Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

girlfriend with criminal record on holiday to usa etc

girlfriend with criminal record on holiday to usa etc

Old May 15th 2008, 12:53 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: girlfriend with criminal record on holiday to usa etc

Originally Posted by MsElui
you need to find out exactly what she was charged with. (not 'lets just say kinda' - EXACTLY!). We dont need to know what she did or why - just the exact thing written on the charges sheet (ie commn assault). Then she needs to state what she received from the court (again exactly X months or Xpoints or X fine - not kinda figures). Then maybe someone can give their opinion as to whether there is an issue for her. If you cant provide the precise datails then we are all just wasting our time.
Could even be Assault Occasioning Actual Bodily Harm

Postesr do tend to play convictions down
Old May 15th 2008, 1:01 am
L2, GC, Surrey, OH, TX!

MsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond reputeMsElui has a reputation beyond repute

ths what i mean - he needs to find out exactly or any opinion is just a wild stab in the dark. (maybe the drink had a glass attached still so it was GBH!) He may need to go back and ask her - which is sounds like he doesnt want to do - but the info provided so far is irrelevant or vague
Old May 15th 2008, 1:04 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by MsElui
ths what i mean - he needs to find out exactly or any opinion is just a wild stab in the dark. (maybe the drink had a glass attached still so it was GBH!) He may need to go back and ask her - which is sounds like he doesnt want to do - but the info provided so far is irrelevant or vague
Nah !!! GBH has to have planning...repeated attack and a
lot of blood flowing...for a good case
Old May 27th 2008, 4:49 am
Just Joined

chris-mufc is a name known to allchris-mufc is a name known to allchris-mufc is a name known to allchris-mufc is a name known to allchris-mufc is a name known to allchris-mufc is a name known to allchris-mufc is a name known to allchris-mufc is a name known to allchris-mufc is a name known to allchris-mufc is a name known to allchris-mufc is a name known to all

hi
i am new to this forum, but i am an ex-policeman, a drinking driving and assault charge will get you a CRO number (criminal record number) you actually get 2, one local one national.... the national is deleted if you are found not guilty... but the local one always stays...

the questions on the vwp asks about any offences etc etc....

99.99% of the time, at the POE on the VWP, they are not going to check, but if pulled in for a second interview, they can check our CRO records in milli seconds!!.

i am sure thousands of brits go to florida, vegas, nyc every year with a dui conviction.... but if you ever applied for a visa then you are in the system and will be checked.....

if in the usa and say you had an incident with police... then she could have problems for lying on the form....

dui and minor assaults (not ABH etc) are not visa killing offences, if it was a one off, but lying is....

the gamble is yours!!!

chris
Old May 28th 2008, 4:09 am
BE Forum Addict

brian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nicebrian.w is just really nice

Can anyone tell me the contact email address of oz embassy and usa embassy to ask these questions and get the correct answers i need as these will be the people who know for sure,i need to settle her mind and prove that all would be fine.
Old May 28th 2008, 4:27 am
Ray

Originally Posted by brian.w
Can anyone tell me the contact email address of oz embassy and usa embassy to ask these questions and get the correct answers i need as these will be the people who know for sure,i need to settle her mind and prove that all would be fine.
The US consulates are not an infomation center
nor do most accept email enqiries

That what lawyers are for ...
Old May 28th 2008, 7:36 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Can anyone tell me the contact email address of oz embassy and usa embassy to ask these questions and get the correct answers i need as these will be the people who know for sure
I don't know about what goes on in Australia (although my cousin Nigel is on the NSW Supreme Court), but the US Supreme Court has stated... many times... that you can *not* count on, as accurate, any information given by a government employee. So... it's highly unlikely that "these will be the people who know for sure". If you want legal advice, ask a lawyer... they're the ones who know the law... not the plebians at the Embassy.

... and prove that all would be fine.
All may not be fine! What will you do then?

Ian
Old May 28th 2008, 7:47 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately, even if the embassies tell you it's fine, it might not be. Nothing is guaranteed.

Rene