Mrtravel

Default Re: Fiance Visa

"Julie H." wrote:
    >
    > >
    > The income for me and my fiance is $15,000.00 gross income a year. I
    > just got off the phone with the INS. They also said its up to the
    > consulate in Egypt and in USA to decide on the residence and meeting
    > issue. But I appreciate all inquiries. Thank You.

Your fiance's income isn't of consequence. Your income is.
If you don't meet the requirement, then you will need a cosponsor who's
income is 125 percent of the poverty level for themselves, their
dependent, and the immigrant.

You will have to meet in person first. Not having enough money or time
off work will not get the requirement waived.

Old Dec 27th 2002, 6:08 am

katesuiter1 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by angeles73
kate: totally off thread here (and I apologize to anyone who is offended by my hijacking the thread for just a moment) ... I notice you got packet 4 already. Does that mean that TSC has already sent your petition to London? Did you pay the I-824 fee? (cabling fee?)

Ange
Hey, Ange!!

Hope you had a good Crimbo! I sent London our original approval notice. I took a big risk, though, as we need it for AOS, and the only way London will give it back is if the approved file has come from TSC by the time of my interview. I didn't see the point in paying more money for cabling. A lot of people have paid and they said it didn't make a blind bit of difference, and with TSC's track record...........

I sent the notice on the Thursday night, they got it on Friday, I had my date by Monday, and packet 4 by the following Thursday. Yippee!!! I just hope I either get the notice back, or it makes it's way to the right office!

Kate. xxxxxx
Old Dec 27th 2002, 6:15 am
BE Enthusiast

angeles73 is an unknown quantity at this point

So I wonder if all the consulates accept this original notice if its done in person? I was thinking of having my honey take the receipt to the BA Consulate, pay the 26 bucks and turn it in so he could get all his stuff , including his date.

I may just email them and ask.. THANKS FOR THE IDEA!

Xmas was great.. a little lonely without my sweetie... but the girls and I just kept busy and had fun with friends that night.

Hope you and the Coremaster are doing well. Can't wait to have you here girl!!!

Big hug.
Ange
Old Dec 27th 2002, 6:22 am

Hi, again!

Corey's ok, ta! I can't wait to get there!!

I believe some consulate's will even take a fax copy of the approval notice. London isn't one of them, though. Definately worth asking!

Luv Kate. xxxx
Old Dec 27th 2002, 8:17 am
St. Louis

ljudi72 is an unknown quantity at this point

Originally posted by Julie H.
I met my fiance 2 years ago on-line in a yahoo room. We have talked
often via messenger, on the telephone. We have many emails from each
other and pictures of each other (actual pics in hand), plus have
received gifts via snail-mail. I need to know what the guidelines are
for means of support. How much money does a USA citizen need to make
to support fiance? Also, How long does a USA citizen have to live in
same address before filing petition? I heard it was 2 years. Is having
to leave job (which would cause job to be lost, place to live lost) to
go see fiance in person be considered hardship? My finace and I want
to get all the information together before filing. I will fight,
meaning get a lawyer to get my fiance here. May God Bless You All.

Julie H.
Julie,

For less expensive travel I usually use www.orbitz.com or www.hotwire.com.
I looked up Chicago to Ciaro just for a comparison price and the cost is running around $1000 dollars round trip. If you play around with the days a bit you can often find better deals too. I wish you the best of luck I know airfare can be a killer..but it's important to meet in person.

Good Luck,

Judi
Old Dec 27th 2002, 9:58 am
I'm back!

Just Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond reputeJust Jenney has a reputation beyond repute

Originally posted by Julie H.
Jenny,

Give site you found about ticket info for going to Cairo, Egypt.
Where the ticket is less than what I mentioned. I'm going there. It
may take some time, as I would have to save all money, since I have
none. But our Love is stronger than a time line.

Julie
Julie, I will gladly give you some links for looking up US-Egypt airfare. I'm very happy to hear that you're considering going there to spend time with your fiance in person before marrying him.

Some websites that I've used in my various travels (so far, 4 continents and counting...):

AIRFARE:

www.expedia.com

www.travelocity.com

www.cheaptickets.com

HOTEL ACCOMMODATION:

www.lodging.com

www.hotels.com

Here are some other travel websites which I have not personally used but have heard good things about:

www.orbitz.com

www.hotwire.com

www.airporthotelguide.com/

There are lots of travel deals out there, if you do some digging online, sometimes in the most unlikely places. One of the best travel deals I ever got was through MasterCard: 2-for-1 roundtrip airfare for a direct flight from NYC to Johannesberg on South African Airways. Even though we went during the high season, we got 2 tickets for $700!! (I found out about that particular deal by posting a request for cheap travel ideas to South Africa on a South African expats message board.)

Feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions, Julie. I've done quite a bit of travelling so I might be able to help give you some advice about where to look for good travel deals.

Best of luck to you...

~ Jenney
Old Dec 28th 2002, 6:00 am
Julie H.

Jenny,

Thank you for the information. It is much appriciated. This is so
exciting! My first rip overseas will be to Cairo, Egypt to see my
fiance. I have search on how to get passport, where to get it
(since its my first time) and for visa to go there. Thanks again.

Julie H.

Old Dec 28th 2002, 7:17 am
Forum Regular

pepsi is an unknown quantity at this point

Jenney actually you don’t have to met in person if you religion has special issues which stop you from seeing each other. you can actually still be accepted. I don’t know much about the persons religion but I know its one of them kinds which could pass on hardship

as for you Kate, you are clearly just defending you friend and have nothing better to do with your time, so I wont even bother.

And as for any one else of jenneys friends on the message board please don’t back her nonsense because she’s your friend its clear that is what you are all doing surely you can see how she could be clearly offending the original poster,

PS I did say no offence jenney, but it was still a flame post, of how you are being persevered by the posters who are not good friends of yours ,because they are sure to back you

PSS enjoy england

Last edited by pepsi; Dec 28th 2002 at 7:19 am.
Old Dec 28th 2002, 8:45 am

Originally posted by pepsi
as for you Kate, you are clearly just defending you friend and have nothing better to do with your time, so I wont even bother.

And as for any one else of jenneys friends on the message board please don’t back her nonsense because she’s your friend its clear that is what you are all doing surely you can see how she could be clearly offending the original poster,

PSS enjoy england
Pepsi, you need to put your claws away. I certainly have better things to do with my time than attack people who are just trying to help someone who asked for advice. I don't know Jenney from adam, although I'd like to think of "most" of the people here with some affection. While everyone here has their own opinion, yours appears to be very bitter, and whoever asks for advice here DOES NOT have to take it. 95% of the people here are eager to help others, so why are you bitching at someone who's trying to do that?
Kate.
Old Dec 28th 2002, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

pepsi is an unknown quantity at this point

Kate , I think you have forgot what this post was about in the first place , telling some one they should 'hold hands' 'look in to there eyes' etc, before they start the process is nothing to do with no-one but the couple in question, I don’t know what your defending? and i shall not argue this point any longer or even check a reply to this post, so if you would like and it will make you feel better , you can add a witty reply, to get you post count up, because I am no longer interested

good luck with your cases

Last edited by pepsi; Dec 28th 2002 at 10:27 am.
Old Dec 28th 2002, 10:59 am

Good luck with yours too, pepsi.
Kate.
Old Dec 28th 2002, 1:38 pm
Jadm

My "now" UK husband and i married here in the states while he was
visiting and it was all legal, he "adjusted his status" from
here...also, your UK BF should not need a visitor visa as they have
the "visa waiver" program.
ps....it was an actual INS official who suggested we get married in
this fashion at our then local office*

Old Dec 28th 2002, 1:51 pm
Jadm

well ive read all the threads, tho its true entering the USA with an
intent to marry is "illegal", the fact remains that it "IS" legal for
a foreign national to come here, marry a USC and adjust her/his
status...ie: stay in the USA.
We had NO prob going thru the AOS interview as our relationship is
real, which is what they are concerned with ... yes they do sometimes
ask if you had "previous intent" to marry...the answer here would be
"NO"...as in our case, it "was" a last minute decision. If you have
previous intent and INS believes it, your foreign bf/gf will be turned
back from where he/she originated right at the port of entry (POE)..my
UK man was turned back once on his way here at Gatwick (on his 2nd
visit on his visa waiver) because (and only because) he didnt have a
roundtrip air ticket to return (as he was going to purchase a 1way
trip back from here in the states-cheaper at that time). The British
officer stopped him from coming as a "favor"...as the officer knew he
would be sent back to the UK the second the INS in the USA at Logan
airport saw no return flight.
ok im off the soapbox*

Old Dec 29th 2002, 8:11 am
Mrtravel

http://travel.state.gov/passport_services.html

"Julie H." wrote:
    >
    > Jenny,
    >
    > Thank you for the information. It is much appriciated. This is so
    > exciting! My first rip overseas will be to Cairo, Egypt to see my
    > fiance. I have search on how to get passport, where to get it
    > (since its my first time) and for visa to go there. Thanks again.
    >
    > Julie H.

Old Dec 30th 2002, 3:58 am
In the UK

Careybear will become famous soon enough

Your fiance's income isn't of consequence. Your income is.
If you don't meet the requirement, then you will need a cosponsor who's
income is 125 percent of the poverty level for themselves, their
dependent, and the immigrant.

Actually, her fiance's income could be of consequence because according to the INS Site there are more ways of showing that the fiance will be able to support him/herself when she gets to the U.S. then just the U.S. sponsor....see below...taken directly from the site... http://www.usembassy.org.uk/cons_web...faffidavit.htm
this is form DS 2000

Evidence Which May Be Presented to Meet the Public Charge Provisions of the Law

An applicant for a fiancé(e) Kii or V visa is not required to file an affidavit of support, form I-864 at the time he or she applies for the visa. However, the Immigration and Nationality Act does require the applicant to establish to the satisfaction of the consular officer at the time of the application for a visa, and also to the satisfaction of the United States immigration official at the time of application for admission to the United States, that he or she is not likely at any time to become a public charge.

An applicant for a fiancé(e), Kii or V visa may generally satisfy the requirement of the law by the presentation of documentary evidence establishing that:

1. the applicant has, or will have in the U.S. personal funds sufficient to provide support for the applicant and dependent family members, if any, or sufficient to provide support until suitable employment is located;
2. the applicant has arranged employment in the U.S. that will provide an adequate income for the applicant and dependent family members;
3. relatives or friends in the U.S. will assure the applicant's support; or
4. a combination of the above circumstances

Applicants Own Funds: An applicant who expects to be able to meet the public charge provisions of the law through personal financial resources may submit to the consular officer evidence of funds or income from one or more of the following sources:

bank statement showing present balance of applicant's account, date account was opened, the number and amount of deposits and withdrawals during the past 12 months, and the average balance during the year. If there have been recent unusually large deposits, an explanation thereof should be given;
proof of ownership of property or real estate, in the form of a title deed or the equivalent and a letter from a lawyer, or real estate agent showing its present valuation (any mortgages or loans against the property must be stated);
letter or letters verifying ownership of stocks and bonds, with present market value or expected earnings indicated;
statement from insurance company showing policies held and present case surrender value;
proof of income from business investments or other sources.
If the financial resources are derived from a source outside the United States, a statement as to how the funds or income are to be transferred to the U.S. must be provided.

Employment: An applicant relying on an offer of prearranged employment to meet the public charge provisions of the law should have the prospective employer submit a notarized letter of employment on the letter head stationary of the employing business. The letter should:

contain a definite offer of employment;
give a description of the job offered to the alien and an explanation of skills which qualify the alien for the position;
state the rate of compensation to be paid and if pertinent, additional information detailing other benefits to be included in lieu of cash payment;
specify the location, type and duration (whether seasonal, temporary or indefinite) of the employment offered; and
state whether the employment will be immediately available upon the applicant's arrival in the U.S.
Affidavit of Support: Persons in the U.S. who wish to furnish sponsorship of a fiancee or Kii visa applicant in the form of an affidavit of support should use form I-134 which is available from the Immigration and Naturalization Service. Sponsors may also elect to furnish a statement in the form of an affidavit sworn to before a notary public or other official competent to administer an oath, setting forth his or her willingness and financial ability to contribute to the applicant's support and reasons, in detail, for sponsoring the applicant.

The affidavit should include:

information regarding his or her annual income;
where material, information regarding his or her other resources;
obligations for the support of members of his is or her own family and other persons, if any;
other obligations and expenses;
plans and arrangements made for the applicant's reception and support;
an expression of willingness to deposit a bond, if necessary, with the Immigration and Naturalization Service to guarantee that the applicant will not become a public charge in the United States; and
an acknowledgment that the sponsor is aware of his or her responsibilities under the Social Security Act, as amended, and the Food Stamp Act, as amended, that the affidavit will be binding upon the sponsor for three years after entry of the named persons; and that the affidavit and supporting documentation may be made available to a public assistance agency. (The provisions of the above laws are contained in form DS-1858, Sponsor's Financial Responsibility Under the Social Security Act, and printed in Part III of the instructions for Form I-134).

The sponsor should include in the affidavit a statement concerning his or her status in the U.S. If the sponsor is an American citizen the affidavit should include a statement about how U.S. citizenship was acquired. If naturalized, the affidavit should indicate the date of naturalization, the name and location of the court, and the number of the sponsor's certificate of naturalization. If the sponsor is an alien who has been lawfully admitted into the U.S. for permanent residence, he or she should state in the affidavit the date and place of admission for permanent residence and the alien registration number which appears on his or her Alien Resignation Receipt Card.

To substantiate the information regarding income and resources the sponsor should attached two or more of the following items to the affidavit.

notarized copies of his or her latest federal income tax return;
a statement from his or her employer showing salary and the length and permanency of employment;
a statement from an officer of a bank regarding his or her account, the date the account was opened and the present balance;
any other evidence adequate to establish financial ability to carry out his or her undertaking toward the applicant for what might be an indefinite period of time.

If the sponsor is well established in business he or she may submit a rating from an recognized business rating organization in lieu of the foregoing. If the sponsor is married, the affidavit should be signed jointly by both husband and wife. Affidavits of support should be signed jointly by both husband and wife. Affidavits of support should be of recent date when presented to the consular officer. They are unacceptable if more than one year has elapsed from the date of execution. The affidavit of support should be given to the applicant to present on the day of his or her visa interview. If you do not wish for the person to see this affidavit, you may send it directly to the Embassy with a covering letter giving the applicant's full name, date and place of birth and case number.

So, if someone wanted to come here and could show that they could support themselves and their new wife according to this you wouldn't even need a U.S. Sponsor...

Carey

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.