Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Filling out I-130 in the UK - HELP Please

Filling out I-130 in the UK - HELP Please

Old Feb 25th 2020, 9:06 pm
Just Joined

MovingtoUS is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Filling out I-130 in the UK - HELP Please

Hello! We are now starting our CR-1 process to get my husband a visa to move to the US with me (we both live in the UK now). We are currently starting at step 1 filling out the I-130 to send to the London office. My question is for the I-130 and writing in the "NA"s into the different areas. Do we write it in every single box that we don't write something else? For example for our UK address we aren't putting a province or a state, do I put NA there?

Last edited by MovingtoUS; Feb 25th 2020 at 9:08 pm.
Old Feb 25th 2020, 9:42 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filling out I-130 in the UK - HELP Please

Originally Posted by MovingtoUS
..... For example for our UK address we aren't putting a province or a state, do I put NA there?
That's what the instructions say, IIRC, so I would.

Is your application going to be returned or rejected if you don't put "N/A" in the state/ province field? Probably not, but I'll guarantee that it won't do any harm.
Old Feb 25th 2020, 10:26 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Use the N/A and No or None as appropriate. Say it asks for the names of children or the number of children you have. The answer would be "None" not N/A as it is applicable.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 5:48 pm
Just Joined

sorry another silly question but want to get the forms right. When filling out address and employment history it asks for dates, for current address and employment, should you leave date to blank or put na or present in there? thanks
Old Mar 4th 2020, 6:13 pm

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute

sorry another silly question but want to get the forms right. When filling out address and employment history it asks for dates, for current address and employment, should you leave date to blank or put na or present in there? thanks
I'd put "Current", "On-going", or similar.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 6:28 pm
BE Enthusiast

Harveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond reputeHarveyspecter has a reputation beyond repute

I put "present' in each and mine was accepted just fine.
Old Mar 4th 2020, 7:02 pm
Just Joined

On the last page, I need to add my additional addresses for where I lived. There is a box for page number, part number and item number. I understand what the page and part number refer too, but what does the item number refer too? Would I put item number 3 in for address number 3, and item number 4 for my fourth address and so on? Also would I put the entire address in one of those boxes or does one line of the address need to be in a separate box because it's a different item number? Again probably a silly question, and I appreciate all your help so far
Old Mar 5th 2020, 1:07 pm
Forum Regular

stuwoolf is an unknown quantity at this point

On the last page, I need to add my additional addresses for where I lived. There is a box for page number, part number and item number. I understand what the page and part number refer too, but what does the item number refer too? Would I put item number 3 in for address number 3, and item number 4 for my fourth address and so on? Also would I put the entire address in one of those boxes or does one line of the address need to be in a separate box because it's a different item number? Again probably a silly question, and I appreciate all your help so far
On the I-130 we recently completed regarding more addresses, Page was 4 as this is the page requesting address info. The Part was 2 as it is Part 2 of the form which asks for the address info. Item number was the number of the piece which first asks for address information eg 42. Not sure if this is correct but its done now.

Apologies if I have misunderstood your question.

Good luck.