Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Frustrated with Peru Embassy

Frustrated with Peru Embassy

Old Mar 10th 2004, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

WiAnSiempre is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Frustrated with Peru Embassy

Hi everyone - I am so frustrated right now! I called the embassy yesterday and found out that they received our paperwork from NVC. I told the lady that my fiance already had Packet 3 (I had picked it up back in October from them) but it was missing 1 form, the biographical form and asked if he could come pick this form up. She said yes, he could come between 10 and 11:00 to pick it up. So then, he gets on a 10 hour bus ride to Lima and goes this morning at 10:00 to the embassy to pick up the form. Well, they tell him "No, we can't give you any forms you have to wait for us to mail it to you" Ahhhh so now he's waisted money and time to go all the way down there and they won't do anything. I can't even call until the morning during their 2 hour window to call and ask questions. I guess I'm going to have him go back home and wait for them to mail it.

I just wish I was there! I miss him so much and I feel like I'm at the end of my rope. I know it's going to be soon but why do they have to be so difficult?? I think if I was there with him, they would have given the forms to him.

Sorry, I just had to vent. Thanks for listening.

Angela
Old Mar 10th 2004, 7:37 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Frustrated with Peru Embassy

Hi Angela,
Sorry to hear of all the time wasted on the bus trip. Is it not possible to find the required form on the internet, print it, and fill it out?

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Mar 10th 2004, 7:52 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi Angela,
Sorry to hear of all the time wasted on the bus trip. Is it not possible to find the required form on the internet, print it, and fill it out?

Best Wishes,
Rene

Thanks Rene - No, already tried that. They are using a really old form (179) for the Biographical form. I asked them if he could just turn in the DS230 Part1 (which is the same thing ) and they said No. Oh well

Angela
Old Mar 10th 2004, 8:06 am

meauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond reputemeauxna has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by WiAnSiempre
Thanks Rene - No, already tried that. They are using a really old form (179) for the Biographical form. I asked them if he could just turn in the DS230 Part1 (which is the same thing ) and they said No. Oh well

Angela
Are you looking for a copy online? There is one here http://www.wizaard.com/gkemper/phil/forms/of-179.pdf
Old Mar 10th 2004, 8:29 am
Forum Regular

Originally posted by meauxna
Are you looking for a copy online? There is one here http://www.wizaard.com/gkemper/phil/forms/of-179.pdf

THank you SOooo much! I have looked everywhere for an online copy of this form. The only thing is that the one they use is in Spanish and this one is in English. I'm going to go ahead and email it to him and help him fill it out. He's still in Lima, so maybe he can bring it to them in the morning and see if they'll accept it.

Thanks!
Angela
Old Mar 10th 2004, 8:52 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Mo always comes to the rescue
Just wanted to say I hope that works out for you and he can submit it tomorrow morning!

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Mar 10th 2004, 9:06 am
BE Enthusiast

supernav will become famous soon enoughsupernav will become famous soon enough

Find a lawyer locally who's done it a thousand times with peruvian applicants. He could've told you exactly how the whole system works and saved u the hassle. Never underestimate the value of using someone who's done the system a million times.

-= nav =-