Wikiposts

Going to Tijuana....

Old May 5th 2004, 3:53 pm
Forum Regular

Lost2003 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Going to Tijuana....

Hi,
Does anybody know if you need to have some kind of visa if you are from south America and want to go to TJ? I am waiting for my K-3 visa and want to meet my husband in Rosarito, but I am not sure if they will let me thru at the airport in TJ.
Thanks.
Old May 5th 2004, 10:52 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Going to Tijuana....

Originally posted by Lost2003
Hi,
Does anybody know if you need to have some kind of visa if you are from south America and want to go to TJ? I am waiting for my K-3 visa and want to meet my husband in Rosarito, but I am not sure if they will let me thru at the airport in TJ.
Thanks.
South America is not North America so you won't have a problem. However i'm not sure if you need to apply for a visa to go there, check with the country's embassy.
Old May 6th 2004, 2:59 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

mcj,

Originally posted by mcjimbo
South America is not North America...
True

Originally posted by mcjimbo ...so you won't have a problem.
How does geography play a role in having problems?
However i'm not sure if you need to apply for a visa to go there...
Then you're also not sure that she won't have a problem.

Regards, JEff

Last edited by jeffreyhy; May 6th 2004 at 7:31 am.
Old May 6th 2004, 3:28 am
BE Forum Addict

DCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really niceDCMark is just really nice

South America is not North America so you won't have a problem. However i'm not sure if you need to apply for a visa to go there, check with the country's embassy.
Huh? To the original poster, do not assume you won't have problems.

Also, Europe is not Asia.
Old May 6th 2004, 3:46 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Hi,
Thanks.
It doesn't matter what continent you are from or visiting. What matters is what country you're from and what country you want to visit, and whether that country requires tourist visas for people from your country.

Contact the Mexican Embassy to find out about whether Chilean citizens require tourist visas to visit.

The Mexican Embassy is at Felix De Amesti No. 128 in Las Condes. You can also call them at 206-6133 or email them at [email protected] -- I got this contact info off the Mexican government website (http://www.sre.gob.mx/).

I also did a search and found this info might be helpful to you:
http://www.learn4good.com/travel/mexico_visa.htm

~ Jenney
Old May 6th 2004, 5:59 am
Mrtravelkay

Lost2003 wrote:

> Hi,
    > Does anybody know if you need to have some kind of visa if you are
    > from south America and want to go to TJ? I am waiting for my K-3 visa
    > and want to meet my husband in Rosarito, but I am not sure if they will
    > let me thru at the airport in TJ.
    > Thanks.
    >

You may or may not need a visa. You should check with the consulate or
Embassy of that country in your country. For visa issues, your country
of citizenship, country of birth, and country of legal residence could
all be factors in determining whether you need a visa to a particular
country. For instance, if my wife was not a US PR, then she would need a
visa to visit Canada.

Old May 6th 2004, 7:15 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

jeffreyhy and DCMark,

My post was meant to highlight that how can going to Tijuana in Mexico effect someones k-3 visa in America?? I was merely stating that the rules of visiting your spouse while married do not apply because South American immigration officers won't care whether you have an application in for a K-3 when visiting there country, American officers might!!!

So there you go smart arses, don't be so quick to judge!! Get off your high horses!
Old May 6th 2004, 7:21 am
BE Forum Addict

lpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond reputelpdiver has a reputation beyond repute

Colombians need a visa to visit Mexico.

Hi,
Thanks.
Old May 6th 2004, 8:55 am
Forum Regular

Thanks everyone for your help. My question was geared towards questioning at TJ airport. I did talk to the consulate and they said that I do not need a visa. My travel agent said that, although I do not need a visa, they may questione me at the airport and give me a hard time cause they could assume that I may want to cross the border, which for obvious reasons I have no intention of doing.

Thank you Jenney, your answer was extremlly helpful.
Old May 6th 2004, 9:44 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Lost,

Not obvious at all. Many people come from South and Central America into Mexico for the express purpose of crossing the border into the USA to join relatives here. Your travel agent is possibly quite correct.

Regards, JEff

.... My travel agent said that, although I do not need a visa, they may questione me at the airport and give me a hard time cause they could assume that I may want to cross the border, which for obvious reasons I have no intention of doing.

Old May 6th 2004, 11:32 am
Mrtravelkay

Lost2003 wrote:

> Thanks everyone for your help. My question was geared towards
    > questioning at TJ airport. I did talk to the consulate and they said
    > that I do not need a visa.

This is a bit different than what you originally posted, which seemed to
ask if you needed a visa.

Does anybody know if you need to have some kind of visa if you are
from south America and want to go to TJ?

Old May 7th 2004, 6:19 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

jeffreyhy and DCMark,

My post was meant to highlight that how can going to Tijuana in Mexico effect someones k-3 visa in America?? I was merely stating that the rules of visiting your spouse while married do not apply because South American immigration officers won't care whether you have an application in for a K-3 when visiting there country, American officers might!!!

So there you go smart arses, don't be so quick to judge!! Get off your high horses!
I was also very confused by your comment, "South America is not North America so you won't have a problem."

Mexico is part of North America, not South America. If the OP, who's from South America and is a Chilean citizen, requires a visa to enter Mexico as a tourist, and does not obtain this visa before making travel arrangements, then she might very well have a problem.

I understand now that you were referring to whether traveling to Mexico would affect her K3 application. But since the OP specifically asked if she needs a visa in order to enter Mexico as a tourist, your comments seemed out-of-place.

~ Jenney
Old May 7th 2004, 5:26 pm
Richard Cochran

Lost2003 <member16553@british_expats.com> wrote in message news:<[email protected]>...
    > Thanks everyone for your help. My question was geared towards
    > questioning at TJ airport. I did talk to the consulate and they said
    > that I do not need a visa. My travel agent said that, although I do not
    > need a visa, they may questione me at the airport and give me a hard
    > time cause they could assume that I may want to cross the border, which
    > for obvious reasons I have no intention of doing.

The Mexican consulate in your country can provide the definitive
answer, but I don't believe this is a problem. The Mexican authorities
are not charged with enforcing U.S. immigration law. It's quite
obvious that they don't expend much effort trying to prevent
illegal crossings. And of course, even if they did want to
enforce U.S. law, it's not against U.S. immigration law for you
to go to Mexico, even to the border area within a few meters of
the USA.

If you're really worried, go ahead and bring copies of your US
immigration paperwork. You can always tell the Mexican guards,
"see, I have a legal way to get to the USA. I'm not about to sneak
across, because that would destroy my chance of entering legally!"
But I'll guess the Mexican guards won't care in the least.

Bien viaje,

--Rich

Old May 7th 2004, 9:39 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi,
Thanks.
Hi:

My understanding is that Chileano's are treated the same as US Citizens -- you don't need a visa -- but a round trip plane ticket is to be advised. [I took a trip into Mexico last fall, and happened to read the brochure -- please don't take this as legal advice! ]

You will be issued the equivalent of a US I-94 on the airplane and this will be stamped at your first port of entry into Mexico.

Its been quite some time [over 10 years] since I've used TJ airport, but I recall that there was NO inspection on arrival of intra-Mexican flights. I flew into TJ from Mexico via Guadalajara and there was no inspection. However, the curious thing was that on my flight from TJ to Mexico, there WAS a customs/immigration inspection because I would be leaving the Frontera where no documentation was needed for entry from the US.
Old May 8th 2004, 11:08 am
Forum Regular

Thanks again for all your help. I think I will bring copies of my paperwork and the rental agreement for the I am staying at, as well as a round trip ticket. I know that I do not need a visa for Mexico, but I had been told by many people that they were asking for a tourist visa for the US in TJ.
You where all very helpful.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.