Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Filing I-130 for my daughter

Filing I-130 for my daughter

Old Nov 23rd 2009, 12:51 am
BE Forum Addict

BritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond reputeBritishGuy36 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filing I-130 for my daughter

As nobody answered this:

Originally Posted by merz
Is the Alien registration number on the greencard?
...I will.

It is on the green card, yes.

It's also on your CR-1 visa, it's the 'registration number':

http://media.photobucket.com/image/c...a/CR-1visa.jpg

Another useful place it is listed is on the sheet of paper affixed to the outside of the MBE (mysterious brown envelope) that's returned to you by mail with your passport from the embassy.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 12:44 pm
Irritant

merz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud of

Excellent! Thanks BG, I thought I might have to wait for the actual card for the number. That helps a lot.

Merz
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 1:29 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

Hello Merz

I didn't even wait until I had my green card. I send a copy of the stamp from my passport the same day I arrived back in the US using my IR1 visa (I was on a K3 for 2 years). I applied for the I-130 with all the necessary paperwork and instead of a copy of the green card, I send a copy of my passport, the IR1 visa and the I55 stamp in the passport received on entering the POE. On the USCIS website instructions it says this is acceptable as the green card could take a while to arrive.

Good luck and keep in touch.
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:15 pm
Irritant

merz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud ofmerz has much to be proud of

Originally Posted by Maggs
Hello Merz

I didn't even wait until I had my green card. I send a copy of the stamp from my passport the same day I arrived back in the US using my IR1 visa (I was on a K3 for 2 years). I applied for the I-130 with all the necessary paperwork and instead of a copy of the green card, I send a copy of my passport, the IR1 visa and the I55 stamp in the passport received on entering the POE. On the USCIS website instructions it says this is acceptable as the green card could take a while to arrive.

Good luck and keep in touch.
Aww Thanks Maggs!
You know every second counts, and it feels like you are DOING something..I will be running off the the post office with the paperwork as soon as I can...
Hows things going with you?

Merz
Old Nov 23rd 2009, 8:25 pm
Mummy and baby 1982

Maggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond reputeMaggs has a reputation beyond repute

I'm doing OK. My daughter is visiting right now, so I am a very happy mummy! We applied for her I-130 in 2005 and her I-130 was approved this year. The visa bulletin is moving a bit faster than it was a few years ago. There were a time when it took over a year to move 3 weeks. At the moment it has moved 3 months in one month. Lets hope it stays going this fast. Have a look at my timeline in my profile.

Maggie