Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

FIVE notifications of EAD Card Production

Wikiposts

FIVE notifications of EAD Card Production

Old Nov 9th 2012, 12:32 am
Forum Regular

leadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to all
Default FIVE notifications of EAD Card Production

This is more an information post than a question but I'm sure the usual suspects/friends will comment/contribute.

I have now reveiced 5 electronic notices of EAD card production.

One on Nov 3rd, one on Nov 7th and THREE on Nov 8th. I am sure that this is just a mistake/inefficiency in the USCIS system and that I am not getting 5 cards or that they have mad 4 amendments to my case for EAD.

Most people that I have spoken to have said that the EAD card usually turns up between 7 and 21 days from the FIRST notice.

So for those of you that are in the process or about to start, don't be overly confused/concerned by this as it will work out in the end. If there was a major issue, you could/would expect a Request for Evidence (RFE) or Notice of Action (NOA) to tell you what to do next.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited by leadinglight; Nov 9th 2012 at 1:46 am. Reason: clarity
Old Nov 9th 2012, 1:45 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: FIVE notifications of EAD Card Production

What is the nature of these "notices"? Are any or all of them a Notice of Action (form I-797 or I-797C)? E-mails? What?

I could understand multiple e-mails, I'd be surprised about multiple NOAs.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by leadinglight
I have now reveiced 5 notices of EAD card production.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 2:17 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I have now reveiced 5 electronic notices of EAD card production.
So in addition to a paper NOA, you've also received 5 electronic notices (via email, I assume)?

It's not unusual to get multiple email notifications.

Do the notices say anything? What is the verbage in them? If they say your case has been "touched", that's not unusual, and it just means it might have been moved from one desk to another.

Most people that I have spoken to have said that the EAD card usually turns up between 7 and 21 days from the FIRST notice.
I haven't seen any reports of an EAD being issued THAT fast, especially only 7 days after the Notification of Receipt from USCIS! Typically, it takes between 60 to 90 days to get an EAD in hand after filing AOS. One should not really follow the notices (other than the paper ones)...they don't mean much, and they can come around anytime.

Rene
Old Nov 9th 2012, 2:25 am
Forum Regular

leadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to allleadinglight is a name known to all

Originally Posted by Noorah101

I haven't seen any reports of an EAD being issued THAT fast, especially only 7 days after the Notification of Receipt from USCIS! Typically, it takes between 60 to 90 days to get an EAD in hand after filing AOS. One should not really follow the notices (other than the paper ones)...they don't mean much, and they can come around anytime.

Rene
I am specifically referring to the amount of time AFTER your I-765 is approved and you receive notice that the card is in production.

The total time, for me, between intial submission of my application and the card production email is around 60 days.
Old Nov 9th 2012, 2:31 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I am specifically referring to the amount of time AFTER your I-765 is approved and you receive notice that the card is in production.
Thanks for clarifying. In your initial post, you bolded "FIRST" notice. The first notice is the NOA which says USICS has received the I-765 application.

You are talking about the second notice, the one which says USCIS approved the I-765.

Any electronic notices in between the paper NOA1 and NOA2 are just fluff.

Rene
Old Nov 9th 2012, 2:34 am
Forum Regular

Rene,

My apologies, that was an error on my part. I thought that because I had mentioned "card production" earlier in the post that it would naturally follow that I was talking about the first card production notice.

I shall be clearer in the future ;-) (I'm sure I've said that before!)
Old Nov 9th 2012, 2:36 am

Rene,

My apologies, that was an error on my part. I thought that because I had mentioned "card production" earlier in the post that it would naturally follow that I was talking about the first card production notice.

LOL, no problem....we are a nitpicky bunch.

Rene
Old Nov 9th 2012, 3:16 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

You and a lot of other posters!

Anyway, congratulations on the approval and good luck putting the EAD to use.

Regards, JEff

Old Nov 9th 2012, 4:45 am
Forum Regular

I called them, they gave me a USPS tracking number and my EAD will be in my hand tomorrow!

It appears they sent a notification for every internal process:

Card production approval
Card production completion
Mailing service ordered
Mailing service completed
USPS collected from USCIS (this was yesterday!)

Anyway, I have my EAD in transit and if it does in fact come tomorrow, I'll be at work on Monday! YAY!!
Old Dec 12th 2012, 6:34 am
Forum Regular

Jamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really nice

I called them, they gave me a USPS tracking number and my EAD will be in my hand tomorrow!

It appears they sent a notification for every internal process:

Card production approval
Card production completion
Mailing service ordered
Mailing service completed
USPS collected from USCIS (this was yesterday!)

Anyway, I have my EAD in transit and if it does in fact come tomorrow, I'll be at work on Monday! YAY!!
How long did it take you from first sending everything to them for the EAD to you receiving the card tomorrow?
Old Dec 12th 2012, 6:36 am
Forum Regular

Originally Posted by Jamie1875
How long did it take you from first sending everything to them for the EAD to you receiving the card tomorrow?
Off the top of my head it was 61 days from first application to EAD in hand but I had a reqeust for evidence (RFE) and if I had not got one of those, it MIGHT have gone faster.

Still 61 days is a lot faster than the 90 days they expect it to normally take.
Old Dec 12th 2012, 9:26 am
Forum Regular

Jamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really niceJamie1875 is just really nice

Off the top of my head it was 61 days from first application to EAD in hand but I had a reqeust for evidence (RFE) and if I had not got one of those, it MIGHT have gone faster.

Still 61 days is a lot faster than the 90 days they expect it to normally take.
Ah ok. I sent my applications in on the 26th October, got the notices that they had received them on the 30th, got my biometrics appointment letter on the 2nd November, and went for my biometrics on the 16th Novemeber. Still just patently waiting for my EAD, checking the mail everyday with anticipation. Desperate to start working so i can get out the apartment and ease me and my wifes financial situation.

I still get the 'your case cannot be found at this time in my case status' when checking online.

Old Dec 12th 2012, 9:30 am
Forum Regular

Ah ok. I sent my applications in on the 26th October, got the notices that they had received them on the 30th, got my biometrics appointment letter on the 2nd November, and went for my biometrics on the 16th Novemeber. Still just patently waiting for my EAD, checking the mail everyday with anticipation. Desperate to start working so i can get out the apartment and ease me and my wifes financial situation.

I still get the 'your case cannot be found at this time in my case status' when checking online.

That's unusual, I was able to see my case status quite early on and then signed up for the email/text alerts. I'd double heck that you are putting the full MSC plus the numbers eg. MSC1234567890. You are likely to get an email or letter in the post that you were approved before you actually get the card.

Maybe look at my timeline and you'll get an idea of how it went for me at least.....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=771595
Old Dec 12th 2012, 9:43 am
Forum Regular

That's unusual, I was able to see my case status quite early on and then signed up for the email/text alerts. I'd double heck that you are putting the full MSC plus the numbers eg. MSC1234567890. You are likely to get an email or letter in the post that you were approved before you actually get the card.

Maybe look at my timeline and you'll get an idea of how it went for me at least.....

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showthread.php?t=771595
I just phoned up the National Customer Service Center number on the uscis website and i was told that they have records thats my notices were received but there is no online case status found at this time.

They then said that if i exceed 45 days from when my notices were received (October 30th) then I've to call them back and they will investigate my case further and try and see if they can find any additional information.

Today day is day 43 since the notice day so i doubt i'll be seeing anything updated online before Friday. Looks like i'll be back on the phone to them then.

I just really hope nothings up with my case..
Old Dec 12th 2012, 9:57 am

I just phoned up the National Customer Service Center number on the uscis website and i was told that they have records thats my notices were received but there is no online case status found at this time.

They then said that if i exceed 45 days from when my notices were received (October 30th) then I've to call them back and they will investigate my case further and try and see if they can find any additional information.

Today day is day 43 since the notice day so i doubt i'll be seeing anything updated online before Friday. Looks like i'll be back on the phone to them then.

I just really hope nothings up with my case..
If you've received the paper notices, the biometrics notice, and gone to the biometrics appointment, then there is nothing wrong with your case. The online status updates are highly unreliable anyway, you're not missing anything by not seeing them.

Rene

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.