Go Back  British Expats > Living & Moving Abroad > USA > Marriage Based Visas
Reload this Page >

Evidence for interview....

Wikiposts

Evidence for interview....

Old Jul 30th 2008, 1:54 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute
Default Evidence for interview....

my UKC fiance hasn't gotten his case number yet but he brought up a great question. While I was there in April, we found a better phone deal than what BT was giving him, I called up, had the phone/internet/tele put in my name ( im a USC ) the woman asked no invading questions or anything like that, the bill is paid every month and James calls me 3-4 times a week on that bill. Can he bring THIS bill to the interview as evidence that we stay in contact via telephone and or will the bill in MY name put up any red flags ( i dont see why it would, but i just want to make sure. ) Thanks!
Old Jul 30th 2008, 3:07 am
Barmy Harmy

Harm is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Re: Evidence for interview....

Originally Posted by agentpeppermint
my UKC fiance hasn't gotten his case number yet but he brought up a great question. While I was there in April, we found a better phone deal than what BT was giving him, I called up, had the phone/internet/tele put in my name ( im a USC ) the woman asked no invading questions or anything like that, the bill is paid every month and James calls me 3-4 times a week on that bill. Can he bring THIS bill to the interview as evidence that we stay in contact via telephone and or will the bill in MY name put up any red flags ( i dont see why it would, but i just want to make sure. ) Thanks!
I don not believe it should pose any issues.

If you can, take some photos of you together, a written statement by family and friends is what I took with me. The embassy people were happy with that, and I didn't need to take any phone bills with me. It may be worth asking them before you submit the paperwork, because getting a letter back and trying to find new evidence can be very time consuming.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 3:26 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Phone bills can be just part of the overall evidence that you have an ongoing relationship. I would say yes, include them in the package, but make sure you have other evidence as well.

Rene
Old Jul 30th 2008, 3:27 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

I'm sure it's not a problem.

My then fiance was not asked for any evidence at interview, they must have reviewed it as we sent it all in ahead (can't remember if with the petition or the visa application, or both - probably the petition).
Old Jul 30th 2008, 4:06 am
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

I printed out emails going back over 12 years, photographs, phone bills etc.....

They didn't ask to see any of it ...... but I'd still take as much evidence that you can get your hands on "just in case" ....
Old Jul 30th 2008, 4:09 am
Lost in BE Cyberspace

Tracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond reputeTracym has a reputation beyond repute

Originally Posted by mojofilter
I printed out emails going back over 12 years, photographs, phone bills etc.....

They didn't ask to see any of it ...... but I'd still take as much evidence that you can get your hands on "just in case" ....
I'd agree... sort of.

What we were advised is to do was to not bury them in a mountain of evidence, but have have a good representative selection that spanned the entire time period.

I suppose you could have more in another folder or something if really worried, but I don't think they want to have to slog through a huge amount.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 4:16 am
Forum Regular

mojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud ofmojofilter has much to be proud of

I didn't print put every email going back 12 years, that would have been crazy .... Just enough to prove that we had been in contact during that period of time.

Originally Posted by Tracym
I'd agree... sort of.

What we were advised is to do was to not bury them in a mountain of evidence, but have have a good representative selection that spanned the entire time period.

I suppose you could have more in another folder or something if really worried, but I don't think they want to have to slog through a huge amount.
Old Jul 30th 2008, 8:19 am
Questy Questionson

agentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond reputeagentpeppermint has a reputation beyond repute

With the petition itself, I included a handful of photos from both of my trips to the UK, pictures of his parents and I ( his dad giving me bunny ears outside the Manchester Airport ) and we included our letters of intent explaining our relationship as well. I also included the note from the docs stating I was pregnant and when I was due.

My dr has written a letter indicating the time frame in which I could have gotten pregnant which coincides with my April trip to the UK for 2 weeks.

We have pictures, video ( of him scaring me with a spider lol ) and many friends and family members that would write letters for us. Thanks for the input everyone!
Old Jul 30th 2008, 8:27 am

Noorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond reputeNoorah101 has a reputation beyond repute

Don't bother including a video. USCIS has no way of watching it.

Rene
Old Jul 31st 2008, 12:27 am
Account Closed

ian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond reputeian-mstm has a reputation beyond repute

Can he bring THIS bill to the interview as evidence that we stay in contact via telephone and or will the bill in MY name put up any red flags ( i dont see why it would, but i just want to make sure. )
The requirement for the K-1 visa (since you mention a fiance), is that you have met at least once during the prior 2 years. You are not required to demonstrate an ongoing relationship. Phone statements, while proving the latter (which is not required), do not prove that you've met in person (which is required).

Ian
Old Jul 31st 2008, 3:12 am

Originally Posted by ian-mstm
The requirement for the K-1 visa (since you mention a fiance), is that you have met at least once during the prior 2 years. You are not required to demonstrate an ongoing relationship. Phone statements, while proving the latter (which is not required), do not prove that you've met in person (which is required).

Ian
Ian,

The OP is talking about proof to show an ongoing relationship at the time of the K-1 interview. Phone records, emails, and chats are a good way of showing this, and sometimes it IS required to show. Not for the I-129F filing, but at the time of interview.

Rene
Old Jul 31st 2008, 5:06 am
Questy Questionson

Originally Posted by ian-mstm

Ian

I think the baby in my belly proves that we met in person i was just asking about the phone bill....
Old Jul 31st 2008, 6:05 pm

penguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond reputepenguinbar has a reputation beyond repute

Check out the posts on 2007/2008 London K1 experiences. That might help you out a bit.
Old Jul 31st 2008, 9:59 pm
Account Closed

Folinskyinla is an unknown quantity at this point

I think the baby in my belly proves that we met in person i was just asking about the phone bill....
Hi:

I would not assume that. Really.

In fact, in many consulates, a pregnant woman seeking a marriage based visa is a red flag which has to be specifically addressed.

I have no doubt about your relationship, but there have been instances where a later DNA test has had surprising results.

Last edited by Folinskyinla; Jul 31st 2008 at 10:03 pm.
Old Aug 1st 2008, 12:00 am
Questy Questionson

Originally Posted by Folinskyinla
Hi:

I would not assume that. Really.

In fact, in many consulates, a pregnant woman seeking a marriage based visa is a red flag which has to be specifically addressed.

I have no doubt about your relationship, but there have been instances where a later DNA test has had surprising results.
Every "estimate" every test all shows I got pregnant while I was in England... I know that it could be some kind of issue, thats why my doctor has a medical release for the US Embassy, (just in case) and he is prepared to write an even more in depth statement if needed. Also, we have discussed a possible intrauterine DNA test if it comes up and after the baby is born there is certainly going to be one. ( mostly because his family is being idiots about it all )

Contact Us - Manage Preferences Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.