Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Form I-751,Removing conditions and the marriage with a 40 years age difference..

Form I-751,Removing conditions and the marriage with a 40 years age difference..

Old Jun 4th 2006, 2:04 pm
Just Joined

Lostinspace has a brilliant futureLostinspace has a brilliant futureLostinspace has a brilliant futureLostinspace has a brilliant futureLostinspace has a brilliant futureLostinspace has a brilliant futureLostinspace has a brilliant future
Default Form I-751,Removing conditions and the marriage with a 40 years age difference..

Hello! I am a new here.Please dont judge me hard here as i would like to let you know that my marriage is real ,though its different then some other marriges.
My husband is a 40 years older then i am.
We have filed the I-751 form in February with all the necessary relevant evidence that the marriage is bona finde.
Except,i and my husband don;t have the credit cards on the both names and the house he owns is on his name only,but the most of the rest of the evidence is on our both names.
Our marriage is real,as we live together,doing stuff together and etc....but my husband realizes that i am gonna leave him someday for to find a right guy who i can build my family with as i need to have kids someday.
My husband already has kids and he doesent wanna have any kids and he cant anyway.
My husband doesent want me to stay with him till the "Death us apart type of thing" ., he knows that i need to have kids and a younger guy in the future and he is ok with that.By the meantime our marriage is real and i am not planning to live him even after the Successful Removal conditions.
So the question is if i should worry about my case being not approved because of the huge age difference? Its obvious ,by looking at us to understand that we are not gonna stay together to the rest of our lives.,but we did entered the marriage in a good faith and not planning to break up for a long time yet.
I dont love him the way i would be inlove with a younger guy and he knows that.,but i do love him in a special way.....
I would appreciate to hear any of your opinions about my future Removal Conditions if i am gonna be introuble ? What should i be ready for?
Do we maybe need to collect more evidence? Should i be ready for the tuff interogation in the immigration office? Do we maybe need to hire a lawyer?
I appreciate your concern.
Sincerely.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 2:24 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Form I-751,Removing conditions and the marriage with a 40 years age difference..

Originally Posted by Lostinspace
Hello! I am a new here.Please dont judge me hard here as i would like to let you know that my marriage is real ,though its different then some other marriges.
We have filed the I-751 form in February with all the necessary relevant evidence that the marriage is bona finde.
Except,i and my husband don;t have the credit cards on the both names and the house he owns is on his name only,but the most of the rest of the evidence is on our both names.
Our marriage is real,as we live together,doing stuff together and etc....but my husband realizes that i am gonna leave him someday for to find a right guy who i can build my family with as i need to have kids someday.
My husband already has kids and he doesent wanna have any kids and he cant anyway.
My husband doesent want me to stay with him till the "Death us apart type of thing" ., he knows that i need to have kids and a younger guy in the future and he is ok with that.By the meantime our marriage is real and i am not planning to live him even after the Successful Removal conditions.
So the question is if i should worry about my case being not approved because of the huge age difference? Its obvious ,by looking at us to understand that we are not gonna stay together to the rest of our lives.,but we did entered the marriage in a good faith and not planning to break up for a long time yet.
I dont love him the way i would be inlove with a younger guy and he knows that.,but i do love him in a special way.....
I would appreciate to hear any of your opinions about my future Removal Conditions if i am gonna be introuble ? What should i be ready for?
Do we maybe need to collect more evidence? Should i be ready for the tuff interogation in the immigration office? Do we maybe need to hire a lawyer?
Sincerely.
Hi:

Your case was ALREADY approved for conditional residence. Why do you think it will now be different now that is has come time to remove the condtions?
Old Jun 4th 2006, 4:07 pm
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Form I-751,Removing conditions and the marriage with a 40 years age difference..

Sincerely.
A marriage of convenience under any other name ....
Old Jun 4th 2006, 4:07 pm
Just Joined

Lostinspace has a brilliant futureLostinspace has a brilliant futureLostinspace has a brilliant futureLostinspace has a brilliant futureLostinspace has a brilliant futureLostinspace has a brilliant futureLostinspace has a brilliant future

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

Your case was ALREADY approved for conditional residence. Why do you think it will now be different now that is has come time to remove the condtions?
HI! Thank you for your reply.Yes ,my case have already been approved for the Conditional Residence ,thats true. The lady also told us that we might be called for an interview a second time as well.So ,do you think i shouldn't worry about anything since then?...
-The thing i;m getting worried about is that we didn't provide enough evidence of our marriage as we don;t have a Credit Cards on both names and the Homeownership is on his name only.,though we have provided most of the evidence that was registered on both name except those 2. I'm assuming if we gonna be called for an interview we will be able to explain everything to them. I just dont want them to give me a hard time as its gonna be very stressful for me., but when we were attending the Conditional Card interview ,the lady was so sweet and with a great smile and she was very nice to us.
-Also another thing im worrying about is that ,yeah, we do have a real marriage ., but its obvious that we are not gonna stay together for a long, long time ,even if we are not gonna tell that to them.,its obvious anyway.,just by looking at us at the first glance. My husband also has no desire for me to stay with him for a long time as he might get sick soon and he dosen't want me to see him like that .,he wants to let me go .
Old Jun 4th 2006, 5:26 pm
Account Closed

scrubbedexpat099 is an unknown quantity at this point

He would be best to let you go now, before he is commited to the I-864
Old Jun 4th 2006, 5:35 pm
Just Joined

Originally Posted by Boiler
What are you talking about?
I;m not going to leave as is don't want to and why should i if he treats me like a princess? we were just talking about the possible future like in a few years or so., as he might get sick.
What do you mean by ,before he is commited to I-864?
He has already signed it 3 years ago.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 9:09 pm
Account Closed

HI! Thank you for your reply.Yes ,my case have already been approved for the Conditional Residence ,thats true. The lady also told us that we might be called for an interview a second time as well.So ,do you think i shouldn't worry about anything since then?...
-The thing i;m getting worried about is that we didn't provide enough evidence of our marriage as we don;t have a Credit Cards on both names and the Homeownership is on his name only.,though we have provided most of the evidence that was registered on both name except those 2. I'm assuming if we gonna be called for an interview we will be able to explain everything to them. I just dont want them to give me a hard time as its gonna be very stressful for me., but when we were attending the Conditional Card interview ,the lady was so sweet and with a great smile and she was very nice to us.
-Also another thing im worrying about is that ,yeah, we do have a real marriage ., but its obvious that we are not gonna stay together for a long, long time ,even if we are not gonna tell that to them.,its obvious anyway.,just by looking at us at the first glance. My husband also has no desire for me to stay with him for a long time as he might get sick soon and he dosen't want me to see him like that .,he wants to let me go .
Hi:

Your marriage is ALREADY different than most. It is not all that unusual that your financial affairs will be different also. You give what you have. And if you are interviewed another time, so what?

BTW, the "burden of proof" is different on the condition. When you filed the I-130/485, it was up to you to prove that the marriage was valid -- you did that. When it comes to a joint I-751, the burden is pretty much on the government for them to prove you marriage is not valid.
Old Jun 4th 2006, 9:19 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
A marriage of convenience under any other name ....
Ray:

I don't see any "marraige of convenience" at all in the immigration sense. The Petersen case from 1968 remains good law. There is an honesty in the OP's post that even DHS will be able to see, even if you don't.

http://www.usdoj.gov/eoir/vll/intdec/vol12/1845.pdf
Old Jun 4th 2006, 9:28 pm
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Boiler
Boiler:

I'm sorry -- but it isn't your place to comment upon people's motivations for marriage.

Also, certain marriage types are common enough to have earned various pejorative descriptions. Even if they apply and may be true, they are NOT the same as a "sham marriage" for immigration purposes. "Gold Diggers" or "Trophy Wives" enter into valid marriages for immigration purposes. [To the OP, my apologies -- this comment is addressed to Boiler, not you].

"The world must construe according to its wits; this court must construe according to the law." Bolt, "A Man For All Seasons" attributed to Sir Thomas More. [Best Picture 1966, Best Actor 1966 -- one of my favorite movies.]
Old Jun 5th 2006, 12:21 am
Forum Regular

XYZ123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Ray:

There is an honesty in the OP's post that even DHS will be able to see, even if you don't.
I totally agree with this. I think that both OP and her husband are extremely fortunate to have found each other and it is nobody else's business to pass judgment on their relationship.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 2:36 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

Ray:

I don't see any "marraige of convenience" at all in the immigration sense. The Petersen case from 1968 remains good law. There is an honesty in the OP's post that even DHS will be able to see, even if you don't.

http://www.usdoj.gov/eoir/vll/intdec/vol12/1845.pdf
Interesting Mr F .. .. but in that case the wife intended to stay with him ..
even to to look after him for as long as he lived ... A point made by the OP that this would not be done it her case ..
And I certainly dont believe that the existing husband would want the wife to leave when and if he became sick.. Maybe said ..but certainly not meant ..

Maybe not a marriage of convenience in the legal immigration sense
But it certainly is in the moral sense.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 2:57 am
Forum Regular

XYZ123 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Ray

Why? To me it appears, that both OP and her husband genuinely care about each other's welfare and are being honest with each other. That is far more than many marriages which appear hunky-dory on the surface.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 3:02 am
Account Closed

Originally Posted by Ray
Interesting Mr F .. .. but in that case the wife intended to stay with him ..
even to to look after him for as long as he lived ... A point made by the OP that this would not be done it her case ..
And I certainly dont believe that the existing husband would want the wife to leave when and if he became sick.. Maybe said ..but certainly not meant ..

Until I am not feeling that well do we part?
Old Jun 5th 2006, 3:09 am
Account Closed

Boiler:

I'm sorry -- but it isn't your place to comment upon people's motivations for marriage.

Also, certain marriage types are common enough to have earned various pejorative descriptions. Even if they apply and may be true, they are NOT the same as a "sham marriage" for immigration purposes. "Gold Diggers" or "Trophy Wives" enter into valid marriages for immigration purposes. [To the OP, my apologies -- this comment is addressed to Boiler, not you].

"The world must construe according to its wits; this court must construe according to the law." Bolt, "A Man For All Seasons" attributed to Sir Thomas More. [Best Picture 1966, Best Actor 1966 -- one of my favorite movies.]

Perhaps I have been a bit harsh, perhaps I have been listening to too much of the debate about the sanctity of marriage?

But the logic of excluding commited gay relationships from the immigration process as compared to this scenario does shall we say confuse me.

I appreciate that marriage for companionship is a legitimate reason for immigration purposes, as it should be, but I just wondered where you draw that line. It would appear from this post that an an initial open commitment is not required, could it be a commitment "until I get my GC"?.
Old Jun 5th 2006, 4:19 am
Just Joined

Exclamation Re: Form I-751,Removing conditions and the marriage with a 40 years age difference..

Boiler:

Dear MR.FolinskyinLa thank you fro your positive reply.
Though ,I really do hope that it will not get to the point that im gonna stand in front of the immigration judge and explain my situation. Of course i wouldnt have a problem to explain ,but that would be too stressful for me.
I have read the case of the www.usdojgov... and it ws very interesting,its very similar to my case except ,that they had only a 7 years age difference,her husband was too sick(as mine doesen;t),and he was treating her as a houskeeper(thanks god mine doesen't treat me as a houskeeper! )
I still think why would INS care so much about our realtionship ,as its obvious that we have a real one. Nobody can say how long the couple gonna remain together as, even if you gonna ask the most younger couples,what they gonna say?.., they dont; know and they have a problems with their marriages and they are getting separated or divorced.
We have made it for 3 years and planning to keep going.
My husband has never dated an older women.He told me that he can;t imagine himself to be with an older woman. He keep telling me that he is a lucky guy,he feels happy ,i made him happy fot the rest of his life ,he even became look and act younger then he used to be before.
We are planning to remain together for a few more years.,but then i will have to leave and look for a younger guy who i can have kids with and build my family with. We still gonna remain a good friends with my husband. Does that make the INS feel that we have a "Sham Marriage"?
Also,during the next interview will INS gonna take into account ,that im young,beutiful, well educated(though English is my 2nd language) .,honest.,have a great personality and a good soul....
Does INS usually take these qualities into account as well?...
Would you suggest to me to hire an immigration attorney or i should wait and see?....

Contact Us - Manage Preferences - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.