forms, forms and .. yip, more forms

forms, forms and .. yip, more forms

Old Jan 15th 2008, 12:19 am
Just Joined

rpawlyv is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: forms, forms and .. yip, more forms

Originally Posted by mojofilter
Hi Gang,

I'm in the UK and am engaged to a US citizen. we're going through the whole K1 thing and I'm filling in the DS-156 for at the moment ....

I've just noticed that I've used "St.Helens" as my place of birth on all of the forms but on my passport it says that it's "Whiston" (Whiston is an area in St.Helens) ....

Will this mess everything up or am I worrying over nothing ???

mojo (who hates forms ;-) )
Man I sure hope you get things straighted out, forums lately have been moving at a standstill >.<
Old Jan 15th 2008, 1:01 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Yeah... You've got to love John Simm, I was lucky enough to meet him and David Tennant last year .... Really nice blokes...
Ooooh, Mark would be so jealous! (But probably not as jealous as me... They are some lovely blokes, that's for sure!)

~ Jenney
Old Jan 15th 2008, 1:29 am
Forum Regular

sunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the roughsunny08 is a jewel in the rough

Was just lurking in here and had to laugh as I lived on a street called Grange Park in Swindon! Too funny........Good luck!!!!
Old Jan 15th 2008, 2:12 am
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

I was in enough trouble with my fiancee for meeting David Tennant when she wasn't with me

mojo

Originally Posted by Jenney & Mark
Ooooh, Mark would be so jealous! (But probably not as jealous as me... They are some lovely blokes, that's for sure!)

~ Jenney
Old Jan 18th 2008, 1:46 pm
Just Joined

beatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nicebeatlesgirl is just really nice

I was in enough trouble with my fiancee for meeting David Tennant when she wasn't with me

mojo
Heck yeah you did! LOL
Old Apr 5th 2008, 3:28 pm
Forum Regular

Ana Armani is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I wouldn't worry all that much about it. The idea is to get kind of close to the area for background checks. And many places have two names. For example, my office is in the 90028 ZIP code in the City of Los Angeles, but you could also say Hollywood -- and the mail would be delivered. Curiously, the City of West Hollywood is a city which was incorporated from a patch of land which was formerly an unincorporated area surrounded by the City of Los Angeles. A friend has her office in the City of West Hollywood and her postal address is in Los Angeles 90048.

On the flip side, when my younger daugther was studying in France, she was often asked where she was from. She learned that "California" rather than the "United States" spared her a rant about Dub-ya. When she said "Los Angeles" people in the know always thought she meant "Los Angeles area" and had trouble believing that we actually lived in the City of Los Angeles in a part that did not have a separate name [other than the neighborhood -- many neighborhood names are not used in addresses such as "Atwater" or "Hancock Park"].

Bottom line -- I would not sweat it all that much.
I WAS NOT ALSO WORRIED ABOUT GETTING TO USA AND MARRY THERE,AS I HAD MY PETITION APPROVE, BUT AS IT SEEMS CONSUL OFFICERS DO NOT LIKE ALL THE PEOPLE WISHING TO GET MARRIED.
I AM SO CONFUSED, AS I STILL DO NOT KNOW WHY SHE DENIED ME?
Old Apr 5th 2008, 3:31 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Ana Armani
I WAS NOT ALSO WORRIED ABOUT GETTING TO USA AND MARRY THERE,AS I HAD MY PETITION APPROVE, BUT AS IT SEEMS CONSUL OFFICERS DO NOT LIKE ALL THE PEOPLE WISHING TO GET MARRIED.
I AM SO CONFUSED, AS I STILL DO NOT KNOW WHY SHE DENIED ME?
Hi Ana,

Reading your other post, it seems you are not denied at all. You were placed on administrative processing, which just means they are investigating your case further. This happens to many, many people from the Middle East and other certain countries. It has nothing to do with whether the ConOff liked you as a person or not.

I am sure you will get approved when they are done reviewing your case.

Please don't respond to posts that are this old with a comment like this. If you have a question, you might want to start your own thread.

Thanks,
Rene