Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Filing I-751 - concern from AOS?

Filing I-751 - concern from AOS?

Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:04 pm
Stuff and Nonsense

Russ&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond reputeRuss&Jayne has a reputation beyond repute
Default Filing I-751 - concern from AOS?

I'm pretty clued up about what to send, but do have a query that is making me curious about my impending filing of the I-751.

When I had my AOS interview they asked for no evidence. Nada. They didn't look at anything I had brought along, and when offered to them as a nicely acco-clipped file they recoiled back and said "no way". I wasn't even sworn in, but we won't dwell on that one

Now coming up to filing the I-751 I am wondering what part my AOS file plays in this, if anything at all? Is it completely seperate process where they won't even glance at past files? The reason I ask is that I am concerned (only a little!) that they will see from the AOS that there is no extra evidence, only the document stuff sent with initial filing. Should I be compensating for this in any way (by sending extra stuff that was intended as AOS evidence), or can I rest easy at night knowing that just following the instructions will be enough?
Old Jul 10th 2006, 9:34 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filing I-751 - concern from AOS?

Hi Russ & Jayne,

If I were you, just to be on the safe side, I'd send along a few things from the beginning (before the AOS interview), just to show continuity and that you have indeed been together all this time. I think it's treated as an individual thing, but since you'll have nothing in your file, why risk it?

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 10th 2006, 10:43 pm
BE Enthusiast

curiousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud ofcuriousmelon has much to be proud of

We had similar experience,
the officer didnt keep anything, neither photos nor docs,
so we are planning to send some extra evidence from the begining of our marriage along with our I-751,
so hopefully that will work.
good luck!
Old Jul 11th 2006, 1:26 pm
Forum Regular

haozi101 is an unknown quantity at this point

Same thing for our case, didn't take any docs and pics we took along with us during AOS interview. We will include a few docs (such as bank statement, car insurance, health insurance dated before AOS interview). My quick question is that should the most recently dated documents be put on the top and followed by the earlier ones or the other way around.
Old Jul 11th 2006, 2:23 pm
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by haozi101
My quick question is that should the most recently dated documents be put on the top and followed by the earlier ones or the other way around.
It doesn't matter!

Ian