Reload this Page >

Further documents sent after Medical expired

Further documents sent after Medical expired

Old Jun 10th 2020, 1:00 pm
Forum Regular

vanessa_3763 is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Further documents sent after Medical expired

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
In your initial post, you stated you were going through the “DCF” process in London and had completed your interview with further documentation being requested. Now you are asking about the I-130 and non-immigrant visas. In other words, there has been a big change which you have not described. This strikes me as making it impossible for anyone to intelligently answer your questions without more information. What happened?
Sorry about that I am even confusing myself with all this, honestly! I confused an RFE and 221g while searching through the forums so had a mixup with wording.

Yes, we received a 221g at my husband's interview. I sent the documents by email 2 weeks ago. What I meant was I am confused by where this is currently being processed. However, os306 has cleared this up.

The only concern I have now is question #2: I realized later that I sent the documents from a different email address than we provided when applying. Should I re-send from the email address we provided?

Thank you for the response and the help

Old Jun 10th 2020, 1:02 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by os306
If I've understood correctly, I don't think anything has changed. I think she might be confused in terms of the difference between an I-130 petition (i.e. the form used to prove a valid family relationship exists between an eligible USC petitioner and foreign national intending to immigrate) and the actual immigrant visa application. I think she also might be getting confused as the website she found about 221(g) refusals contained an e-mail address that pertained to non-immigrant visa applicants.

Vanessa_3763, I don't know the answers to all of your questions, but in terms of question 1, the Immigrant Visa Unit at the US Embassy in London has your application. The London USCIS Field Office processed your I-130 petition last year and have nothing to do with your application now. For question 3, your husband is applying for an immigrant visa, whereas the e-mail address on the website you found is for NONimmigrant visa petitions, so go with the e-mail address you were given.
Yes, thank you so much for your help!

Sorry about that. I have been so confused with wording, and mixing up the I-130 process with my current situation.
Old Sep 1st 2020, 1:30 pm
Forum Regular

Hello!

Just a quick question as well as an update. . .

Update: The embassy was still closed on the date the petition expired, and the CEAC website status changed to “Expired”. We then sent a further email stating we still wished to move forward with the visa, and once the embassy reopened, the status was changed back to “Refused” which I have taken as good news (fingers crossed). We have had no further contact from the Embassy though. I am hoping this is just Covid delays.

Question: Due to the many delays during this process my husband now qualifies for the IR1 visa. I was wondering what this means for the petition? Has anyone else ever been in this situation, if so what was the outcome?

Thanks in advance
Old Sep 1st 2020, 3:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Nothing changes regarding the petition. When he goes for the interview, he can politely ask to be issued with the IR-1 visa.

Even if he ends up getting the CR-1 visa, he can politely ask at the US POE to be admitted as an IR-1 status.

Rene
Old Sep 2nd 2020, 9:57 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Nothing changes regarding the petition. When he goes for the interview, he can politely ask to be issued with the IR-1 visa.

Even if he ends up getting the CR-1 visa, he can politely ask at the US POE to be admitted as an IR-1 status.

Rene
Perfect, thank you for the info!
Old Oct 8th 2020, 12:43 pm
Forum Regular

Hello,
I have another update, and unfortunately another confusing question.

I emailed a week ago asking if documents sent during lockdown were received. They responded that there was no record of receiving them even though I got an email confirmation when I sent them in May.

I was told we have to start again at the interview staged. Which, I assumed we would have to do anyway. I am currently gathering docs again. After calling the international IRS line I was told my 2019 transcripts are not ready. I filed by mail in June, but he told me that it's likely they haven't been filed yet due to their extreme backlog.

My question is, will they accept a letter explaining this at interview? Has anyone else experienced this before?

I am hoping by the time we're even able to get an interview they'll be ready, but I'm not sure what to do otherwise.

Thanks in advance
Old Oct 8th 2020, 1:42 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If you can't get official IRS transcripts, just bring a photocopy of your entire tax return.

Rene
Old Oct 8th 2020, 1:54 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

General rule - If an official document is unavailable, provide evidence of attempt to obtain it and proof of negative response. One cannot provide what one cannot get.
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 10:31 am
Forum Regular

Hello,
I have yet another question after a change in the situation. My husband has recently received a job offer from a US company that will sponsor him. We would now like to withdraw/close our case that is currently with the Embassy. The website says to send a letter stating this. I would just like to know what to include in the letter. Do I have to explain the reasons we are closing the case? Should I go into detail about the current situation, or just simply state I want to close it? TIA!
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 1:33 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

It is easy enough to cancel your husband's IR/CR-1 visa application but you haven't given us any information on what visa your husband's new employer will sponsor him for? It can't be an L visa as he doesn't already for for them. Is it a H1-B visa? If so, there is no guarantee that he can get that visa as there are loop holes to jump through unless the company were an exempt company.

Please do not cancel anything until you have all the facts.
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 2:16 pm
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Rete
It is easy enough to cancel your husband's IR/CR-1 visa application but you haven't given us any information on what visa your husband's new employer will sponsor him for? It can't be an L visa as he doesn't already for for them. Is it a H1-B visa? If so, there is no guarantee that he can get that visa as there are loop holes to jump through unless the company were an exempt company.

Please do not cancel anything until you have all the facts.
I am not able to disclose any of that information due to my husband's position. I would just like to know what to include in the letter. Thanks!
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 3:33 pm
Lost in BE Cyberspace

SanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond reputeSanDiegogirl has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by vanessa_3763
Hello,
I have yet another question after a change in the situation. My husband has recently received a job offer from a US company that will sponsor him. We would now like to withdraw/close our case that is currently with the Embassy. The website says to send a letter stating this. I would just like to know what to include in the letter. Do I have to explain the reasons we are closing the case? Should I go into detail about the current situation, or just simply state I want to close it? TIA!

You don't have to give any details if you don't want to. Just say you are withdrawing your petition due to a change in circumstances.
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 4:29 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Are you aware that your husband can have two petitions ongoing at the same time? There really isn't any reason for him to terminate the IR visa. As a British Citizen he can return to the UK for the interview at the US Consulate and if approved, return to the US becoming a PR when he enters the POE.
Old Apr 3rd 2021, 9:57 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Rete
Are you aware that your husband can have two petitions ongoing at the same time? There really isn't any reason for him to terminate the IR visa. As a British Citizen he can return to the UK for the interview at the US Consulate and if approved, return to the US becoming a PR when he enters the POE.
This thread has been and remains a head scratcher. I’m not at all sure that any truly meaningful answer can be given.
Old Apr 4th 2021, 8:06 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by SanDiegogirl
You don't have to give any details if you don't want to. Just say you are withdrawing your petition due to a change in circumstances.
Great, thanks so much for info!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.