Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Getting advance parole whilst adjusting status

Getting advance parole whilst adjusting status

Old Nov 2nd 2010, 3:47 pm
Forum Regular

chrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to all
Default Getting advance parole whilst adjusting status

I sent my AOS package on sept 25th (came on a k-1 and married). Had my biometrics appointment on the 29th october. Now i am waiting. Reason for my post is that i really want to make a trip back to the UK for xmas so would need that AP.
What do you beleive are my chances? I put on the AP form that i intended to travel home for xmas around dec 20th. If i havnt received my AP by mid december is it possible to set up an info-pass appointment and ask for one?

I just dont want to get my hopes up (and families) about going home for xmas and then not be able to.

Cheers.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 4:03 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Getting advance parole whilst adjusting status

Originally Posted by chrisroach
I sent my AOS package on sept 25th (came on a k-1 and married). Had my biometrics appointment on the 29th october. Now i am waiting. Reason for my post is that i really want to make a trip back to the UK for xmas so would need that AP.
What do you beleive are my chances? I put on the AP form that i intended to travel home for xmas around dec 20th. If i havnt received my AP by mid december is it possible to set up an info-pass appointment and ask for one?

I just dont want to get my hopes up (and families) about going home for xmas and then not be able to.

Cheers.
Your chances are probably good that you'll get AP before Christmas, but don't make any promises or buy any non-refundable, non-changeable tickets until you have the AP in hand.

It usually takes about 60 days to get AP after filing AOS (assuming you don't receive an RFE for anything), so if you filed Sept 25, you will probably have your AP in late November.

Putting your intended travel date on the AP application doesn't really make them speed it up. If you don't have AP by Christmas, and you want to travel, you can try to get one via Infopass, but I would say your chances of success are not good, unless it's a valid emergency and you can prove it.

Rene
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 5:02 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

Cheers.
You can also call the 0800 number and request to expedite your AP and EAD.

Reasons are severe finacial loss because of a pending job offer or other hardships.

Hence you are so far in your 90 days processing time for EAD and AP there is a good chance that they will aceept. However a expedite request is solely at the discretion of the NVC.

I did this with my EAD/AP because I had a job offer and it worked out.

Good luck
CCR
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 7:41 pm
Forum Regular

chrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to allchrisroach is a name known to all

Originally Posted by crosscountryrider
You can also call the 0800 number and request to expedite your AP and EAD.

Reasons are severe finacial loss because of a pending job offer or other hardships.

Hence you are so far in your 90 days processing time for EAD and AP there is a good chance that they will aceept. However a expedite request is solely at the discretion of the NVC.

I did this with my EAD/AP because I had a job offer and it worked out.

Good luck
CCR
Im not too bothered about the EAD, its the AP i want. So what when would you call them, and what should i say?
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 7:48 pm
BE Enthusiast

crosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud ofcrosscountryrider has much to be proud of

Im not too bothered about the EAD, its the AP i want. So what when would you call them, and what should i say?
Hi Chris,
I would call them right away and tell them the truth. If you can make it alittle bit longer without work even better. Usually they expedite both documents at the same time.

Also make sure that get into the second line of "support". Your first contact

has no authorizations to expedite. The "second line" can access your file

and file the request.

If you don't get through the First Level and they turn you away just call again and give it another try.

Some of the agents are just rude or cranky.

Found this one:

Here is the link : http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/usc...0045f3d6a1RCRD

So humanitarian maybe apply for you - like old parent or grandparents or so.
Hope this helps
CCr

Last edited by crosscountryrider; Nov 2nd 2010 at 8:26 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 7:58 pm
BE Enthusiast

Also for everybody how wants to do the same:

When I called them I had a job offer pending. Hence my wife works in Real Estate and the whole market collapsed I had no problems to explain a genuine hardship.

At the time I was the only one who could generate a income.

They don't ask for evidence but your reasons must sound genuine and convincing.

Also the decision if the expedite request will be granted is depneding on the NBC review and is a directors decision.

The will sent you a letter once the request has been submitted that you will receive a decision within 10 days.

If you are lucky its AP and EAD.

Hope this helps with process
CCR

Last edited by crosscountryrider; Nov 2nd 2010 at 8:23 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 8:02 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Also the decision if the expedite request will be granted is depneding on the NVC review and is a directors decision.
NVC is not involved in the AOS process, how can the decision be based on NVC review??

If the OP only wants to go home and visit family for the holidays, I highly doubt that qualifies as a reason to expedite the AP.

Rene
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 8:06 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
NVC is not involved in the AOS process, how can the decision be based on NVC review??

If the OP only wants to go home and visit family for the holidays, I highly doubt that qualifies as a reason to expedite the AP.

Rene
I my case (AOS from VWP) NBC issued the EAD/AP before the case goes back to the Local AOS office for the interview.

The review of the expedite request is only concerning EAD/AP and affects only EAD/AP.

I also don't know if OP's foundation to expedite the AP will be sufficient. But if they don't try they will not find out

CCR

Last edited by crosscountryrider; Nov 2nd 2010 at 8:22 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 8:09 pm
BE Enthusiast

I my case (AOS from VWP) NVC issued the EAD/AP before the case goes back to the Local AOS office for the interview.

The review of the expedite request is only concerning EAD/AP and affects only EAD/AP.

I also don't know if OP's foundation to expedite the AP will be sufficient. But if they don't try they will not find out

CCR
PS:
the quote I used is from the USCIS website and is mentioning clearly the NBC responsible for EAD and AP (Link in previous post).
Just google USCIS AOS expedite and you will get there

Last edited by crosscountryrider; Nov 2nd 2010 at 8:21 pm.
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 8:15 pm

PS:
the quote I used is from the USCIS website and is mentioning clearly the NVC responsible for EAD and AP.
Just google USCIS AOS expedite and you will get there
Can you just post the link you quoted from, please? Much easier that way.

I still think it's not NVC who is involved in any AOS dealings. Perhaps you're thinking of NBC, National Benefits Center? NVC is the National Visa Center, who is part of the Dept of State, and deals only with visas.

Rene
Old Nov 2nd 2010, 8:17 pm
BE Enthusiast

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Can you just post the link you quoted from, please? Much easier that way.

I still think it's not NVC who is involved in any AOS dealings. Perhaps you're thinking of NBC, National Benefits Center? NVC is the National Visa Center, who is part of the Dept of State, and deals only with visas.

Rene
Hi Rene,
yes NBC. I will edit my response. My mistake sorrrrry