Filing for AOS Soon.

Old Mar 11th 2003, 5:49 pm
Jim

Default Filing for AOS Soon.

Canadian fiancee and I married last week. We've gone through the K-1
process, so nothing will be terribly difficult as far as paperwork goes. My
only question is...do I have to submit evidence of relationship/marriage
(photos, joint accounts, name on lease, pics etc.) with the AOS petition and
related forms, or do I just bring all that with me at the interview?

Thanks!

Old Mar 11th 2003, 10:49 pm
Niraj Agarwalla

Default Re: Filing for AOS Soon.

"Jim" wrote in message news:...
    > Canadian fiancee and I married last week. We've gone through the K-1
    > process, so nothing will be terribly difficult as far as paperwork goes. My
    > only question is...do I have to submit evidence of relationship/marriage
    > (photos, joint accounts, name on lease, pics etc.) with the AOS petition and
    > related forms, or do I just bring all that with me at the interview?

When filing AOS, all you need is the wedding certificate. The other
stuff will be needed during the interview. Read the I-485
Instructions carefully as not to miss anything.

>
    > Thanks!

Old Mar 12th 2003, 12:43 am
Forum Regular

sharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to all

Nope, you don't need to submit that evidence... Here's a list of what we sent in for our AOS! Good Luck!

I-485 - Adjustment of Status FORM
•A photocopy of the birth certificate
•A photocopy of the marriage certificate
•Two ADIT photos
•A $50 check for fingerprinting
•A $225 check for the Adjustment of Status
•G-325A Biographic Info
•A photocopy of both sides of the I-94
•A photocopy of the K-1 Notice of Approval
•I-864 (Affidavit of Support to be completed by the U.S. citizen)
•last three years tax returns
•proof of employment (two recent pay stubs)
•I-693 Medical Evaluation or K-1 Medical Info (ignore this if you are a K-1!)

I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization - EAD FORM
•A $120 check
•Two ADIT Pics
•Photocopy of both sides of I-94
•Signed signature card

I-131 - Application for Advance Parole FORM
•Explanation of why require Advance Parole - on a separate sheet of paper:
"I am applying for Advance Parole in order to be able to visit my family in Country X. In particular my parents are both elderly and I would like to be able to visit at short notice if either of them were to be become dangerously ill."
•A $110 check
•Photocopy of both sides of the I-94
•Photocopy of visa
•Two ADIT photos

Last edited by sharmilashah; Mar 12th 2003 at 12:45 am.
Old Mar 12th 2003, 4:36 am
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Originally posted by sharmilashah
Nope, you don't need to submit that evidence... Here's a list of what we sent in for our AOS! Good Luck!

I-485 - Adjustment of Status FORM
•A photocopy of the birth certificate
•A photocopy of the marriage certificate
•Two ADIT photos
•A $50 check for fingerprinting
•A $225 check for the Adjustment of Status
•G-325A Biographic Info
•A photocopy of both sides of the I-94
•A photocopy of the K-1 Notice of Approval
•I-864 (Affidavit of Support to be completed by the U.S. citizen)
•last three years tax returns
•proof of employment (two recent pay stubs)
•I-693 Medical Evaluation or K-1 Medical Info (ignore this if you are a K-1!)

I-765 - Application for Employment Authorization - EAD FORM
•A $120 check
•Two ADIT Pics
•Photocopy of both sides of I-94
•Signed signature card

I-131 - Application for Advance Parole FORM
•Explanation of why require Advance Parole - on a separate sheet of paper:
"I am applying for Advance Parole in order to be able to visit my family in Country X. In particular my parents are both elderly and I would like to be able to visit at short notice if either of them were to be become dangerously ill."
•A $110 check
•Photocopy of both sides of the I-94
•Photocopy of visa
•Two ADIT photos
Hi... could you please clarify something for me. Your list says I-693 or K1 medical info (ignore this if you're a K1). Aren't you guys a K1 visa also. Did you have the whole medical done again? i.e. exam and vaccination supplement. I'm really confused. I thought my husband who also arrived on a K1 didn't need the medical and the vaccination supplement would be required at the interview. Do you think they would send the whole application back if this was missing or just an RFE?

Also what is a signature card for the EAD. we didn't send one in, don't even know what it is. Thanks in advance. And keep us posted on your progress. By the way, we applied for my husband's SS card on 2/5/03 and we still haven't received it. Should we get someone involved. We're in the SF bay area.

Hope you did well on your exam

take care,

Kat and Chris (U.S. and U.K. citizens respectively)
Old Mar 12th 2003, 2:25 pm
Forum Regular

sharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to allsharmilashah is a name known to all

Hi - Sorry I made that list before I called INS - but I did call the INS office and they said that K-1'ers don't have to worry about the medical part for the AOS application. If they need something before your interview date they will let you know.

Signature card for the EAD is no longer required either! Sorry about that - it was an old version of my list

You can definitely contact your local senator/congressman. It can't hurt. It's just difficult sometimes explaining the long process to them (if they are unfamiliar with it they may think you can't get a SSN until you get an EAD etc etc)...

Thanks and good luck!

Sharmila

Last edited by sharmilashah; Mar 12th 2003 at 2:32 pm.
Old Mar 12th 2003, 4:35 pm
BE Enthusiast

katnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to allkatnap8 is a name known to all

Originally posted by sharmilashah
Hi - Sorry I made that list before I called INS - but I did call the INS office and they said that K-1'ers don't have to worry about the medical part for the AOS application. If they need something before your interview date they will let you know.

Signature card for the EAD is no longer required either! Sorry about that - it was an old version of my list

You can definitely contact your local senator/congressman. It can't hurt. It's just difficult sometimes explaining the long process to them (if they are unfamiliar with it they may think you can't get a SSN until you get an EAD etc etc)...

Thanks and good luck!

Sharmila
Hi Sharmila,

Thanks for clearing that up for us. We were worried that our applications would be sent back.

Regarding the SSN perhaps we'll wait a little while longer, we haven't received the EAD yet anyway.

Thanks again,

Kat and Chris