Evidence as proof of ongoing relationship

Wikiposts

Evidence as proof of ongoing relationship

Old Mar 6th 2013, 8:21 pm
Forum Regular

Japinky is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Evidence as proof of ongoing relationship

Hi
I am looking specifically for any advice as to how to proceed with the following
My Fiance intends to petition me on the k1 visa as soon as possible.From what I understand I have to download the documents and fill in my part, send photograph myself..and also a cover letter stating that I intend to marry my Fiance once on US soil? Is this all that is required of me for this process?

I had read that a packet can be put together with proof of ongoing relationship?
I have searched online to see what is needed for this.

I read that 2-5 photographs of myself and fiance are required. I am a little concerned about not having enough evidence of ongoing or from the time we met in particular. Photographs in particular.I have only one of us together,since he spent his time taking photographs of me when I was there.
I went to meet my now.. Fiance last September and spent a month with him in the US.
Prior to that we had been communicating through email for seven months since I had met him online.
Neither of us were certain what was going to happen and therefore did not meticulously hoard receipts of everything or take many different photographs together.
I am not sure I even have my boarding passes for the flight now. I do however have the stamp in my passport and my flight booking in email.
Our relationship has been ongoing now for a year..I speak with him on weekends in Gmail on cam and we mail each other everyday there also.
I have a record of emails from this time. There are no Skype conversations and calls wise.. I have no record of.
How much will this affect our petition? Also is it essential to send the package of what evidence there is at time of petition or does it come into play at the Consulate interview?
What is acceptable as cover letter.. Re:intention to marry on arrival in the States?
I would truly appreciate some advice
Many thanks in advance
Old Mar 7th 2013, 12:42 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute
Default Re: Evidence as proof of ongoing relationship

Originally Posted by Japinky
Is this all that is required of me for this process?
No. You must also have a medical exam by a USCIS-designated physician and get any required vaccinations.

I had read that a packet can be put together with proof of ongoing relationship?
Many people include proof of an ongoing relationship... however the sole criteria for submitting the I-129F petition is that the two of you have met, face to face, at least once in the previous two years.

I read that 2-5 photographs of myself and fiance are required.
That'd be nice, but it's not required.

I am not sure I even have my boarding passes for the flight now.
Again, they'd be nice to have, but are not required.

How much will this affect our petition?
Probably not a whole lot.

Also is it essential to send the package of what evidence there is at time of petition or does it come into play at the Consulate interview?
What do the I-129F instructions say? Note that there is both an I-129F form and an I-129F instruction form. Read both.

What is acceptable as cover letter.. Re:intention to marry on arrival in the States?
What is acceptable is a simple statement that says you intend to marry within 90 days of your entry to the US.

Ian
Old Mar 7th 2013, 1:02 am
Forum Regular

Hi
thank you for responding.. and for clarifying each point. I had read details on the I-129 form.It had suggested putting together a package of the items I stated above to send along at time of petition
I was aware in later stages after petition is accepted that a medical is required and also the Consulate interview.
Also that they might request proof of ongoing relationship then.. But again,thank you for responding
It was the initial petition that had thrown me as far as what was needed to prove relationship. I had thought that initially it was just sending in the form with details,a passport sized photo and the cover letter.
I posted in the forum because the net is full of contradicatory advice.
Thank you for reply
Old Mar 7th 2013, 1:13 am
Forum Regular

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...apter5-10.html

This is what I was sent..hence my post
Thanks again for all of your help
Old Mar 7th 2013, 1:47 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

There are also other, more basic criteria - that the two people intend to marry, in the USA, after which the alien intends to apply for Permanent Resident status so as to live in the USA.

Admittedly, these things should be clear from the title and procedures of the K1 visa process, but there are people who, for example, think they need a K1 visa just to get married in the USA even though they do not intend to live in the USA after marriage. It's the word "sole" that I have a problem with.

Regards, JEff

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
however the sole criteria for submitting the I-129F petition is that the two of you have met, face to face, at least once in the previous two years.
Old Mar 7th 2013, 1:51 am
Forum Regular

Absolutely agreed and thank you Jeff
Old Mar 7th 2013, 2:06 am

jeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond reputejeffreyhy has a reputation beyond repute

Note that the only supporting documentation required for these other items are the statements of intent from the petitioner and beneficiary.

Regards, JEff

BTW, you started my day with a smile by titling your thread "Evidence as proof ..."

Absolutely agreed and thank you Jeff
Old Mar 7th 2013, 2:21 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

http://www.nolo.com/legal-encycloped...apter5-10.html

This is what I was sent..hence my post
Thanks again for all of your help
The only place you should really be going for correct instructions is www.uscis.gov. Form I-129F can be found there, along with its instructions. The I-129F instructions are clear about what needs to get sent along with the form.

The USC will need from you:

1. An original signed statement of intent (it just needs to say you intend to marry within 90 days of your arrival on the K-1 visa...name him by name in the statement). Note that this statement is different from a "cover letter".

2. Two original US style passport photos.

3. An completed, original, signed G-325A Biographical Information form.

And that is all.

He needs to include proof that you've met in person at least once within the past 2 years. Whether that proof is in his possession or yours, I don't know. But if it's in your possession, you can send photocopies to him (photocopies of your passport stamps, photos together, flight itinerary, whatever you have).

The "proof of ongoing relationship" evidence comes at the time of your visa interview. You may or may not be asked to show anything, but might be safe to have a few things just in case.

Rene
Old Mar 7th 2013, 10:09 am
Forum Regular

BTW, you started my day with a smile by titling your thread "Evidence as proof ..."
Haha! What can I say..!! It was early! Must have been a subconscious slip alluding to trial
Thanks very much Jeff for your input..I really appreciate you having taken the time to respond so promptly.. and with an angle of humour too
I had not realised my blunder prior to you pointing it out so tactfully..
Kind regards

Last edited by Noorah101; Mar 7th 2013 at 10:20 am. Reason: fixed quotes
Old Mar 7th 2013, 10:18 am
Forum Regular

That's great advice Noorah..Thank you for your response.
If I were to scan what I have and attach into a word document..copies of boarding passes and the rest would that suffice.Or must originals be sent? Just trying to cut down on the paper involved to return to my Fiance and condense what I have to the optimum.
I'm pretty certain I have sufficient archives that correspond to the ongoing relationship..of course that will increase over the next few months and be ready for the Consulate if and when needed
Thanks again..Much appreciated!
Regards
Old Mar 7th 2013, 10:22 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

If I were to scan what I have and attach into a word document..copies of boarding passes and the rest would that suffice.Or must originals be sent?
The letter of intent needs to be an original. The G-325A needs to be an original. The US style passport photos need to be original. Everything else can be a photocopy or scan.

Rene
Old Mar 7th 2013, 11:32 am

Clearly Ian has failed in his mission to get the moderators to keep the coffee pot full.

Regards, JEff

Haha! What can I say..!! It was early!
Old Mar 10th 2013, 7:03 am
Forum Regular

Proof needed of status..? To prove that I am free to marry..Just wondering how one obtains this, since there is no such document available within the UK of such. Having not ever been married and being single..How to proceed with this particular requirement?
So far I have found my boarding passes, will attach a photo of myself and Fiance on the "proof of having met" , passport sized photographs and of course the petition document itself (beneficiary side) Intent and cover letter.
Hope I have everything..
Just proving I am free to marry..
Can anybody advise?
Old Mar 10th 2013, 8:44 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

How to proceed with this particular requirement?
You write a note affirming that you are free to marry, and intend to marry your fiancé within 90 days of entry to the US. Nothing more difficult than that.

Ian
Old Mar 10th 2013, 9:04 am
Forum Regular

Thanks Ian for the swift response

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.