Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Fiancee visa delays - please help!

Wikiposts

Fiancee visa delays - please help!

Old Jul 19th 2007, 8:25 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fiancee visa delays - please help!

If you read Post #4, which I made, and also meauxna's posts, we both suggested emailing the consulate to ask if you can have a preferred date for your interview. Other people have done this successfully. Just ask them very sweetly if it is at all possible to have the interview by XXX date (whatever date you specify before having to fly out). All they can do is say no....but you might luck out and they could say yes. You have to do it by EMAIL though...not phone.

For the record, we got our interview date too early (not in London, though). I wanted to be there for the interview, and 2 days notice was not enough time. I emailed the consulate and asked them if it was possible to postpone the interview for 2 weeks later, they emailed me back with a new date exactly within the week I had requested. Give it a try.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Old Jul 19th 2007, 10:03 am
Just Joined

cardinal125 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally Posted by Noorah101
If you read Post #4, which I made, and also meauxna's posts, we both suggested emailing the consulate to ask if you can have a preferred date for your interview. Other people have done this successfully. Just ask them very sweetly if it is at all possible to have the interview by XXX date (whatever date you specify before having to fly out). All they can do is say no....but you might luck out and they could say yes. You have to do it by EMAIL though...not phone.

For the record, we got our interview date too early (not in London, though). I wanted to be there for the interview, and 2 days notice was not enough time. I emailed the consulate and asked them if it was possible to postpone the interview for 2 weeks later, they emailed me back with a new date exactly within the week I had requested. Give it a try.

Best Wishes,
Rene
Rene,
Do you happen know the email address you used? I have scoured the US embassy website many times and there is no email that I can find regarding visa information. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.
Old Jul 19th 2007, 10:06 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cardinal125
Rene,
Do you happen know the email address you used? I have scoured the US embassy website many times and there is no email that I can find regarding visa information. Maybe I'm looking in the wrong place.
We didn't use the London embassy, but if you try doing a search on this forum, you might come up with it. I'll see if I can track it down.

Rene
Old Jul 19th 2007, 10:12 am

Originally Posted by Noorah101
We didn't use the London embassy, but if you try doing a search on this forum, you might come up with it. I'll see if I can track it down.

Rene
[email protected]

I found it by going to www.google.com, and then typing in "us embassy london email".

Rene
Old Jul 19th 2007, 4:04 pm
Forum Regular

unicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond reputeunicorndreams has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by cardinal125
My British fiancee and I have done everything required to get her approved for a K-1 Fiancee visa to come to the U.S. and get married. We were approved for the visa last April, and we thought we had plenty of time to get the visa before our August wedding. However, it has been three months since she was approved, and the US embassy seems to be doing everything they can to delay the process. We are very worried she will not receive an interview date at the embassy to get the visa before the wedding date. Is there anything we can do to speed up the process? All the forms needed have been acquired, we're just waiting for the embassy to shedule the interview....
Hi,

Sorry to hear that things are very slow right now.
I did K1 in 2001. My petition was approved by the Dec 01, we sent it Nov 3rd.
Then I had letter from the Embassy end of March 02 and had the interview April 16th 02. We had booked our wedding for July 27th.I came over May 14 02.But we didnt set the date until I called my fiance to say I had the visa.He arranged some stuff in that month,things that needed booking etc.
Then I did other bits when I got here.So I had about 10 weeks to sort it totally.It was plenty of time really.
On my visa form that came from the Embassy I just put the year 2002 for date of wedding.

Good luck with yours. You will get there in the end.
I am now a citizen so have been through the process from start to finish.