Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Finally, back on track in Ankara!

Finally, back on track in Ankara!

Old Feb 25th 2004, 3:25 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Finally, back on track in Ankara!

Hi All,

It's been a long 2 months, but Sadegh is finally back in Istanbul. He went to the police station first thing this morning to find out if his police certificate is ready. According to my calculations, it should have been ready Jan. 15th. I hope they saved it for him while he was gone, and didn't just toss it! I'll find out later today.

Now I can Fed Ex P3 to Sadegh, who will then turn around and UPS it to the consulate in Ankara, who will then issue an interview date! Finally!

Here's what's in our Packet 3. Please note there is more in this P3 than in many others. This is specifically according to Ankara's requirements. Everything is a photocopy, with originals to be provided at the interview.

Cover Letter
Information Sheet (provided by Ankara)
Beneficiary and Petitioner's Passports
DS-230, Part 1, signed
DS-156, in duplicate, unsigned
DS-157
Iranian Non-Immigrant Visa Supplementary Form (special form required for all Iranians)
DS-156K, unsigned
Beneficiary's Birth Certificate and Translation
Police Certficate Letter (stating its absence - to be provided at interview)
Evidence of Engagement/Relationship (photos, congratulatory cards, phone bills)
I-134, signed and notarized, and the following support documents:
Bank Letter
Bank Statements
Employment Letter
Most recent pay stub
3 years tax returns

The stack of papers is exactly 1/2" thick. Pertinent information is stapled together (per Ankara's request), and the whole stack is held together with a big binder clip. On the right hand edge of each section, I put a sticky label so each item can be easily found within the stack. I have more evidence and backup info, but I figure this is enough to satisfy them into giving an interview date, and we can present the rest at the interview if they ask for it.

I can't believe we're moving along again!! Wow!!

Will keep you all posted on the results!
Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Feb 25th 2004, 3:28 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold
Default Re: Finally, back on track in Ankara!

oh Rene, so happy to hear that.. I cant wait for the day to read that he got it..

best of luck..

and hopefully one day we can all sit around over a coffee and say phew, we made it
Old Feb 25th 2004, 3:34 pm
BE Enthusiast

Location: Me - Illinois, USA / Husband - Palma de Mallorca, Spain
Michi is an unknown quantity at this point

Wonderful news Rene!! I wish you the best and a speedy interview date
Old Feb 25th 2004, 3:39 pm
not a newbie

soulsender is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Noorah101
Hi All,

It's been a long 2 months, but Sadegh is finally back in Istanbul. He went to the police station first thing this morning to find out if his police certificate is ready. According to my calculations, it should have been ready Jan. 15th. I hope they saved it for him while he was gone, and didn't just toss it! I'll find out later today.

Now I can Fed Ex P3 to Sadegh, who will then turn around and UPS it to the consulate in Ankara, who will then issue an interview date! Finally!

Here's what's in our Packet 3. Please note there is more in this P3 than in many others. This is specifically according to Ankara's requirements. Everything is a photocopy, with originals to be provided at the interview.

Cover Letter
DS-230, Part 1, signed
DS-157
Iranian Non-Immigrant Visa Supplementary Form (special form required for all Iranians)
DS-156K, unsigned
Bank Letter
Bank Statements
Employment Letter
Most recent pay stub
3 years tax returns

The stack of papers is exactly 1/2" thick. Pertinent information is stapled together (per Ankara's request), and the whole stack is held together with a big binder clip. On the right hand edge of each section, I put a sticky label so each item can be easily found within the stack. I have more evidence and backup info, but I figure this is enough to satisfy them into giving an interview date, and we can present the rest at the interview if they ask for it.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Yay! finally! your not gonna leave us behind are ya? good luck I've been watching and hopeing for you two as long as we've had our petition in...11 months now.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 3:42 pm
GiveMeStrength

Rene,
Congratulations on finally being able to send out P3 and getting that interview scheduled...hopefully soon!

Also, I'm hoping that your fiance is able to pick up his police certificate without a hitch.

Good luck!

Old Feb 25th 2004, 3:48 pm
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

Hi Rene!!

This is really great news. It is so good to see some movement with your petition. I know you'll do well. What is the "average" (lol) wait time until you get to go for your interview?

Leslie

Hi All,

Cover Letter
DS-230, Part 1, signed
DS-157
DS-156K, unsigned
Bank Letter
Bank Statements
Employment Letter
Most recent pay stub
3 years tax returns

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Feb 25th 2004, 4:01 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Leslie66
Hi Rene!!

This is really great news. It is so good to see some movement with your petition. I know you'll do well. What is the "average" (lol) wait time until you get to go for your interview?

Leslie
Hi Leslie,

From what I can tell, they schedule an interview date for *about* a month after they receive P3. I hope that's the case, because I need time to prepare to go there! Watch this case be just a matter of days...LOL Of course if it is, I won't complain, it will just be a more frantic trip! :-) I'm going to email them today and ask for some kind of time frame.

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes and continued support

Rene <--- who did P3 all on her own, without the lawyer! LOL
Old Feb 25th 2004, 4:26 pm
Forum Regular

amylass is an unknown quantity at this point

Good for you Rene, and for Sadegh! Keep us posted as the timeline moves along ............
Very glad for you both and good luck in the next step!!
Amy
Old Feb 25th 2004, 4:29 pm
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point

Hi Leslie,

From what I can tell, they schedule an interview date for *about* a month after they receive P3. I hope that's the case, because I need time to prepare to go there! Watch this case be just a matter of days...LOL Of course if it is, I won't complain, it will just be a more frantic trip! :-) I'm going to email them today and ask for some kind of time frame.

Thanks to everyone for your good wishes and continued support

Rene <--- who did P3 all on her own, without the lawyer! LOL
Rene I hope they process your stuff faster than ours. They gave us the line today that they all of sudden they are understaffed and they have many UPS packages to process. We sent our package on February 6th and they have not even looked at it yet. I just want to give you a heads up so you don't think anything is wrong if it takes a little longer than we both expected.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 4:46 pm
Forum Regular

lfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura aboutlfaridi has a spectacular aura about

Hi All,

Cover Letter
DS-230, Part 1, signed
DS-157
DS-156K, unsigned
Bank Letter
Bank Statements
Employment Letter
Most recent pay stub
3 years tax returns

Best Wishes,
Rene

that's great news rene. i hope your hubby has his visa in his hot little hands soon. best of luck.

linda
Old Feb 25th 2004, 4:53 pm
BE Enthusiast

Khadija is an unknown quantity at this point

Way to go!

Ankara or bust!!!!!

P
Old Feb 25th 2004, 4:59 pm

Originally posted by tmushen
Rene I hope they process your stuff faster than ours. They gave us the line today that they all of sudden they are understaffed and they have many UPS packages to process. We sent our package on February 6th and they have not even looked at it yet. I just want to give you a heads up so you don't think anything is wrong if it takes a little longer than we both expected.
Thanks for the heads up, T. I hope you hear something soon!! Also, it seems their website is down at the moment for processing emails. I've tried 3 times and it won't go through.

Rene
Old Feb 25th 2004, 5:03 pm
K1 via London

Steffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond reputeSteffi has a reputation beyond repute

Yay!!!!

What's been the hold-up again? It was about needing some original papers or something, right? Well I'm glad things are finally moving on for you! It seems like ages that we've heard anything about your case. Best of luck.
Old Feb 25th 2004, 5:07 pm
jingling

jcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond reputejcapulet has a reputation beyond repute

Congratulations Rene and Sadegh! Glad to hear things are moving forward!

Juliet
Old Feb 25th 2004, 5:20 pm

Originally posted by Steffi
Yay!!!!

What's been the hold-up again? It was about needing some original papers or something, right? Well I'm glad things are finally moving on for you! It seems like ages that we've heard anything about your case. Best of luck.
Hi Steffi,
Yes, it was the hassle of getting Sadegh's original birth certificate. We were waiting about 6 weeks for his brother to bring it over from Iran, and he never showed. So Sadegh had to go back to Iran himself to get it. While there, he got stuck in some family business and ended up staying 2 months!

Here's the kicker...Iran doesn't use credit cards....however, one can get "credit coupons" from the government to use in various stores instead of cash. This requires putting something up for collateral. Guess what they take as collateral?? Birth certificates! Sadegh's father had all 7 children's birth certificates in his possession, and had put them up as collateral (I'm sure at the time he did it, he never thought any of his children would be immigrating and needing that document anytime soon!). I have no idea how long ago this happened, or exactly what it took to get the original back, but it's done now and I'm relieved!! The thing you learn in this process are just amazing!!

Thanks for the good wishes!
Rene

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.