Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Filing AOS in Arizona. Anyone else from this state?

Filing AOS in Arizona. Anyone else from this state?

Old Aug 17th 2005, 2:13 pm
Forum Regular

trinikisses is an unknown quantity at this point
Red face Filing AOS in Arizona. Anyone else from this state?

Hey everyone, I am currently working on my I-485 and I-130. Anyone else filing from AZ? And how long is the wait until you get your interview? Any suggestions or tips would be great. Thanks
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:07 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Filing AOS in Arizona. Anyone else from this state?

Originally Posted by trinikisses
Hey everyone, I am currently working on my I-485 and I-130. Anyone else filing from AZ? And how long is the wait until you get your interview? Any suggestions or tips would be great. Thanks
Hi there!

I am in Phoenix, Arizona, nice to meet you! My husband came over on a K-1 fiance visa in April 2004. We filed AOS paperwork in June 2004, and he just had his AOS interview in July 2005. So from filing to interview, 13 months. We got the interview notice letter 2 months before the interview, so we had plenty of time to prepare.

The interview was very easy...I posted the experience here, I'll post the link to it so you can read about it.

Are you in the Phoenix area? Because Tucson also has a local office.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:10 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Here's the link to the interview experience:

http://britishexpats.com/forum/showt...proved+Phoenix

Rene
Old Aug 17th 2005, 3:21 pm
Denis

trinikisses dusted off the keyboard, lubricated the mouse and eloquently
typed:
    > Hey everyone, I am currently working on my I-485 and I-130. Anyone else
    > filing from AZ? And how long is the wait until you get your interview?
    > Any suggestions or tips would be great. Thanks
    >

Hi,

I did my AOS Phoenix in 2002 and it took 16 months to get my interview
and approval which was a pleasant surprise because Phoenix used to take
3 years or thereabouts. I believe it is even better than 16 months now
but I'm sure others will post their timelines for you.

-- Denis
The aging process could be slowed down if it had to work its way through
Congress.

Old Aug 17th 2005, 4:40 pm
Valley of the Sun

souls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to beholdsouls canuck is a splendid one to behold

Hi

We filed in Sept. 2004 thru Tucson and got our interview letter 2 months later for a Dec. date! sadly, it got cancelled.. twice! then we moved to Phoenix in Dec. and dreaded the long wait.. happy to report that we are going in a month.. so it was one yr since filing.. not bad!
Old Aug 17th 2005, 6:41 pm
Forum Regular

trinikisses is an unknown quantity at this point
Smile Re: Filing AOS in Arizona. Anyone else from this state?

Hey Everyone, Thanks for the responses ( thank for the link Rene) I live in Phoenix. One year is not a long time to wait, so it should not be do bad.....
Old Aug 17th 2005, 8:38 pm

Originally Posted by trinikisses
Hey Everyone, Thanks for the responses ( thank for the link Rene) I live in Phoenix. One year is not a long time to wait, so it should not be do bad.....
Your welcome! And just think, a lot of your waiting now will be during the cooler months...yay! LOL

Rene