Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

G-325A Employment over last 5 years...

G-325A Employment over last 5 years...

Old Dec 26th 2004, 4:13 pm
Forum Regular

atothel is an unknown quantity at this point
Default G-325A Employment over last 5 years...

How specific does this list have to be? My fiancee worked hundreds of jobs over the last five years, as a promotional model... does she need to put down every one (even though some were only for a day here or there)?

Also if she works for one company on and off but not regularly, can she enclose every job within one date to and from, or does she have to write out EVERY instance she worked for the company? (The first way may also throw the dates out of sequence in the order of employment)...

Her list could go on to several pages if this is the case...

OR

is it ok to cover the dates with a 'Self Employed Model' 2000-2004? (She does have other 'normal' jobs to fill up the space too, but theses are only for the last year or so)
Old Dec 26th 2004, 4:28 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: G-325A Employment over last 5 years...

My fiance was self-employed, and we just listed it as "self-employed" and the dates. We didn't list each job he did for each client. So unless your fiancee worked for one specific modeling agency, I would go ahead and put self-employed model for those jobs.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Dec 27th 2004, 3:26 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: G-325A Employment over last 5 years...

Originally Posted by atothel
How specific does this list have to be? My fiancee worked hundreds of jobs over the last five years, as a promotional model... does she need to put down every one (even though some were only for a day here or there)?

Also if she works for one company on and off but not regularly, can she enclose every job within one date to and from, or does she have to write out EVERY instance she worked for the company? (The first way may also throw the dates out of sequence in the order of employment)...

Her list could go on to several pages if this is the case...

OR

is it ok to cover the dates with a 'Self Employed Model' 2000-2004? (She does have other 'normal' jobs to fill up the space too, but theses are only for the last year or so)
Hi:

I should make this an answer to an "FAQ." The G-325 form is an old form which is retained as kind of a vestigial matter. It is not used the way it used to be. However, the requirement exists.

In my experience, the G-325 should be ACCURATE but need not be DETAILED or COMPLETE. I doubt very much that CIS even really reads them.

If you were my client -- I would put "self-employed model" -- I do that all the time for "industry people" who have many gigs.