form I-765

Old Jun 28th 2006, 5:33 pm
Evrim

Default form I-765

Hi,

I have been on an H1-B visa for 5 years, and it expired on June 2005. I have been out of status until then.

I got married with my girlfriend on June 2006 and we are applying for my residence.

My question is what do I write in the I-765 form when it says Current Immigration status? Should i state H1-B or out of status?

Thank you kindly,

Old Jun 28th 2006, 6:12 pm

Default Re: form I-765

Neither, you are in Adjustment of Status

Evrim wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have been on an H1-B visa for 5 years, and it expired on June 2005. I have been out of status until then.
    > I got married with my girlfriend on June 2006 and we are applying for my residence.
    > My question is what do I write in the I-765 form when it says Current Immigration status? Should i state H1-B or out of status?
    >
    > Thank you kindly,

Old Jun 28th 2006, 6:15 pm
Evrim

Thanks Olivier,

So, I should just type None for Current Immigration Status?.

---
posted via:
http://www.visaforyou.org/eng/

Old Jun 28th 2006, 6:38 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

To clarify:

The I-765 requires a basis for your eligibility for a work authorization document. Out of Status is what you are but that is not a qualifying status for work authorization. However, since you are filing at the SAME TIME for your adjustment of status based on marriage to a USC, you should put ~pending AOS~ in that area.

Originally Posted by [email protected]
Neither, you are in Adjustment of Status

Evrim wrote:
    > Hi,
    > I have been on an H1-B visa for 5 years, and it expired on June 2005. I have been out of status until then.
    > I got married with my girlfriend on June 2006 and we are applying for my residence.
    > My question is what do I write in the I-765 form when it says Current Immigration status? Should i state H1-B or out of status?
    >
    > Thank you kindly,
Old Jun 28th 2006, 6:48 pm

No, you put "Adjustment of Status"

Evrim wrote:
    > Thanks Olivier,
    > So, I should just type None for Current Immigration Status?.
    >
    > ---
    > posted via:
    > http://www.visaforyou.org/eng/