Wikiposts

Fiance Visa Question

Old Mar 3rd 2004, 9:35 pm
Impatient but hopeful!

chloej is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Fiance Visa Question

Hello!

We are in the middle of a Fiance Visa Application (I am British and my Fiance is from The US) Surprisingly enough!!! Anyway, does anybody know if it is OK to go out to the US on a tourist visa (The 90 day one) whilst applying for the K1? Hope so as we need some time together as the application process is taking a lot longer then we thought!

Give Me Good News Please!!!!!

Chloe
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 11:45 pm
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough
Default Re: Fiance Visa Question

Originally posted by chloej
Hello!

We are in the middle of a Fiance Visa Application (I am British and my Fiance is from The US) Surprisingly enough!!! Anyway, does anybody know if it is OK to go out to the US on a tourist visa (The 90 day one) whilst applying for the K1? Hope so as we need some time together as the application process is taking a lot longer then we thought!

Chloe
Yes I believe so, I have been to the U.S. 2 times since applying for my K-1 and am going again for a short visit over easter.

Just be honest with the immigration officer at your POE.

Last edited by mcjimbo; Mar 3rd 2004 at 11:47 pm.
Old Mar 3rd 2004, 11:55 pm
Impatient but hopeful!

chloej is an unknown quantity at this point

That is great news! I see that you are from Bournemouth and moving to Milwaukee! That is a coincidence as I am from Dorchester and will be living in Green Bay!

Originally posted by mcjimbo
Yes I believe so, I have been to the U.S. 2 times since applying for my K-1 and am going again for a short visit over easter.

Just be honest with the immigration officer at your POE.
Old Mar 4th 2004, 12:00 am
Living in Milwaukee, USA!

mcjimbo will become famous soon enough

That is great news! I see that you are from Bournemouth and moving to Milwaukee! That is a coincidence as I am from Dorchester and will be living in Green Bay!
Hello neighbour!

Greenbay is just up the road from us. Nice to hear from you.

Go the Packers! Hope all is going well with your application!

James
Old Mar 4th 2004, 12:03 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Hello!

Chloe

Hi.

As they're becoming more and more strict over here, it'd be wise to bring as much proof as you can that you intend to return to your home country after your visit, even if you do have the tourist visa. Lots of people on this NG have done so, so it's worth doing a search here to see what proof people have brought. Examples include lease/mortgage agreement, letters from employers, etc. It'd give you peace of mind at the airport. If you bring nothing, you run the risk of being sent back to your home country, as the immigration officer might think you intend to stay. All the best for your visit!!!

Kate. xxxxx