Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Finally........NOA2 has arrived!

Finally........NOA2 has arrived!

Old Jan 20th 2018, 10:43 pm
Forum Regular

Keoman is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Finally........NOA2 has arrived!

My wife got the magic letter in the post today! I-130 approved, seems a few others on the site have received theirs recently too, ours has taken 8 months to process. My understanding is that the file is now handed over to NVC by USCIS, reading up quickly on the NVC website I noticed amongst the documents required, it lists birth certificate, marriage license etc. All this was obviously sent in with the I-130, so is it needed to be sent in again? I only ask as we only obtained certified copies of everything for the I-130, not thinking other copies would be needed?

So if anyone that has recently done the NVC stage could advise I’d be very grateful. Although with the current ‘shutdown’ looming might not be a lot going on at NVC anyway!
Old Jan 20th 2018, 11:16 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Finally........NOA2 has arrived!

The entire file was sent to the NVC. There should be no need to send additional documents of ones already submitted.
Old Jan 21st 2018, 12:57 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Keoman
My wife got the magic letter in the post today! I-130 approved, seems a few others on the site have received theirs recently too, ours has taken 8 months to process. My understanding is that the file is now handed over to NVC by USCIS, reading up quickly on the NVC website I noticed amongst the documents required, it lists birth certificate, marriage license etc. All this was obviously sent in with the I-130, so is it needed to be sent in again? I only ask as we only obtained certified copies of everything for the I-130, not thinking other copies would be needed?

So if anyone that has recently done the NVC stage could advise I’d be very grateful. Although with the current ‘shutdown’ looming might not be a lot going on at NVC anyway!
Hopefully you sent photocopies along with the I-130, so you still have the original documents.

I believe NVC will ask for the original civil documents. Be sure to keep a photocopy for yourself.

Rene
Old Jan 21st 2018, 1:06 am
Banned

Twinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond reputeTwinkle0927 has a reputation beyond repute

Both previous answers are incorrect.

It is required to send the civil documents again even though some were sent to USCIS. It's a pain but it's how it is. You will get a checklist of everything they require. Follow it to the letter to avoid delays. The only one you should be sending again is the marriage certificate. The beneficiary's birth certificate is not required by USCIS.

As of November 2014 you just send photocopies to the NVC and take the originals with you to the embassy. Prior to November 2014 NVC collected originals only, now they collect copies only.
Old Jan 21st 2018, 8:29 pm
Forum Regular

Keoman is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Twinkle0927
Both previous answers are incorrect.

It is required to send the civil documents again even though some were sent to USCIS. It's a pain but it's how it is. You will get a checklist of everything they require. Follow it to the letter to avoid delays. The only one you should be sending again is the marriage certificate. The beneficiary's birth certificate is not required by USCIS.

As of November 2014 you just send photocopies to the NVC and take the originals with you to the embassy. Prior to November 2014 NVC collected originals only, now they collect copies only.

Thanks for that, I found the list of everything needed by NVC, the requirement of military records was a bit of a curve ball!! But have some time to get those while my spouse sorts out the fees in America and fills out the DS-261/260.

One other question, I read on website various ways of submitting documents to NVC, depending on NVC issued number. Which I’m assuming is something to do with the country of the beneficiary? So is UK posting or electronic submission?