sound of tiny little Leslie's taking over the USA

Now get some sleep dammit
Old Dec 7th 2003, 10:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
I am going to really try to sleep. I don't know if you guys will think this is crazy but, sometimes when I sleep I feel as if my spirit really flies to Morocco and we are together in my dreams. He has expressed similar experiences to me. I feel like I have a better chance of being with him if I'm asleep than awake. With everybody here on the forum being so familiar with long distance relationships, has anybody else experienced anything like that? Awake or asleep?
Leslie, you know me and what I will say, right? :-) I vote for sleeping, I think the subconscious mind is stronger and less distracted than your waking self. That is, if you CAN sleep!! :-)
HUGS,
Rene
Old Dec 7th 2003, 10:18 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CharlieS
Leslie,

This was such a cute post, you have a heart after all...<even when you steal my insert smiley line>
My heart is as big as my mouth.
Old Dec 7th 2003, 10:19 am
Former Blonde

FlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of lightFlyergirlUK is a glorious beacon of light

Thanks Heba and everybody.

Now you went and made me cry. <insert Charlie's crying smilie>

Thank you all so much. I cannot express what your kindness means to me.

Leslie
We all know the pain of seperation and the joy of being together, that's why forums like this are so great, we can all sympathise with the emotions.

Sleep well Leslie, I'm sure your dreams 'together' will soon enough be a reality.

Best wishes

Tam
Old Dec 7th 2003, 10:27 am
WTF?

Originally posted by Noorah101
Leslie, you know me and what I will say, right? :-) I vote for sleeping, I think the subconscious mind is stronger and less distracted than your waking self. That is, if you CAN sleep!! :-)
HUGS,
Rene
Yeah Rene. No surprises there.

I also want to let everybody know that I don't have my hopes set too high. Of course we want the Visa, but I am prepared for anything right now. The most important thing to me is the nature of the experience for Khalid and myself. Whether the answer is yes, no, or maybe, we KNOW that we prepared and supplied everything they asked for to the absolute best of our ability. We also know that we have not lied or misrepresented anything at any step in this process. So I am nervous, but I am not afraid and that is a nice feeling.

Leslie
Old Dec 7th 2003, 10:28 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Leslie,

I agree with Charlie, Noorah and Tam....

Go to bed, sleep and dream of being there in Casa, with Khalid. Be there, on the coach, be there, at the interview....
In the morning, you will feel much more relaxed.
Things are going to go smoothly, mark my words......
Old Dec 7th 2003, 10:30 am
BE Enthusiast

Richard III will become famous soon enoughRichard III will become famous soon enough

Leslie -

OOOOOOOOOOHH....MYYYYYY...GOOOOOODD..it's that big!!!??? How will we EVER get it on the album cover?

Richard III

My heart is as big as my mouth.
Old Dec 7th 2003, 10:30 am
WTF?

Originally posted by dutchman2001nl
Things are going to go smoothly, mark my words......
Thanks Dutch.

Words duly marked.
Old Dec 7th 2003, 10:36 am
BE Forum Addict

dutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond reputedutchman2001nl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by CharlieS
Im sure (and hoping & praying) it will go well, and there will soon be the sound of tiny little Leslie's taking over the USA

Nahhh....

Little Kahlid's make a better soccer team
Old Dec 7th 2003, 10:44 am
WTF?

OMG!!! I almost forgot.

Heba, Patty, Carol & Josh, RichardIII, Alecca, Secretgarden and Mr Pink, Rene, Rebecca, Katie, Dutch and Kysilver, Angel and Dekka, Clare and Steven, Mo, Tam and Charlie. You're all getting Christmas baskets from me.

And thanks to everybody else who has befriended me, counseled me, argued with me, tolerated me, laughed with me, and even insulted me.

Oh and BTW, RichardIII...... *SLAP*
Old Dec 7th 2003, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

saidsgirl is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Leslie...

I think you may TRY to sleep, but it will be fitful. I remember my night of waiting for that call. Let it be said that I had large bags under my eyes the next day and was not at all my normal bubbly self!

I don't think that you will be denied, but it is possible that, like melinda (llorona) and me, you will have to wait another few weeks for that administrative processing. And I only say that because your interview was close to the receipt of package 3. Unlike Linda's husband who had a 6 month wait for his interview!! He got his visa that same day.

It will be interesting to see if Khalid gets his visa tomorrow. If so, then that is proof positive that they do things differently for fiances and spouses.

I'll be thinking of you and watching the board in the morning for your post. Take care and I hope that you can sleep so that you may be with him in spirit......

Hugs,
~kristine
Old Dec 7th 2003, 10:47 am
Forum Regular

llorona is on a distinguished road

Best Wishes for tomorrow!!!

If your husband's interview is similar to my fiance's, he probably won't be seen until 11 am. All the interviews were scheduled for the SAME time and everyone just took a number.

take care and try to get some sleep,
llorona

PS our guys will probably bump into each other tomorrow

If they see him at his scheduled time (8:30am) it will be 2:30am here in Texas.
Old Dec 7th 2003, 10:49 am
WTF?

Thanks Kristine. I'm thinking along the exact same lines that you are. That's why I'm prepared for anything. As soon as I know something, you guys will know, after I call my family of course.

Leslie

Originally posted by saidsgirl
Hi Leslie...

I think you may TRY to sleep, but it will be fitful. I remember my night of waiting for that call. Let it be said that I had large bags under my eyes the next day and was not at all my normal bubbly self!

I don't think that you will be denied, but it is possible that, like melinda (llorona) and me, you will have to wait another few weeks for that administrative processing. And I only say that because your interview was close to the receipt of package 3. Unlike Linda's husband who had a 6 month wait for his interview!! He got his visa that same day.

It will be interesting to see if Khalid gets his visa tomorrow. If so, then that is proof positive that they do things differently for fiances and spouses.

I'll be thinking of you and watching the board in the morning for your post. Take care and I hope that you can sleep so that you may be with him in spirit......

Hugs,
~kristine
Old Dec 7th 2003, 10:52 am
WTF?

Thanks llorona!! That was a missing piece of the puzzle. We didn't know if they would honor the appointment time or not.

I just realized your pick-up the visa date is the same as our interview date. I hope they do brush elbows, even if they don't know that they are.

Originally posted by llorona
Best Wishes for tomorrow!!!

If your husband's interview is similar to my fiance's, he probably won't be seen until 11 am. All the interviews were scheduled for the SAME time and everyone just took a number.

take care and try to get some sleep,
llorona

PS our guys will probably bump into each other tomorrow

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.