Wikiposts

Finding the right Lawyer?

Old Sep 29th 2011, 4:22 am
C_H
Just Joined

C_H will become famous soon enoughC_H will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Finding the right Lawyer?

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Hang in there. You'll probably find someone to take your case. There are lawyers, then there are immigration lawyers, then there are immigration lawyers who specialize in certain types of immigration, such as marriage-based, employment-based, etc. Even one who specializes in marriage-based cases might have only done consular processing cases (receiving a visa overseas first, then immigrating), he might not have done an adjustment of status case.

The fact that adjustment of status from an overstay is fraught with its own problems only adds to that lawyer needing knowledge and maybe experience in that specific area. If he hasn't done a case like that, he will need to do some research on it first before accepting the case.

I'm impressed that he was so honest with you, that's a good sign.

Rene
OHHHH my hormones damn you lol, i'm almost in tears ... Guys thank you so much for your help, i know i have asked a lot!! but i'm like frantic.

is there anything i can do in the meantime to help with the forms ... like what supporting documents ... financial sponsorship, medical records, medical assessment immunizations etc ... maybe i can help shorten the paperchain in preperatin for the lawyer?

thank you again
Old Sep 29th 2011, 4:38 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by C_H
OHHHH my hormones damn you lol, i'm almost in tears ... Guys thank you so much for your help, i know i have asked a lot!! but i'm like frantic.

is there anything i can do in the meantime to help with the forms ... like what supporting documents ... financial sponsorship, medical records, medical assessment immunizations etc ... maybe i can help shorten the paperchain in preperatin for the lawyer?

thank you again
Yes, you can look over all the forms required and start filling them out ahead of time (you'll be the one filling them out anyway and then handing them to the lawyer). You can get your vaccination records, if you want to, might help the civil surgeon at your medical appointment. The USC can start looking at the I-864 and gather the required tax documents.

Rene
Old Sep 29th 2011, 4:41 am
C_H
Just Joined

C_H will become famous soon enoughC_H will become famous soon enough

Originally Posted by Noorah101
Yes, you can look over all the forms required and start filling them out ahead of time (you'll be the one filling them out anyway and then handing them to the lawyer). You can get your vaccination records, if you want to, might help the civil surgeon at your medical appointment. The USC can start looking at the I-864 and gather the required tax documents.

Rene
Fantastic .... thank you
Old Nov 13th 2011, 10:22 am
Just Joined

MollyandWally is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by C_H
Hi guys,

Firstly id like to thank everyone here for your help

I was wondering if any of you had a lawyer help you with the process i live in PA and am looking to get a lawyer to represent us i have done many searches and i'm scared that they aren't legitimate lawyers, lets face it there are too many scammers about now, if anyone is in PA and can refer me to an immigration lawyer it would be greatly appreciated. or can tell me personal experiences with finding lawyers

thank you again for your help

sorry if there is an existing thread on this
Hi C_H,
I had a great experience with a lawyer in Philly. He was reccomended to me by many others who have used him:
Peter J. Gonzales, Esq.
Gonzales & Tiagha, LLC
1524 Delancey Street
Philadelphia, PA 19102
Ph: 267-322-6776
Fax: 267-322-6775
[email protected]
www.gonzalestiagha.com

You can let him know that Jill E recommended him.

Best of luck to you.