Fee increase

Old Aug 2nd 2020, 6:42 pm
Conditional Resident

Mangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond repute
Default Fee increase

https://www.uscis.gov/news/news-rele...rational-needs

So since the Government is pretty much Anti-immigration at this point imo. Would it be better to apply for naturalization now instead of waiting till after my Green card conditions are removed so i can avoid the fee increase?

i got my Conditional green card on 06/27/19 so if I'm allowed to file after 3 years, that would be now since it would have been June 2020.
I filed to remove my conditions on 04/19 and finally got an update in April 2020 i was ready for interview but that obviously went quiet cause of the shutdown with Covid.

Should i just do it now to avoid the fee increase although i know they will put my N400 on hold untill after adjudicating on the I-751
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 8:24 pm
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Fee increase

Originally Posted by Mangaboy84

So since the Government is pretty much Anti-immigration at this point imo. Would it be better to apply for naturalization now instead of waiting till after my Green card conditions are removed so i can avoid the fee increase?

i got my Conditional green card on 06/27/19 so if I'm allowed to file after 3 years, that would be now since it would have been June 2020.
I filed to remove my conditions on 04/19 and finally got an update in April 2020 i was ready for interview but that obviously went quiet cause of the shutdown with Covid.

Should i just do it now to avoid the fee increase although i know they will put my N400 on hold untill after adjudicating on the I-751
Did you make a typo in your stated dates?
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 9:53 pm

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Mangaboy84

I filed to remove my conditions on 04/19 and finally got an update in April 2020...
I don't think you got your green card in 2019 if you filled to remove conditions in 2019. I think you've got a wrong date in there.

That being said, if you are eligible to file the N-400 now (been married to the same USC for more than 3 years and have been a US PR for 3 years minus 90 days), you can file it whenever you like.

Rene
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 9:56 pm
Conditional Resident

Mangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond reputeMangaboy84 has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by S Folinsky
Did you make a typo in your stated dates?
i sure did

Originally Posted by Noorah101
I don't think you got your green card in 2019 if you filled to remove conditions in 2019. I think you've got a wrong date in there.
Rene
Yea i would edit the post but i cant, it was issued in 06/17
Old Aug 2nd 2020, 10:53 pm
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Your timeline then is as follows:

Received Conditional Green Card June 27, 2017

Applied to remove condition April __, 20019

Eligible to file for Naturalization April __, 2020 (3 months ago)

Yes, you are eligible to apply for naturalization if that is your ultimate goal. Most of us all applied for naturalization prior to having the conditions removed. It's your call.
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 2:39 am
Conditional Resident

sorry, I-751 was 04/19/19 to be precise, NOA sent on 04/24/19 for 18Month Extension.

so two follow up questions,
a) i presume sending a copy of my current expired conditional PR card is ok?
b) i had a cell phone traffic citation ion 02/07/2019. how do i fill out the section for questions 22-29

I was going to tick yes to 23, 24, 25.
i was going to tick no to 22, 26, 27, 28
i have the original ticket still so would add as much to the table as possible although unsure at outcome column. i think that's just "no court appearance/fine paid".

Do I need any further evidence other than the original citation from the police officer?

I did plan on applying but wasnt in a rush till i heard the price was increasing from $640 to $1,170

Last edited by Mangaboy84; Aug 3rd 2020 at 2:42 am. Reason: fees added
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 3:13 am
Conditional Resident

So i re-read the instructions again for N-400.

i presume this means i dont need to worry about the traffic ticket anymore and can just tick all no?

NOTE: You must submit documentation of traffic incidents if:
(1) The incident involved alcohol or drugs
(2) The incident led to an arrest; or
(3) The incident seriously injured another person.
You do not need to submit documentation for traffic fines or incidents that did not involve an arrest or did not
involve drugs or alcohol, if the only penalty was a fine of less than $500 or points on your driving record.
I honestly don't remember if that was in there last time i looked while i was filing my original I-485 paperwork. Was wondering how on earth do i find out about a speeding ticket from England when i was only 19 lol
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 3:43 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

You have to tick yes that you were cited. If the fine was under $500 then you don't need to provide documents.

Rene
Old Aug 3rd 2020, 11:09 am
Often not so civil...

civilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond reputecivilservant has a reputation beyond repute

I would advise that you uploaded documentation on all convictions (which includes a traffic ticket) for completeness. I had 2, supplied the original ticket, and proof of payment, and it was never mentioned.

Overkill? Maybe, but the speed that regulations and enforcement are changing right now better safe then sorry IMO.

The instructions say you do not need to provide documentation, they DO NOT say you do not need to mention it. I agree with your original answers in Post #6.