Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

G-325a form fields too small to input information

G-325a form fields too small to input information

Old Mar 23rd 2011, 4:02 pm
Just Joined

petedoom is an unknown quantity at this point
Question G-325a form fields too small to input information

The title says it all really. This is proving to be the same problem for form I-130 as well when i try to fill it out on the computer. I'm using the most up-to-date version of Adobe reader.

I've tried copy and pasting text into the field boxes but to no avail.

Has anyone else had this problem? There's not even enough room for my wife to fill in her maiden name.

I gather that as long as the form is filled in in black ink and legible that it'll be ok, right?

Also, if there aren't enough field boxes to input all your previous employment/ residence history from the past 5yrs, what do you do?

Many thanks
Pete
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 4:12 pm

avanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond reputeavanutria has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G-325a form fields too small to input information

I can't recall, but don't the instructions say somewhere to add an extra sheet if you need space? I know we did that when listing my DH's previous trips to America.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 4:15 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Had no problem here. I used long hand on all the forms. Worked a treat.

Sign in BLUE ink and use a separate blank page with the question number noted for additional info.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 5:34 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by petedoom
The title says it all really. This is proving to be the same problem for form I-130 as well when i try to fill it out on the computer. I'm using the most up-to-date version of Adobe reader.
Y'know... back before the forms were fillable, we had to actually print them out and complete the forms by hand using a pen. That method is still acceptable today. Even a computer with the newest and best software can't compensate for a poorly designed form.

Ian
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 5:57 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

For the G-325A, abbreviate and condense ruthlessly. (And be glad that it's now only a 1-part form, not a 4-part carbon form.)

For the I-130, Rete and Ian have provided the answer.

Regards, JEff

Old Mar 23rd 2011, 6:42 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
For the I-130, Rete and Ian have provided the answer.
My reponse also covered the G-325A.

Ian
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 7:28 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

So did Rete's response.

I provided my own answer for G-325A.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
My reponse also covered the G-325A.

Ian
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 8:28 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by avanutria
I can't recall, but don't the instructions say somewhere to add an extra sheet if you need space? I know we did that when listing my DH's previous trips to America.
Unfortunately the instructions don't specify what to do in this case. But i'll take your word for it, unless anyone here objects?

Thanks
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 8:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Unfortunately the instructions don't specify what to do in this case. But i'll take your word for it, unless anyone here objects?

Thanks
No objection here, we did that on a few immigration forms. In that space on the I-130, write "see attached". Then on a separate sheet of paper, write your name, the Form number, and Question number. Then write the lengthy answer that didn't fit on the form itself. Staple this page to the I-130, after the last page.

Rene
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 8:49 pm

The G-325A instructions don't, the I-130 instructions do.

Regards, JEff

Unfortunately the instructions don't specify what to do in this case.
Originally Posted by avanutria
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 9:02 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by jeffreyhy
The G-325A instructions don't, the I-130 instructions do.

Regards, JEff
Exactly.

I'm just going to attach a seperate form to the back of G-325A, and specify which section it's for. There are no numbers on G-325A to reference.
Old Mar 23rd 2011, 9:19 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Exactly.

I'm just going to attach a seperate form to the back of G-325A, and specify which section it's for. There are no numbers on G-325A to reference.
Yes, reference as much as you can, and attach it to the back.

Rene