Reload this Page >

Extending I-29F Validity Date

Extending I-29F Validity Date

Old Mar 18th 2020, 1:21 am
Just Joined

Lolskut is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Extending I-29F Validity Date

Hi All,

I have my K1 Visa interview booked for this week; however all interviews have been cancelled for the foreseeable future due to Coronavirus. My I-29F Validity will expire on April 1st.

I've had a look online and called the US embassy however was unable to get a straight answer. Does anyone have the contact email or any information on how I go about extending this validity period?

For confirmation, this is for UK to US

Thanks!
Old Mar 18th 2020, 1:59 am

Pulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond reputePulaski has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Extending I-29F Validity Date

Obviously this is an important question for you, but realistically there isn't much point in even worrying about it until things become clearer and the US consulate announces that interviews will recommence. Given the current situation, and what I have been reading on the BBC's Web site, I think it is likely to be months before international travel is opened up again, and it could be a year or more. .... Someone was quoted in a BBC article suggesting the the current restrictions on travel, events, and meetings could last 18 months, with a heavy hint that it could be even longer than that.
Old Mar 18th 2020, 3:23 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

I had to extend the I-129F validity date when my fiance and I were going through the K-1 process. Just email the embassy (or use their contact page) and let them know you wish to extend. When you appear for the interview, the office will make as note of it.

It's nothing to worry about.

Rene
Old Mar 18th 2020, 6:07 am
BE Commentator

S Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond reputeS Folinsky has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by Lolskut
Hi All,

I have my K1 Visa interview booked for this week; however all interviews have been cancelled for the foreseeable future due to Coronavirus. My I-29F Validity will expire on April 1st.

I've had a look online and called the US embassy however was unable to get a straight answer. Does anyone have the contact email or any information on how I go about extending this validity period?

For confirmation, this is for UK to US

Thanks!
The Consulate has the authority to extend the validity of the petition. The process is so automatic, the ConOffs don’t even realize they are doing this. (This can have some weird permutations, which are highly unlikely to occur). This may be the reason you won’t get a straight answer.