g-325A form

Old Nov 19th 2002, 7:31 pm
Forum Regular

sandy- pie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default g-325A form

which one does my fiance fill out...it asks for his last address outside the us? but he has never lived there. also it prints out about 4.. which one do we send which one do we keep?
Old Nov 19th 2002, 7:49 pm
Pagan Sex God

Patrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond reputePatrick has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: g-325A form

Originally posted by sandy- pie
which one does my fiance fill out...it asks for his last address outside the us? but he has never lived there. also it prints out about 4.. which one do we send which one do we keep?
If your fiance has never lived outside the US then put N/A. You file 4 copies for each of you, what we did was fill in one and photocopy it (less the signature) it 3 times - sign it then send in all 4 copies

Patrick
Old Nov 19th 2002, 7:55 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

You BOTH fill out the G325A forms -- one for each of you -- and sign and date each copy. In fact, I recommend you do two copies each: one for the I-129F, and one for your files, as back-up.

We didn't do the downloadable G352A forms -- I got original forms from the INS, which were four sheets (each a different color) with carbon paper in between. We filled out 4 four-page forms total -- two for me and two for him. We sent one for each of us in with our I-129F petition, and I kept the other two copies for my records.

As for the last address outside the US, you fiance should put where he lives now, since it is outside the US and is his current place of residence.

For example, Mark has never lived in the US, either. He lives in Bishop's Stortford, England, and that is the address we listed on his G325A as his "last address outside the US."

~ Jenney
Old Nov 19th 2002, 8:07 pm
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

it asks for his last address outside the us? but he has never lived there.
Some clarification:

The advice Patrick gave is applicable if your fiance has never lived OUTSIDE the US in another country.

The advice I gave is applicable if your fiance has never lived IN the US.

Patrick and I interpreted your comment differently. I assumed from your post that your fiance is the foreigner, and that you are the USC.

If by "never lived there" you mean he's never lived in the US, then follow my advice. If "never lived there" means he's only lived the US, then follow Patrick's advice.

~ Jenney
Old Nov 19th 2002, 8:17 pm
Morkai Kurst

sandy- pie wrote:
    > which one does my fiance fill out...it asks for his last address
    > outside the us? but he has never lived there. also it prints out
    > about 4.. which one do we send which one do we keep?

If he has never lived in the US that doesn't mean the question is invalid -
he has an address outside the US and he lives at it therefore that is the
answer.

You need to fill out all four copies - and send off all four - note the bit
in bold type down the bottom of the form that says ' Please fill out all 4
copies of this form' or something to that effect. Each part goes to a
different section of the INS

If you want to keep a copy (which is recommended), then make another copy
but you must send all 4 sheets with your application

hth

good luck

Morkai

Old Nov 19th 2002, 8:19 pm
Forum Regular

it is just confusing because on the bottom it has a) b, c, or d..and say different things. i just dont want the wrong one to go. should he just fill out the first one and second one, he has to send them to me. there is a different box on the bottom of the first one than on the second one.
Old Nov 19th 2002, 8:34 pm
I'm back!

it is just confusing because on the bottom it has a) b, c, or d..and say different things. i just dont want the wrong one to go. should he just fill out the first one and second one, he has to send them to me. there is a different box on the bottom of the first one than on the second one.
The G325A consists of 4 sheets of paper. The INS determines which sheet goes where (their files, the consulate, etc.).

You will need to fill out, sign and date the four sheets of the G325A. Your fiance must do the same. These all go with your I-129F submission, a total of 8 sheets.

Like I said before, I recommend having a second, original copy of each of your G325A forms (again, 8 sheets total) to keep for your records. This is just in case your petition gets lost in the mail, at the INS, etc., and you need to refile.

If you use the fillable forms online via the INS website, this shouldn't be any problem for you. In retrospect, I wish I had done them this way instead of by hand; it took forever!

~ Jenney
Old Nov 19th 2002, 8:40 pm
Forum Regular

oh thankyou. i am sorry i didn't really make it clear. but all is clear now. its hard working it out without him sitting next to me. but i've got it all clear now. thankyou very much.
mandy
Old Nov 19th 2002, 9:32 pm
Morkai Kurst

Mark wrote:
    > For example, Mark has never lived in the US, either. He lives in
    > Bishop's Stortford, England, and that is the address we listed on his
    > G325A as his "last address outside the US."

Good grief... I lived in Elsenham which is about 8 miles from Stortford, I
spent most of my misbegotten youth in the Tanner's Arms pub in Stortford
amoungst others. I knew a couple of Marks - did he ever spend an evening in
there?

Morkai

(aka Vicki - trademarks were beaten up fiesta's, a love of K cider and
dressing up as The Crow! I was a Heavy metal Goth back in those days

Old Nov 20th 2002, 3:49 am
I'm back!

Originally posted by Morkai Kurst
Good grief... I lived in Elsenham which is about 8 miles from Stortford, I
spent most of my misbegotten youth in the Tanner's Arms pub in Stortford
amoungst others. I knew a couple of Marks - did he ever spend an evening in
there?

Morkai

(aka Vicki - trademarks were beaten up fiesta's, a love of K cider and
dressing up as The Crow! I was a Heavy metal Goth back in those days
LOL -- I'll have to ask him to get back to you on that, as I have no idea!! Wouldn't it be funny if you'd crossed each other's paths!?!

~ Jenney