Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Evidence of Relationship

Evidence of Relationship

Old Dec 30th 2001, 1:17 am
Mayellae

This is my third question in the past couple of days, but I want to get this thing
right the first time. I am about to send out my I-129F petition, and wanted to know
if I have enough evidence to support our relationship. I currently have copies of
phone bills, several emails throughout our relationship, a copy of the receipt of my
engagement ring, a copy of the contract and receipt for our reception hall, a copy of
his boarding pass, ticket, and itinerary from his visit here, a copy of my receipt
and itinerary for my future trip to visit his family, copies of our web cam
conversations, photographs of the two of us, and a notarized letter from each of us
expressing our intent to marry and within the 90 day time frame. Am I missing
anything? These documents are all signed and dated.

Thanks for the help.

Old Dec 30th 2001, 2:19 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

Wow talk about overkill. They don't need copies of your web cam conversations. Nor do they need or want a copy of your contract for the reception. Neither do they need the receipt for your engagement ring. The I-129F requires proof that you have met in person in the last two years. It is the US Consulate abroad that "might" request proof of your intent to marry.

Trim it down a little and send some of that stuff to your fiancee for his interview.

Rita
Old Dec 30th 2001, 2:45 am
Aangiela

Sorry, I was just trying to get things strait about what to send. I've heard so many
things from so many different sources.

Old Dec 30th 2001, 3:28 am
Concierge

Rete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond reputeRete has a reputation beyond repute

I understand.

Look at it this way.

For the I-129F you have to prove you have met in person within the last two years. You have to show that your intent and/or commitment. Travel itineraries, boarding passes, a photograph or two of you both together, one or two recent phone bills, an email or two is enough. This is more than what we sent which was boarding passes and one photo and we were approved within three days.

For the K-1 you have to prove your intent to marry. For that you can use your ring receipt, a copy of your pending wedding invitation, etc. Again this should be enough. It is more than we had. Never thought about a receipt for a ring or the wedding invitation, etc. And again we were approved.

I've seen that if you are dealing with a first world country fiancee, you are of the same generation, then you shouldn't have a problem with proving the relationship. If people run into problems it is usually a criminal record or a problem with the affidavit of support.

I'm sure you will be fine.

Happy New Year

Rita