Wikiposts

Fiancee's Mother

Old Mar 26th 2004, 3:57 am
Just Joined

Yuriy is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fiancee's Mother

My wife came to US with Visa Fiancee. Now she is has Social Security and a Green Card.
I am a US citizen.
What can we do to bring her mother to live here?

Official website says, you have to be a US citizen to be able to bring your natural parents to US.
Green Card holders can only bring their Spouse and kids.

Is there anything else I can do to help this process?
Old Mar 26th 2004, 4:22 am
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Fiancee's Mother

Originally posted by Yuriy
My wife came to US with Visa Fiancee. Now she is has Social Security and a Green Card.
I am a US citizen.
What can we do to bring her mother to live here?

Official website says, you have to be a US citizen to be able to bring your natural parents to US.
Green Card holders can only bring their Spouse and kids.

Is there anything else I can do to help this process?
Hi:

As soon as your spouse naturalizes, then she can immigrate mother. However, do note that the I-130's for "Immediate Relatives" are backlogged and unlike IR spouses, there is no K-3.

Otherwise, Mum has to qualify for immigration indepdendent of family relations.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 4:39 am
Just Joined

Thanks for your help.
What are other means of immigration?

Employment-I can't find any employer who would sponsor her;

Marriage-She is an elderly person. (Any fraud marriages wouldn't work, because 2 of her daugther are here. It is too suspicious)

Refugee-She is not jewish. and there is nothing extraordinary happening in Ukraine.

Green Card lottery is not a sure thing.

Is there anything else I am missing?

Your professional help is very much appreciated.

Originally posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

As soon as your spouse naturalizes, then she can immigrate mother. However, do note that the I-130's for "Immediate Relatives" are backlogged and unlike IR spouses, there is no K-3.

Otherwise, Mum has to qualify for immigration indepdendent of family relations.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 4:41 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

Marriage-She is an elderly person. (Any fraud marriages wouldn't work, because 2 of her daugther are here. It is too suspicious)
Not to mention dishonest, wrong, and an abuse of the system.........

~SecretGarden
Old Mar 26th 2004, 5:54 am
Just Joined

I know , I know. That's why I mentioned it. So people would not suggest possibilities that I am aware of. But suggest other possibilities.

Originally posted by SecretGarden
Not to mention dishonest, wrong, and an abuse of the system.........

~SecretGarden
Old Mar 26th 2004, 6:57 am
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

I know , I know. That's why I mentioned it. So people would not suggest possibilities that I am aware of. But suggest other possibilities.
You WANT to bring you MIL here... get a Doctor to ensure you are not going insane.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:00 am
The Missus

SecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond reputeSecretGarden has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I am still wondering why you think anyone here would suggest a fraudulent marriage, seeing as the vast majority of us here are going through legal channels to get our loved ones here?

Then again, perhaps I'm overthinking your comment. Good luck!

~SecretGarden
Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:03 am
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

I guess I am still wondering why you think anyone here would suggest a fraudulent marriage, seeing as the vast majority of us here are going through legal channels to get our loved ones here?

Then again, perhaps I'm overthinking your comment. Good luck!

~SecretGarden
Well, I'm overthinking how weird it sounds to start a thread titled Fiancee's Mother when you've been married for what appears to be quite a long time.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:09 am
The Missus

Originally posted by Leslie66
Well, I'm overthinking how weird it sounds to start a thread titled Fiancee's Mother when you've been married for what appears to be quite a long time.
HMMMMM!

~SG
Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:11 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Bluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond reputeBluegrass Lass has a reputation beyond repute

Very astute observation, Les. Hmmmm...
Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:12 am
@matthewb76

Manc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond reputeManc has a reputation beyond repute

She is an elderly lady
Can I sell you the health insurance? I'll be able to send my kids to college on the commisions alone.
Ray

Ray has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond reputeRay has a reputation beyond repute

HMMMMM!

~SG
Obviously really !!! he is married to one sister... but engaged to the other one ..
WTF?

Leslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond reputeLeslie has a reputation beyond repute

HMMMMM!

~SG

Now I'm overthinking what SG means by HMMMMMM!

I'm not paranoid, but all of the people that are plotting against me are.
Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:13 am
The Missus

Originally posted by ray6
Obviously really !!! he is married to one sister... but engaged to the other one ..
I'm assuming one of them is also pregnant, right?

*Sigh*

~SG
Old Mar 26th 2004, 7:15 am
The Missus

Now I'm overthinking what SG means by HMMMMMM!

I'm not paranoid, but all of the people that are plotting against me are.

Leslie,
Look behind you.............

~SG

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.