G325a

Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:19 pm
Just Joined

FLDelta is an unknown quantity at this point
Default G325a

Hey Guys

Just starting this long process by ourselves and already have a couple of questions.

Firstly the Biographic Forms when you download them from USCIS site, it appears that the file has the same form on 4 of the pages, however the number in the bottom left hand corner is different. So do you have to fill this form out 4 times, for each me and my wife or do we just download the file once print the entire file, fill out one each and leave the rest.

Also you only have one original of your birth certificate, obviously we don't want to send an original unless its requested. So is it acceptable to make copies of the birth certificate and other documents and have them notarized?

Thanks in advance for any assistance
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:38 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G325a

Originally Posted by FLDelta
Hey Guys

Just starting this long process by ourselves and already have a couple of questions.

Firstly the Biographic Forms when you download them from USCIS site, it appears that the file has the same form on 4 of the pages, however the number in the bottom left hand corner is different. So do you have to fill this form out 4 times, for each me and my wife or do we just download the file once print the entire file, fill out one each and leave the rest.

Also you only have one original of your birth certificate, obviously we don't want to send an original unless its requested. So is it acceptable to make copies of the birth certificate and other documents and have them notarized?

Thanks in advance for any assistance
Fill in one form; I think it's a PDF file, so should be easy. Copy it 4 times but - IMPORTANT - sign each form individually.

Do not send originals of any of your precious documents. No need to get them notarised. You'll bring the originals with you to the interview.

Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:44 pm
Just Joined

Ok, I appreciate it, so we should end up with 8 forms total, 4 with my wife's signature and 4 with mine?

Also forgot to add, my wife has moved around quite a bit within the last 5 years and does not remember all the details for all the residences she has had, and the dates to and from are going to be hard for both of us, how rigid is USCIS on the dates are ALL previous addresses, both of us being in our early 20s its not something that we took much notice of when we were kids.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:50 pm
Homebody

Elvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond reputeElvira has a reputation beyond repute

Ok, I appreciate it, so we should end up with 8 forms total, 4 with my wife's signature and 4 with mine?

Also forgot to add, my wife has moved around quite a bit within the last 5 years and does not remember all the details for all the residences she has had, and the dates to and from are going to be hard for both of us, how rigid is USCIS on the dates are ALL previous addresses, both of us being in our early 20s its not something that we took much notice of when we were kids.
4 + 4 looks right to me.

I don't think they pay much attention to this form, so don't stress. Just fill it in as best you can, and but approximate dates/addresses if necessary.
Old Jan 21st 2007, 7:53 pm
Just Joined

10-4 I appreciate it
Old Jan 21st 2007, 9:56 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Elvira
Fill in one form; I think it's a PDF file, so should be easy. Copy it 4 times but - IMPORTANT - sign each form individually.

Do not send originals of any of your precious documents. No need to get them notarised. You'll bring the originals with you to the interview.

Actually that form automatically copies the information from page 1 to the other three pages. Fill out one page, it fills them all for you. Just print and sign. Do not scroll down to the second page and change info to pertain to another person, because it will also change it for the first form...

But.....that begs the question....as per the instructions the I-130 for my spouse only required 1 for me and 1 for her. As per other form instructions, she only needed 1 more on the I-485. So total of 1 for me and 2 for her.

I assume the OP is filing under a different situation than U.S. citizen for spouse in the U.S. My curiosity will kill me if I don't know why. lol
Old Jan 21st 2007, 11:23 pm
Just Joined

Thanks for that, another question just came to mind on Tax returns after reading through some of the other posts. My wife only has Tax returns from the last two years, this year will be filed jointly. But i see they are looking for three years, should this be any cause for concern?
Old Jan 21st 2007, 11:38 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

dakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond reputedakota44 has a reputation beyond repute

Thanks for that, another question just came to mind on Tax returns after reading through some of the other posts. My wife only has Tax returns from the last two years, this year will be filed jointly. But i see they are looking for three years, should this be any cause for concern?
If she filed tax returns before that, she can call the IRS and they will send her copies. I assume we are talking about the Affidavit of Support. I think the form allows you an option to send 3, but you can only send one. Just check the correct box. Unless the instructions have changed in that area.

Someone else will no doubt say whether I am right on this.
Old Jan 22nd 2007, 1:06 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Depending on where your wife is filing. I believe the new instructions on the I-864 if filed stateside only requires the most current tax year. She can call the 1-800 number for the IRS and request the tax transcript to be mailed to her. It should take about 7 days.