Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

A favor regarding NOA 1 for I-129F/K3 ...

Wikiposts

A favor regarding NOA 1 for I-129F/K3 ...

Old Dec 22nd 2003, 5:14 am
Found: My soul mate!!

mrs.jar2b will become famous soon enoughmrs.jar2b will become famous soon enough
Default A favor regarding NOA 1 for I-129F/K3 ...

I was wondering if a couple of you wouldn't mind doing me a favor by looking at the NOA 1 you received from USCIS for your I-129F/K3 petition. I'm a little worried that the info they have on my NOA 1 isn't correct.

The NOA 1 I received has a box that says Applicant and has my name listed there. I am the USC petitioner in our case and my husband, UKC, is the beneficiary. I guess that makes sense since I am applying for my husband's visa. I'm just alittle nervous because Mark's name isn't listed on the NOA 1 anywhere.

The NOA 1 for our I-130 was much more straightforward ... Mark is listed as the beneficiary and I'm listed as the petitioner.

Just wondering if a couple people wouldn't mind letting me know if this is how your NOA 1 appears ... or perhaps I will call USCIS just to be sure all is well (not that I want to interrupt them from approving as many of us as possible before the holidays!).

Peace of mind would be good. This process tends to make a person a bit paranoid!

Thanks much!!
Jackie
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 5:21 am
BE Enthusiast

tmushen is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: A favor regarding NOA 1 for I-129F/K3 ...

Originally posted by mrs.jar2b
I was wondering if a couple of you wouldn't mind doing me a favor by looking at the NOA 1 you received from USCIS for your I-129F/K3 petition. I'm a little worried that the info they have on my NOA 1 isn't correct.

The NOA 1 I received has a box that says Applicant and has my name listed there. I am the USC petitioner in our case and my husband, UKC, is the beneficiary. I guess that makes sense since I am applying for my husband's visa. I'm just alittle nervous because Mark's name isn't listed on the NOA 1 anywhere.

The NOA 1 for our I-130 was much more straightforward ... Mark is listed as the beneficiary and I'm listed as the petitioner.

Just wondering if a couple people wouldn't mind letting me know if this is how your NOA 1 appears ... or perhaps I will call USCIS just to be sure all is well (not that I want to interrupt them from approving as many of us as possible before the holidays!).

Peace of mind would be good. This process tends to make a person a bit paranoid!

Thanks much!!
Jackie
Same thing here I think that's just how they do it for the I129F. I wouldn't worry about as long as you have a receipt.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 5:30 am
Overworked and exhausted

Hebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud ofHebapotamus42 has much to be proud of

The NOA1 from Missouri only gives the petitioner's name. Don't worry about it.
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 6:05 am
Found: My soul mate!!

mrs.jar2b will become famous soon enoughmrs.jar2b will become famous soon enough

Okay then, no more worrying!

Thanks to you both for the reassurance

Happy holidays!
Jackie
Old Dec 22nd 2003, 5:12 pm

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Jackie,

No, you are not applying for your husband's visa. You are petitioning the US government to accept a marriage-based visa application from your husband.

After your petition has been approved - that is, after the government has agreed that your husband is qualified to submit a marriage-based visa application - then your husband will apply for his visa.

Regards, JEff

Originally posted by mrs.jar2b

The NOA 1 I received has a box that says Applicant and has my name listed there. I am the USC petitioner in our case and my husband, UKC, is the beneficiary. I guess that makes sense since I am applying for my husband's visa. ....

Jackie