Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Freaking out! Missed signature?!

Freaking out! Missed signature?!

Old Sep 11th 2015, 1:59 pm
Forum Regular

LauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Freaking out! Missed signature?!

I have my K1 visa interview on Tuesday and was double checking all the relevant forms and when going through the 1-134 it all looked fine untill, i noticed that the bottom part of the form looks like maybe two signatures are needed? It lists off the acknowledgement and then has _____________ next to it, then lists off the certify part of the document and gives a specific place for a signature and date which my partner has signed. Should she have put her signature next to the acknowledgement part also? Someone please help.
Old Sep 11th 2015, 2:11 pm
Forum Regular

LauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond reputeLauraLou07 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Freaking out! Missed signature?!

Done a little research online and I'm pretty sure its supposed to be blank and that I'm letting my nerves get the better of me. However, there is no ones advice that i value more on these matters than BE team! It's hard not to worry when this is 13 years of relationship on the line. Sorry if i come across a little frantic!
Old Sep 11th 2015, 2:13 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LauraLou07
I have my K1 visa interview on Tuesday and was double checking all the relevant forms and when going through the 1-134 it all looked fine untill, i noticed that the bottom part of the form looks like maybe two signatures are needed? It lists off the acknowledgement and then has _____________ next to it, then lists off the certify part of the document and gives a specific place for a signature and date which my partner has signed. Should she have put her signature next to the acknowledgement part also? Someone please help.
I just looked at it, and I would say no. She signed where it says sign. You are good to go.

Paraphrasing Ian's rule #1 - do not read meaning into an underline that is not there
Old Sep 11th 2015, 2:14 pm
Forum Regular

I know, i should know better to be honest! I thought i was as cool as a cucumber about the interview but i guess my nerves have decided to make an apperance! :s
Old Sep 11th 2015, 2:16 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

It's not entirely clear from the form or the instructions. To me, it looks like she was supposed to sign or initial on that first line, stating she's read the relevant information. Then for sure she signs the second line, using her full name as per the instructions.

You'll just have to see what they say at the interview on Tuesday. Don't point anything out to the ConOff. Hopefully it's not a big deal.

Rene
Old Sep 11th 2015, 2:20 pm
Forum Regular

Hopefully it's filled in correctly and not a big deal. I'm sure someone will post a reply that has recently had an approved K1 visa and how they filled in the form. Not much i can do now but just see what they say.
Old Sep 11th 2015, 2:29 pm
BE Irregular

RICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond reputeRICH has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Noorah101
It's not entirely clear from the form or the instructions. To me, it looks like she was supposed to sign or initial on that first line, stating she's read the relevant information. Then for sure she signs the second line, using her full name as per the instructions.

You'll just have to see what they say at the interview on Tuesday. Don't point anything out to the ConOff. Hopefully it's not a big deal.

Rene
I agree it is not clear, but I have found that "do what it says, and don't do what it doesn't say" generally works with form filling.

If it mattered, there would have been an RFE before now!
Old Sep 11th 2015, 2:41 pm
Forum Regular

Just nervous because we didn't have to send the I-134 with the petition so we wouldn't have had an RFE relating to this. Hopefully if I stick to your motto of sign where it says and that's that then hopefully that will work because you would think that they would make it a little more clear if they required a signature like they did literally a sentence below it. The information I have found has said to leave it blank and that it is a type of gliche but I trust the information given on this forum so I'm hoping someone can come along and let me know some of their experience if they have left it blank and still been approved
Old Sep 11th 2015, 3:09 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

No RFE yet, because USCIS hasn't seen it yet. LOL

Rene
Old Sep 11th 2015, 3:11 pm
Forum Regular

Yeah that's what I meant rene :/
Old Sep 11th 2015, 3:12 pm
BE Irregular

Oops. So you have an original, to take with you to the interview, that they haven't seen before? I don't remember that part, but mine was a long time ago!
Old Sep 11th 2015, 4:19 pm

Originally Posted by RICH
Oops. So you have an original, to take with you to the interview, that they haven't seen before? I don't remember that part, but mine was a long time ago!
Yes, that's how the K1 works. That's how ours was back in 2004.

Rene
Old Sep 12th 2015, 1:07 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by LauraLou07
The information I have found has said to leave it blank and that it is a type of gliche but I trust the information given on this forum so I'm hoping someone can come along and let me know some of their experience if they have left it blank and still been approved
Since the I-134 is completely unenforceable, it's pretty much a meaningless random line on the page. Now, step away from the forms and from the computer... enjoy the weekend, and get a good night's rest on Monday!

Ian
Old Sep 12th 2015, 1:08 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Ian, that is exactly what i needed to hear! Thank you so much
Old Sep 12th 2015, 5:18 am
Forum Regular

The Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond reputeThe Earl of Drumer has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
Since the I-134 is completely unenforceable, it's pretty much a meaningless random line on the page.
I was about to write that myself before reading all the posts; the I-864 during the AOS, that's where it's really going to matter. Until then, relax and enjoy (?) the 'interview'.

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.